Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's the style of the board, nor the image they want to present as they look long term towards the stadium and beyond.

Equally, I don't think it's fair to describe Robinson as an egotistical 3rd division journey man. Up until the last 6 months he has been the figurehead for the club, and has (up until recently) presented well throughout covid, particularly reaching out to vulnerable fans during the first lockdown, the loss of Jim Smith, Mickey and Joey, and within all of the community projects. All of these have helped with the clubs image as we move towards the new stadium. He will have credit in the bank from the board, and whilst they may well be looking at other options, they will want to do this the right way by everyone - including Robinson.

In 12 years, he has managed 11 of them in League 1, with one promotion (not league winner, but promotion) to his name. If that isn’t a third division journeyman, what is?

I have it on very very good authority from current members of the playing squad that he has the largest ego in the building. If that isn’t egotistical, what is?

Have we really now got people suggesting Clotet was unlucky here and if given time would be better than Robinson?!

I know I said fans had short memory’s when it came to wilder but some people must have very short memory’s if you don’t remember the performances under Clotet! Wigan at home and Port Vale in the FA cup just being 2 examples!!
Definitely not but it puts into perspective how precarious a situation Robinson has put himself in as a comparison this season. Clotet’s tenure was utterly dire but he still enjoyed big 3-0 wins against Portsmouth, Wimbledon and Gillingham all with outstanding performances along with a 4-1 and 4-0 away wins over Peterborough and even after some shockingly inconsistent games and a 7-0 demolition by Wigan, we still won two matches at home after that against MK and Blackpool before the killer Bury game. Not much we could’ve done after the Appleton departure and us being left in the dark for weeks on end.

If he’s doing worse than Clotet after the experience he’s got at this level and resources made available in the summer then its going to be a pretty woeful reflection on where we are nearly 5 years later from his initial appointment.

A fresh start was needed post-Clotet and this could be the same case now with KR. He’s definitely a far more accomplished manager that came so close and is a good motivator but I think he’s gone as far as he can and the trust in recruitment is completely gone.

No Taylor isn't the player he was he has now got lazy and doesn't want to run for the ball just waiting for the ball to come to him
Henry was signed by the recruitment team in the summer and Brannagan and Dickie were the same in January, even though Clotet was manager by that time. He then refused to pick them out of protest as he wanted to sign the likes of f**king Kemi Agustien instead and got sacked for his troubles.

The players that Clotet signed off his own back (so to speak - Eales ultimately sanctioned the deals) were Williamson, Tiendalli, Ricardinho, Pekalski, Mehmeti, Xemi and van Kessel. All the rest were done by the recruitment team with the approval of Eales or Dave Jones. Jones left the week that Tiger hired Robinson in March 2018.

Pep Clotet would’ve relegated us had he been left in his post until the end of the season. I have absolutely no doubt about that what so ever.
Ricardinho, what a player.

Last edited:
In 12 years, he has managed 11 of them in League 1, with one promotion (not league winner, but promotion) to his name. If that isn’t a third division journeyman, what is?

I have it on very very good authority from current members of the playing squad that he has the largest ego in the building. If that isn’t egotistical, what is?

Robinson has spent the vast majority of his managerial career at MK Dons or Oxford, not exactly a journeyman.

And many managers are egotistical to an extent, Appleton and Wilder included. When they're successful it's never a problem, it only becomes an issue when they lose.

My point wasn't about a label any of us want to put on Robinson, but how the board see him and how they want to present the next stage in the clubs future. That's why I suspect any changes will be handled carefully rather than quickly.

Robinson has spent the vast majority of his managerial career at MK Dons or Oxford, not exactly a journeyman.

And many managers are egotistical to an extent, Appleton and Wilder included. When they're successful it's never a problem, it only becomes an issue when they lose.

My point wasn't about a label any of us want to put on Robinson, but how the board see him and how they want to present the next stage in the clubs future. That's why I suspect any changes will be handled carefully rather than quickly.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Clotet got 29 games with us. Believe we was 10th on 38 points. 8 off the play offs, 8 off the relegation zone

Think you aren't far wrong, if at all. The issue was that the quality of play had deteriorated to a "can't imagine this manager fixing it" state. The same as the alleged Karl Robinson's team today, but for a shorter period.

Out now.

I would hope for carefully and quickly. They've been around long enough to know the lie of the land, and may now need to bring in a damage limitation strategy.

I think there is some rewriting of history here to an extent. I am not a Robbo fan, I think he has obvious flaws, and his reluctance to learn is infuriating. I said two years ago I didn't believe he would lead us to success but dearly hoped I was in egg on face (not literally, sorry Scotchers) territory, to have my quotes repeated to me as we held aloft the playoff trophy.

But. He has had us playing some magnificent football. He has brought and developed some excellent players, and we have had some excellent games. You look at how we destroyed Charlton etc last season and you think with just 2 or 3 key additions we'd have been there.

We have come incredibly close to real success (sadly we are getting further and further away from that).

It's absolutely clear that in the last year and a half that he has lost the plot totally, I'm sorry to say that. A parting of ways feels inevitable, especially if "the rumours" that I heard for the first time today are in fact true.

But to our him in the same class as Clotet etc. Absolute B*****s.

I don't think that's the style of the board, nor the image they want to present as they look long term towards the stadium and beyond.

Equally, I don't think it's fair to describe Robinson as an egotistical 3rd division journey man. Up until the last 6 months he has been the figurehead for the club, and has (up until recently) presented well throughout covid, particularly reaching out to vulnerable fans during the first lockdown, the loss of Jim Smith, Mickey and Joey, and within all of the community projects. All of these have helped with the clubs image as we move towards the new stadium. He will have credit in the bank from the board, and whilst they may well be looking at other options, they will want to do this the right way by everyone - including Robinson.
Yep bringing the club into disrepute

Yep bringing the club into disrepute
If he has indeed brought the club into disrepute with serious internal misconduct then the club may move swiftly to remove him and may not have to honour his remaining contract. That will also be interesting to see as it’s an easy and cheap out if the worst comes to the worst and these rumours are true.

Either way, it will be a disappointing end to what has been a very entertaining journey for the club even without success.

If he has indeed brought the club into disrepute with serious internal misconduct then the club may move swiftly to remove him and may not have to honour his remaining contract. That will also be interesting to see as it’s an easy and cheap out if the worst comes to the worst and these rumours are true.

Either way, it will be a disappointing end to what has been a very entertaining journey for the club even without success.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Geographically you’re right, MK Dons and Oxford (even Charlton) doesn’t make him a journeyman in the transportation sense of the word. However, in terms of his career he most definitely is a third tier journeyman. His numbers don’t lie.

If you honestly think that KR’s own self-importance isn’t a problem or hasn’t been with a number of players during his time with us, then I’m sorry but you’re mistaken.

I fully expect a change to happen this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom