Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or he'll just jump ship when the next offer
I think Appleton is more prone to jumping ship, he hasn't stayed in any post very long at all.
I think there's a lot of rose tinted nostalgia for Appleton, but he had reached the end of his time with us. His managerial record overall is worse than KRs. Not the answer to our problems.

It's a strange time currently. I feel alot more strongly than I did with both Wilder and Pep Clotet that Karl has to go and almost anyone could do a better job.

I was disappointed to see Wilder go, I didn’t like or approve how he left the club but thought all the stuff about how he disrespected our history deliberately misconstrued by his distractors.

Pep on the other hand was completely useless, made some dreadful signings as well as ridiculous team selections.

Robinson has made fundamental elementary mistakes over the last 12 months, he’s extremely fortunate to still be the manager of our great football club and should be relieved of his duties forthwith, albeit at least 3 months overdue.

I can well imagine that, right now, there are club officials deliberating on what comes next. Meetings tomorrow and Monday. How to proceed?
My thoughts would be: Sack Robinson. Clear the air. The toxic environment that prevails throughout the club and fan base demands action. Appoint an interim management team from the existing staff. Craig Short, Leon Blackmore-Such to start. Bring in Sam Baldock who, it is said, has aspirations to coach/manage. Speak to Steve Kinniburgh and get his input. The season has a way to go yet and we need, as a minimum, 50 points. It might take more to be safe, maybe less, but unlikely. It will be a disappointing season without doubt but, it won't end in disaster and relegation. Meanwhile, step up the search for a new management team. Rumour has it that this is already the case with foreign contacts being utilised.
However, regardless of that, Robinson must go. There is no way that he can be allowed to ferment any more discord. Regardless of how forgiving the board may be towards his indiscretions, ego, or how receptive they have been to his personality and outspoken methods, his time is up. Results alone would have seen other clubs dispensing with his services.
That it has come to supporters openly chanting in a manner which can only bring the club into disrepute is unforgiveable, he has to go. If he is still here on Wednesday and the result of the Barnsley game goes against us, the press will have a field day. Not good news when we are negotiating to lease land for a new stadium.
I’d rather he took his rubbish with him than leave sh:t on our doorstep

Or Faz if he wants it?
I would hope that Faz would be involved. His experience would definitely be needed. With possibly Baldock and Henry also helping out? The mess that KR leaves behind would need all hands to the pump to sort out. A team of SK, Faz and respected senior pros like Baldock and Henry could unite the club and the fan base again. It would be a breath of fresh air to blow out all the toxicity that has built up.

Would they have the necessary contacts to bring in a couple of loans quickly though? If they were given the nod tomorrow they literally have two days to do any recruiting. For that reason I do wonder if some outside help from an experienced head is needed. Would Wilder be interested in a short term contract? Somebody like Pulis or Lambert..?

This whole situation is so sad what's gone wrong are the Players fed up with the situation ,has Robbo lost control of the dressing room !

We finished 8th in our first season in league one in years under Appleton the year after he got us promotion and maybe the paint pot final, not sure how Appleton had reached the end of his time here.
Iirc he left to join his mate Shakespeare for a salary of £500,000

It's a strange time currently. I feel alot more strongly than I did with both Wilder and Pep Clotet that Karl has to go and almost anyone could do a better job.
I think this is where a lot of people are now. It feels like Wycombe was bad, very bad, and its been compounded by today which for me is rock bottom. The performance was abject and what struck me was the body language when the goals went in. No accountability, no leaders, no banging heads together... Nothing. Where's the reaction? Where's the fight? Where's the belief and togetherness Sam Long is talking about? They look completely divided and washed of confidence. You have to wonder how much worse anybody replacing Karl now could possibly make it. Surely just the feeling of relief and getting out of his grip would immediately improve performances?

Today's performance lacked any detail or strategy and to me it looked like Karl had completely checked out and sent them out with the most basic game plan imaginable. For his flaws we have played brilliant football in the past yet we don't even try that anymore. There was a time he would rather concede a goal than play a long diagonal from the GK to the full back standing on the wing. He's not giving this his all anymore, the attention to detail and intricate play has vanished and we're left with hit and hope.

The person at the club with the best temperament to take over on a short term basis, now that Mousinho has moved on (nice one, Grant and Tim), is Kinniburgh.

If you’re looking internally, he’s the only option.
I thought at the time of his appointment that it was intended he take over from KR eventually. Why else would he given up a job with the Scottish national team?

The person at the club with the best temperament to take over on a short term basis, now that Mousinho has moved on (nice one, Grant and Tim), is Kinniburgh.

If you’re looking internally, he’s the only option.
Wouldn’t be against that, would certainly be the one I would look to, and do a thorough recruitment process & build the hierarchy around the manager, sporting director/DOF

Wasn't there today but sounds like some of the chants were pretty disgraceful. Hopefully he's gone by Wednesday but if not the I hope we call for his head vociferously but keep it clean. I think he might well be a complete A*****e as a person himself but going down to that level is just going to lead to a more toxic atmosphere that helps no one.

Are there any firefighter type managers who can take over from now for 4 months who'd be happy moving aside come the summer? What's Warnock up to these days? Safe paid of hands who won't take us down and I can't imagine he wants a 2 year deal at this level but might fancy a few months to top us his pension.

No word from the board. Can honestly see him being here until the end of the season. Imagine how toxic it will become.
If that happens it will be horrific. He needs to go for his own well-being. He’s done a lot of good for the club. I wish he hadn’t dragged it through the mud like he has and ruined his reputation with his behaviours as I’m grateful for what he did in the first 3 years at the club, however now is time for him to step aside or someone put him out of his misery, spend some time with his daughter and clear his head. I personally think everything has become too much for him & football isn’t even the most important thing on his mind atm, when at the level we are playing at and beyond. It literally has to be your life, he’s checked out mentally imo & the players aren’t playing for him anymore.

No word from the board. Can honestly see him being here until the end of the season. Imagine how toxic it will become.
I'm not so sure. I think the board will have kept a very close eye on all the concerning factors at play. They are strategists and will respond rather than react. KR's sacking is a done deal, just a question of protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom