Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be disappointed if he doesn’t go out on loan, he needs to get some games not stay here and probably not even get on the bench. He isn’t progressing at all, we don’t have a reserve team and he can’t play for the under age sides so him staying here to get the odd minutes at best isn’t going to help.
That’s a fair point. Would you still send him on loan if we don’t get another striker in?

Interesting to see how he goes. Either sour grapes on the Ready To Go thread about him or many not particularly complimentary.

Not that a fans forum is the place to judge players given the views on here (respectfully).

But we have signed a striker.
Another striker I mean. Harris and Goodwin may not be enough and if one gets injured (one already is) then O’Donkor will be in prime contention. Peterborough can field 3 forwards and have two on the bench still. We had GOD ok Tuesday and his shot didn’t even count as he struck air.

Interesting nothings been announced on Ox Mail website Live tracker about it being end of business. You think they would have said if it was straight away.

Brilliant.
Matete was outstanding when Sunderland won 2-1 at the Kasstad a couple of seasons back.
I might retract my comment about Edwards being the best signing of the window.

Another striker I mean. Harris and Goodwin may not be enough and if one gets injured (one already is) then O’Donkor will be in prime contention. Peterborough can field 3 forwards and have two on the bench still. We had GOD ok Tuesday and his shot didn’t even count as he struck air.

We have had one centre forward all season and O Donkor has barely played, I can’t see how adding a centre forward will do anything but reduce those minutes to next to nothing. Bodin is back soon and is more likely to play up front than O Donkor when he is fit.

I think that's the first ever OUFC signing that has been so under wraps and so good that I let out an involuntary WOW when I opened Twitter and saw it. Unreal. Where the hell did that come from?!

I'm normally resigned to never having heard about players we sign and having to do a Wiki and YouTube deepdive on them when they're announced, but to sign two quality league one players, who we'll all know very well by name and reputation, on deadline day is the complete inverse.

Part of me wonders how we've been able to get him, and having played 0 games all season sets off some pretty big alarm bells, but it's still difficult to suppress how exciting Matete is as a signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom