Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derby County are being proactive. They’ve relieved Rosenior of his duties, but will remain at the club, and now look for a Rooney replacement.

I love how we stand still, when other clubs have there fingers on the pulse.

This Manager we have needs to bloody go urgently.

Derby County are being proactive. They’ve relieved Rosenior of his duties, but will remain at the club, and now look for a Rooney replacement.

I think we all know deep down that isn’t going to happen anytime soon.

For the sake of the club, and your own mental well-being, it’s probably best to try and avoid listening to him and just concentrate on supporting the team as best you can on match days. That will be my philosophy for the time being.

Then, if we start winning some football matches, I might start to find him a little less annoying 😁

Rosenior doing a good job, plenty of their fans not happy about this.

Another club, sees things not going in the right direction, bang, changes made.
Why oh why do we have a board acting like the three wise monkeys, see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing.
Why are we stuck with robinson, a bloody liability, who seems to smooth talk enough people round that the board to hang onto his job, despite more bull after bull.

There has to be something else that can be done. Did someone earlier mention a protest?

He is an interim coach with no experience who provided them some stability while the ownership settled in. Never promised the job. Replacing him is hardly ruthless ambition it’s just implementing a plan (credit where it’s due for that!) using their considerable status and resource after Rosenior failed to surprise anybody. He’d have needed to cement Derby in the top 2 until January to keep the job which was always beyond him. Not the slightest bit shocked he’s been pushed aside now the owners have their feet under the desk.

Not to poo poo the appointment by the way. It’s a good one.

Last edited:
He is an interim coach with no experience who provided them some stability while the ownership settled in. Never promised the job. Replacing him is hardly ruthless ambition it’s just implementing a plan (credit where it’s due for that!) using their considerable status and resource after Rosenior failed to surprise anybody. He’d have needed to cement Derby in the top 2 until January to keep the job which was always beyond him. Not the slightest bit shocked he’s been pushed aside now the owners have their feet under the desk.
He was doing a good job and some fans are not happy, providing stability, so clearly there were people surprised.
You guys are clearly happy with what he is delivering, hence the smoke screen of the post ie. All is fine at Derby, nothing to see here.
The truth of it all is that the Derby board took decisive action, as in there eyes things weren't going in the right direction. That is exactly what our board should be doing. Fours plus, nothing achieved to move the club forward, time for change, new ideas, fresh faces, new tactics.

We are stale and stagnant as a club, and robinson cannot see it and wont admit to it.

Another club, sees things not going in the right direction, bang, changes made.
Why oh why do we have a board acting like the three wise monkeys, see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing.
Why are we stuck with robinson, a bloody liability, who seems to smooth talk enough people round that the board to hang onto his job, despite more bull after bull.

There has to be something else that can be done. Did someone earlier mention a protest?
Mellow
The answer is because they are not here and the person who gives them all their information on a regular basis is KR
They have fallen into the trap as others have including myself that we should give KR one more seasonbecause of the attacking play we witnessed and we weren’t far off a really good team
But now the time has come to replace him but will the Board see that, they have their eyes on bigger projects

He was doing a good job and some fans are not happy, providing stability, so clearly there were people surprised.
You guys are clearly happy with what he is delivering, hence the smoke screen of the post ie. All is fine at Derby, nothing to see here.
The truth of it all is that the Derby board took decisive action, as in there eyes things weren't going in the right direction. That is exactly what our board should be doing. Fours plus, nothing achieved to move the club forward, time for change, new ideas, fresh faces, new tactics.

We are stale and stagnant as a club, and robinson cannot see it and wont admit to it.
I don’t really get this because you’re disagreeing with me and then repeating what I’ve said! You may have misinterpreted me slightly. I think Rosenior has done everything expected of him. He’s been a constant for them through the summer and he’s done the donkey work of integrating all the players in to the club etc. He’s done the hardest part of that Derby job. He hasn’t surprised anybody in that he’s done about as good as could be expected when it comes to results and I’m suggesting it’s not a very difficult decision for Derby to make. Had he exceeded expectations, it would be more difficult. It’s not ruthless, just natural progression now that the job looks much more attractive than it did when Rosenior took over.

If you think I’m happy with KR at the moment you’d be very wrong. I’ve suggested he either be forced to work under proper conditions or we start again. I don’t like the direction of travel and I don’t like the body language of certain players and the complete exclusion of others at a time the club needs everybody. I don’t like the pool of players we are seemingly forced to fish in due to his struggle to attract ‘normal’ players and his ignorance towards weaknesses in the first XI is baffling to me. Think that covers it?!

Last edited:
I think the ship, regarding us competing with the top teams, has well and truly sailed. Without wanting to sound like a pessimist, we just need to hope we have enough to compete with the worst teams in this division. Yes Robinson has come good in the past after poor starts. However, this feels very different. Not just because the balance and nature of this squad is so poor but also because to use a ship analogy again, the ship seems utterly rudderless.
I think the big difference this season as opposed to previous is that the squad contains no get out jail free cards. Karl ha always been a bit lucky (or to be generous eventually found by skill a plan B) when his original plans and formations failed. He was always way too slow to react to the failings but he always had a player or 2 that when played in the right place steadied the ship. In the early seasons this was Mous, like when he filled in as a defensive midfielder. More recently he had the like of Williams and Forde who could patch up his defensive holes he always left. The big issue is looking at the current squad (and including the injured players) I am not totally convinced we have those magic utility players who will plug the gap. I think this is why this time it feels different.

