Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geographically you’re right, MK Dons and Oxford (even Charlton) doesn’t make him a journeyman in the transportation sense of the word. However, in terms of his career he most definitely is a third tier journeyman. His numbers don’t lie.

If you honestly think that KR’s own self-importance isn’t a problem or hasn’t been with a number of players during his time with us, then I’m sorry but you’re mistaken.

I fully expect a change to happen this week.
You have been a good ITK source previously. The word ‘expect’ leads me to think you know a change is imminent, rather than a gut feeling.

You have been a good ITK source previously. The word ‘expect’ leads me to think you know a change is imminent, rather than a gut feeling.

Gut feeling tbh. I don’t think there is any other way the new CEO can go based on what has come to fruition and the results on the pitch.

Not my place to air it. You will all find out in due course.
Not your place to air it with an anonymous account on a forum full of fellow fans that are all trying to work out what’s happening. If it’s not your place to air it, where is and under what circumstances?

Well said Scotchers. Booting him out now will gain nothing - mind you he has only a short while longer to turn things around.

In the same way as Colin couldn’t tell us all he knew about the new board takeover EC and OX14 may know something but quite rightly aren’t telling us because they could be betraying a confidence
So they are telling us in a round about way expect something soon

Henry was signed by the recruitment team in the summer and Brannagan and Dickie were the same in January, even though Clotet was manager by that time. He then refused to pick them out of protest as he wanted to sign the likes of f**king Kemi Agustien instead and got sacked for his troubles.

The players that Clotet signed off his own back (so to speak - Eales ultimately sanctioned the deals) were Williamson, Tiendalli, Ricardinho, Pekalski, Mehmeti, Xemi and van Kessel. All the rest were done by the recruitment team with the approval of Eales or Dave Jones. Jones left the week that Tiger hired Robinson in March 2018.

Pep Clotet would’ve relegated us had he been left in his post until the end of the season. I have absolutely no doubt about that what so ever.
Soooo, you're saying we've got Clotet to thank for getting to see Ricardinho? Almost makes the rest of them worthwhile.

Hard to say as he never played but I bet Pekalski was better than Phil Trainer as well. As long as we stay above that bar the manager is A Ok with me.

It’s too big and important to share.

A post was put on here the other day and was deleted because it was rumour about Karl's personal life and that people thought Karl's personal life wouldn't have an affect on the playing side or the club.

I would expect a statement from the club on this tomorrow.

A post was put on here the other day and was deleted because it was rumour about Karl's personal life and that people thought Karl's personal life wouldn't have an affect on the playing side or the club.

I would expect a statement from the club on this tomorrow.
Oh stop showing off!

Nothing scheduled, but that doesn't mean that they're not talking.

I don't think that's the style of the board, nor the image they want to present as they look long term towards the stadium and beyond.

Equally, I don't think it's fair to describe Robinson as an egotistical 3rd division journey man. Up until the last 6 months he has been the figurehead for the club, and has (up until recently) presented well throughout covid, particularly reaching out to vulnerable fans during the first lockdown, the loss of Jim Smith, Mickey and Joey, and within all of the community projects. All of these have helped with the clubs image as we move towards the new stadium. He will have credit in the bank from the board, and whilst they may well be looking at other options, they will want to do this the right way by everyone - including Robinson.
He is an egotistical 3rd division journey man, whose only success is one promotion, which he is still living off the back off. Of course his representations at the bereavements is acknowledged, but no more than any manager I would expect it of.
He has such a massive ego, that he genuinely believes there is little chance of losing his job, and as usual some of the comments in his hopefully last interview as manager, were in total contrast to what others saw inn the game.

Geographically you’re right, MK Dons and Oxford (even Charlton) doesn’t make him a journeyman in the transportation sense of the word. However, in terms of his career he most definitely is a third tier journeyman. His numbers don’t lie.

If you honestly think that KR’s own self-importance isn’t a problem or hasn’t been with a number of players during his time with us, then I’m sorry but you’re mistaken.

I fully expect a change to happen this week.

Agree. I, too, think that Robinson has managed his last Oxford game.

Just imagine if KR does get sacked, there will be a lot of posters on here with a massive void in their life.

Just post after post re-iterating the same point, you only need to say it once we read it and understood. This is aimed at both sides of the argument, clearly the two will never agree so say your piece once and let others do likewise without needing to belittle their opinion just because you don't agree.

Wouldn't be so bad if it was just in this thread but it ends up getting repeated in every thread on here.

For me, that 6-0 thrashing of Lincoln away will remain one of the best games I have witnessed.
That team was really something to see. We were f*****g brilliant that day. God, it feels like 10 years ago. We have been treated to football with a swagger for large parts of KR’s tenure.
Don’t tell me that you haven’t been Entertained, because you would be lying. Play-offs, cup matches, we served up some terrific stuff.

KR made that soulless breezeblock a fortress from which we rarely got turned over and, I ask you, were we freescoring? Yes we were. We were a goal machine. Pure, adrenaline soaked ‘we’ll out score you harem scarem.
All the while, we picked up players for a song and added value - so much so, that it practically kept the finances from the black hole of insolvency. All this… and yet…

It is with a heavy heart that I have to concede that KR has made some serious errors of judgement on the pitch (and on the pitch alone) that has derailed all of our once potent momentum.
Quite how we have stuttered to this uninspiring mediocrity is just beyond belief.
All the hard yards that got us there have been eroded - slowly drained away and all we are left with is the dull acceptance that the dream just died.
I have held off from turning on the manager out of respect for what he has nurtured here.
But it is right there in front of you week after week that we are so very far off what was a very functional team, and we have looked this way for quite some considerable time.
He seems unable to fix it and no amount of ‘square pegs in round holes’ are going to change this downward trajectory. Of course you can point to the injuries. Bad luck. Bad refereeing… whatever but the truth is he has fucked up recruitment, tactics and man management and for that… His time is up!

Just imagine if KR does get sacked, there will be a lot of posters on here with a massive void in their life.

Just post after post re-iterating the same point, you only need to say it once we read it and understood. This is aimed at both sides of the argument, clearly the two will never agree so say your piece once and let others do likewise without needing to belittle their opinion just because you don't agree.

Wouldn't be so bad if it was just in this thread but it ends up getting repeated in every thread on here.
I think the usual suspects will soon be moaning about the new guy!

I don’t think Robinson can be called a ‘journeyman manager’, not at all. He’s had what I’d call a championship club in Charlton and a five year spell at a respected club like Oxford. MK was a long stint too and the starting point of his managerial career. A journeyman manager is someone like John Sheridan or Keith Curle and generally someone who will take any job in any area of the country. If Robinson was sacked this week there’s no way you’d find him installed at Hartlepool the following week whereas a journeyman manager you probably would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom