Ex-Staff Karl Robinson

Not so, I'd heard of Oxford, and knew that I supported them.

I just couldn't find anyway of working out how to get there. Nothing on Satnav. Nothing in the AA Road Atlas. Nothing on GoogleMaps.
We joke but Robinson is someone who has a proven track record for managing mostly bad football teams.

Ladies and gentlemen, I apologise for my late-night hiccup yesterday. It is obvious that there is a need for this thread!

The last few months have been a strain reading all the KR posts and trying to remove the non-football comments, this to protect the forum from any legal action against us.
I really felt depressed by it all. Some people have suggested using the Ignore function but that does not exist for mods. To use that function is just not something that a mod should even think of using, in the job description is "Read ALL posts".

But I would request you all only post about KR's past, present and future FOOTBALL activities. maybe then I can enjoy the rest of the forum.

Thank you.

Ladies and gentlemen, I apologise for my late-night hiccup yesterday. It is obvious that there is a need for this thread!

The last few months have been a strain reading all the KR posts and trying to remove the non-football comments, this to protect the forum from any legal action against us.
I really felt depressed by it all. Some people have suggested using the Ignore function but that does not exist for mods. To use that function is just not something that a mod should even think of using, in the job description is "Read ALL posts".

But I would request you all only post about KR's past, present and future FOOTBALL activities. maybe then I can enjoy the rest of the forum.

Thank you.

So not about what he wore to Robbie Fowlers birthday party?

Didn’t see a single post in recent days that was remotely legally questionable or troublesome, and that certainly wasn’t given as the reason for closing it at the time. I merely saw people crying about his name being mentioned and the fact that he’s being spoken about at all, followed by the sort of censorship I never expected from this place.

I used to be a registered NUJ journalist and full-time media publisher. I still work in publishing now, which includes dealing with issues such as libel. I understand exactly what constitutes a risk to both this forum and any users who overstep the mark.

Slippery slope.

Good to see the thread re-instated.

Robinson has caused and left us in a terrible position on and off field, which is very much playing out now, hence ill-feeling still prevalent towards him.

I'm sure if we stay up, most of his tenure will rightly be forgotten, and we move on. But right now, how he was, the damage he has done and the fact that it's all utterly relevant, still cuts deep with a lot of fans. And to think he did all this during one of the most pivotal points in our future is putting it politely, infuriating, as well as feeling totally mugged off by such a chancer.

I feel sorry for his next club.
The most brutal thing about this season is that our budget was so good, and he utterly sp-nked it all on his usual injury-prone players, and players he thinks are his "mates" from former clubs. A lot of competent staff left under him, and he has left us utterly in the sh!t. It's mostly all been covered on here, I had a spell away from this forum as I couldn't deal with the flack I used to get for calling him out on his b*llshit.

I guess the relevancy of this thread will only re-ignite if another club stupidly gives him a job. If he comes back here, I hope he gets a terrible reception from the fans. He won't though, because we played pretty football for a while whilst managing to achieve nothing at the end of it all.

Karl is now residing in that hinterland that so-so managers frequent (at the expense of their previous employer) where their ‘invaluable insight’ is called upon for punditry.
Sadly, he will need a long stint in the make-up chair to cover up the hash he made of managing us.
From the comforting armchair of a TV studio he can flim-flam and baloney his way through a nil nil draw and everyone will nod in agreement at his astute observations but only the sound engineer and us will know he blows out of his a**e.
Some well heeled sap will note that he could do a grand job as coach for Piddlington Rovers and ‘put them on the map!’ And off he’ll go again.

I keep wondering where his next step in management will be. Tranmere still going begging

I keep wondering where his next step in management will be. Tranmere still going begging
Second favourite for Blackpool job behind Critchley returning. I can see him slithering his way in to that sort of job. Not sure the ego will allow him to take a L2 job this soon.

I used to work with a Blackpool fan, he wants Critchley back and would be absolutely fuming if Robinson got the job, you can understand why.

I used to work with a Blackpool fan, he wants Critchley back and would be absolutely fuming if Robinson got the job, you can understand why.
As we saw with our search, odds mean nothing outside the Prem for managers. Would be utterly gobsmacked if he managed to get anywhere near the Blackpool job.

His last 12 months for us will have damaged his reputation, no doubt about it.

Didn’t see a single post in recent days that was remotely legally questionable or troublesome, and that certainly wasn’t given as the reason for closing it at the time. I merely saw people crying about his name being mentioned and the fact that he’s being spoken about at all, followed by the sort of censorship I never expected from this place.

I used to be a registered NUJ journalist and full-time media publisher. I still work in publishing now, which includes dealing with issues such as libel. I understand exactly what constitutes a risk to both this forum and any users who overstep the mark.

Slippery slope.

I might have missed it but I didn't see anyone "crying about his name being mentioned". In fact I've seen what you and many others have suggested, and that is for people to ignore a thread if they don't want to get involved.

Personally I have absolutely no issue with a thread being in place, and it makes sense for those that still want to mention Robinson to do it in one thread rather than it taking over every thread. Of course there will be crossover and its difficult to talk about our league position or squad depth without it coming back to the manager that is responsible for both, but equally there are some decent threads that are sometimes taken over by talk of Robinson when it's less relevant.

Hopefully we will scrape together the points we desperately need to stay up and it will be easier to look at a fresh start to rebuild for league one in the summer, and there will be far more to look forward to rather than revisiting what has happened this year, and posts will organically reduce.

But in the meantime I'd encourage everyone to post as they wish and for people on all "sides" of a debate to ignore posts or threads that they disagree with.

I've definitely heard that you can't reappoint the last bloke to win you a promotion in the midst of a relegation battle.

Back
Top Bottom