If Karl turns this around it will be his biggest get of jail free yet. Even then knowing Karl he will likely just get himself back in jail come the next transfer window. I think 2 quotes from a Charlton forum when he was their manager sums Karl up "he never learns" "his enthusiasm is greater than his ability". His enthusiasm for the club Karl wins him support but the limits of his ability ensures he is very frustrating.

You don't  seem like you love it.

Trust me i bloody hate it!

I want us to be back in the second tier, like we was once upon a time. I believe that’s the level we belong at. I remember loads of great games at the Manor, and away from home. I’d really like us to get back there ASAP, but we won’t get back there with our current manager I’m afraid.

Trust me i bloody hate it!

I want us to be back in the second tier, like we was once upon a time. I believe that’s the level we belong at. I remember loads of great games at the Manor, and away from home. I’d really like us to get back there ASAP, but we won’t get back there with our current manager I’m afraid.
For me it’s more fundamental than that. I get where you’re coming from but don’t believe we have a god given right to be in the championship. I just want to feel that we are doing our best with the resources available, the rest is sometimes down to fortune. Early on in KR’s reign it felt that way, with good football and exciting cup runs. But that was two years ago now. He’s beginning to live on past glories (and even they weren’t that great). We definitely started to stall quite dramatically in the second half of last season and this one… well… an absolute clusterfuck so far…We could very easily be sat in the relegation zone Saturday evening. In a season that promised so much!

The graph is definitely in a nose dive. One I just can’t see him pulling out of. I hope the owners realise the supporters won’t just sit there and take it indefinitely while they’re concentrating on other matters.

I don’t really get this because you’re disagreeing with me and then repeating what I’ve said! You may have misinterpreted me slightly. I think Rosenior has done everything expected of him. He’s been a constant for them through the summer and he’s done the donkey work of integrating all the players in to the club etc. He’s done the hardest part of that Derby job. He hasn’t surprised anybody in that he’s done about as good as could be expected when it comes to results and I’m suggesting it’s not a very difficult decision for Derby to make. Had he exceeded expectations, it would be more difficult. It’s not ruthless, just natural progression now that the job looks much more attractive than it did when Rosenior took over.

If you think I’m happy with KR at the moment you’d be very wrong. I’ve suggested he either be forced to work under proper conditions or we start again. I don’t like the direction of travel and I don’t like the body language of certain players and the complete exclusion of others at a time the club needs everybody. I don’t like the pool of players we are seemingly forced to fish in due to his struggle to attract ‘normal’ players and his ignorance towards weaknesses in the first XI is baffling to me. Think that covers it?!
Therefore, don't you think its time for a change completely? Sorry, work under proper conditions is what I don't fully understand.

I wouldn't say I've seen a lack of motivation or work rate from the players this season. Billy Bodin has had a bit of stick for this but I just think it's poor performances rather than lack of effort.

As far as I can see, the players are working their arses off out there, but being subjected to cr*p tactics, whilst being played out of position, without the right players on the pitch to create decent opportunities etc etc.

For me, it's just the result of inept recruitment, planning and strategy. I find it hard to criticise individuals at the moment when I'm seeing Brown, Henry, Bodin, Browne all being played out of position every game, and then relying on our youngsters to help them change the game. I can't bring myself to lay blame on any of the players right now, they've been put in this position by our failures this summer.

I wouldn't say I've seen a lack of motivation or work rate from the players this season. Billy Bodin has had a bit of stick for this but I just think it's poor performances rather than lack of effort.

As far as I can see, the players are working their arses off out there, but being subjected to cr*p tactics, whilst being played out of position, without the right players on the pitch to create decent opportunities etc etc.

For me, it's just the result of inept recruitment, planning and strategy. I find it hard to criticise individuals at the moment when I'm seeing Brown, Henry, Bodin, Browne all being played out of position every game, and then relying on our youngsters to help them change the game. I can't bring myself to lay blame on any of the players right now, they've been put in this position by our failures this summer.
Largely agree. It's why I posted the other day about the stick Joseph was getting and how it was uncalled for. I also don't think we will gain anything from slating the players at games, even if some may seem a little carefree at the moment (I suspect it's easier to be that way when you've no idea what's being asked of you). Even when the injured players return and assuming we have a full squad to pick from, there are still gaps in it and we need to get the most out of every single one so that we can have a January window which means we're building a strong squad for a tilt at promotion next season, rather than fire fighting to avoid a relegation scrap this year.

Ciaron Brown is the one for me , a good, solid no nonsense centre back. Could play as a dependable left back with a winger in front but as a wing back ....all we need is Gary Briggs in the right wing back position .

Gary Briggs was a proper center half like Shooton they weren't wing backs.Bobby Mcdonald and Langan would have been.Great players and rightly 2 leagues above our players .RAY Houghton what a class midfielder and what a job he did for Li erpool those were the days

Gary Briggs was a proper center half like Shooton they weren't wing backs.Bobby Mcdonald and Langan would have been.Great players and rightly 2 leagues above our players .RAY Houghton what a class midfielder and what a job he did for Li erpool those were the days
I know ...I was making the point that Ciaron Brown isn't either....Robbo would have Shotts left and Briggsy right as a,wing back combo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom