Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you offered a footballer the best financial package and there were no crowd or a worse financial package and a 100,000 attendance every game he would end up playing in front of nobody, it’s a job to them they don’t care about the other stuff.

If you offered a footballer the best financial package and there were no crowd or a worse financial package and a 100,000 attendance every game he would end up playing in front of nobody, it’s a job to them they don’t care about the other stuff.
I don't think that's always necessarily true. I don't believe all footballers are that mercenary. Football just isn't as much fun in an empty ground, as we found out watching it during the pandemic - crowds are important to the whole show.

I think it will be a factor if the choice is Sheffield Wednesday, Oxford, Charlton, Derby or Ipswich?

If you were offered a job by 5 companies would you join the one with the nicest office or the one offering you the most money?

I don't think that's always necessarily true. I don't believe all footballers are that mercenary. Football just isn't as much fun in an empty ground, as we found out watching it during the pandemic - crowds are important to the whole show.

They are mercenaries in 99% of cases though, they are hired hands from elsewhere not local lads off the terraces.

They are mercenaries in 99% of cases though, they are hired hands from elsewhere not local lads off the terraces.

Your right, ultimately it’s all about money. Footballers careers can end with one freak injury during a training session.

I know if I was offered a job with 5 different companies, I’d go to where the best financial package is.

You do get a very rare case of loyalty in the game, but very rare indeed.

But we won't be offering the best financial package in league one .
The chance to play in front of 20k + as well as get the same money I know where I would prefer .
League Two we were still a bigger pull wages wise but compared to the wonderful football grounds it must become a factor .
Would you prefer , same money, to work out of a Portacabin or a 4star hotel

Apart from Appleton the football has been the best for at least 20 years. Perhaps the club misjudged the quality of player we could attract due to the 3 sided stadium we have. Our level is arguably upper region of Div1 until we have a more desirable Stadium. All things being equal perhaps players put 5-6 clubs above us, unless you offer silly wages.
Our level certainly is Div.1 whilst robinson is in charge, as he has shown over the last 4.years, and nothing will change until we introduce new ideas and get rid of the same old stale play he serves up weekly.
Sorry, try to justify him staying as much as you like, but fans are leaving that may never return.

Our level certainly is Div.1 whilst robinson is in charge, as he has shown over the last 4.years, and nothing will change until we introduce new ideas and get rid of the same old stale play he serves up weekly.
Sorry, try to justify him staying as much as you like, but fans are leaving that may never return.
Our stale style of play at the moment is not typical, it is potentially due to injuries? Although only the future will show us that. Are gates already down?

But we won't be offering the best financial package in league one .
The chance to play in front of 20k + as well as get the same money I know where I would prefer .
League Two we were still a bigger pull wages wise but compared to the wonderful football grounds it must become a factor .
Would you prefer , same money, to work out of a Portacabin or a 4star hotel

I bet we have better training facilities than most of if not all of Lge 1. That does matter to footballers. The surroundings you work in day in day out is very important.

Our stale style of play at the moment is not typical, it is potentially due to injuries? Although only the future will show us that. Are gates already down?
In general would you say Robinsons style of play has been good?

A bit but if things carry on as they are then we can get a clearer picture Christmas time

I think it will be a factor if the choice is Sheffield Wednesday, Oxford, Charlton, Derby or Ipswich?

Kyle Joseph signed for us over Sheff Wed. Marcus Browne signed for us over Charlton. Jesrun Rak-Sakyi chose Charlton over us.

There are loads of reasons why a player may choose the club he signs for. Financial package, geography, relationship with management, relationship with players, length of contract, playing assurances, ambition of club… The list goes on and doesn’t include “amount of stands”.

I bet we have better training facilities than most of if not all of Lge 1. That does matter to footballers. The surroundings you work in day in day out is very important.
It would be interesting to know about the training facilities at the other big clubs in this league? Ours I here are very good. Which is a big plus for us.

A bit but if things carry on as they are then we can get a clearer picture Christmas time
I agree that if we lose more than we win going forward at home then gates will drift down. Was it last season after a bad start we failed to lose many home matches from mid October to January? Or am I being over optimistic!

If you were offered a job by 5 companies would you join the one with the nicest office or the one offering you the most money?
I'd accept the one I liked best - money would be a factor but location, nature of work, and impressions of the company and people would be important too. Footballers are more prepared than most of us to move to random places for work though, I guess, as they know it will probably not be for very long. I'm not sure how many of you would do what Anthony Forde did and move to Wrexham suddenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom