Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason the back 3 didn’t work is because our wing backs start too deep. They should be on the halfway line, not halfway inside our own half, that way the opposition get pushed back instead of the other way round, you only have to see how Barnsley played it to see it works if you push high up the pitch
Yeah we certainly don’t play that formation well. Not sure we ever have. It tends to leave us with 7 outfield players deep playing football in our own half and Harris very isolated without someone in the number 10 role behind him. 4-2-3-1 seems to suit us better, or perhaps we’re just more practiced at it.

giphy.gif

Earlier I thought we have missed out on our main targets and we’re now after sloppy seconds.
This late in the window I feel we’re going for tacky thirds

Smith and Konate type of signing coming our way

Last edited:
I was a bit surprised that Dale took 30 over 7, I wonder whether we may be signing a forward who is more predominantly a winger, and they may have saved the 7 for them? More wishful thinking about actually signing someone else than anything but 🤷‍♂️
Newport number 7 :ROFLMAO:

We still have two loan spots available, don't we?
(maybe even three if Stevens' injury turns out to be a bad one)

Would seem a bit mad not to use them when we're so short on healthy forward options.......surely there's some Prem & Champ teams that want to get their talented youngsters and/or fringe players some more opportunities for game time?

We still have two loan spots available, don't we?
(maybe even three if Stevens' injury turns out to be a bad one)

Would seem a bit mad not to use them when we're so short on healthy forward options.......surely there's some Prem & Champ teams that want to get their talented youngsters and/or fringe players some more opportunities for game time?

Would be amateurish to not fill the two loan spots in my opinion.

We give Kassam about £500k (it might be more now) a year just to play in his stadium. We make little from food and drink on match days and cannot use the ground for other income streams such as exhibitions, conferences, restaurants, bars or one off events like concerts. So it’s a millstone around our neck.
Plus it’s in terrible condition.

We give Kassam about £500k (it might be more now) a year just to play in his stadium. We make little from food and drink on match days and cannot use the ground for other income streams such as exhibitions, conferences, restaurants, bars or one off events like concerts. So it’s a millstone around our neck.

Indeed, that is not in question.

So other than the tooth fairy, my ignorance is quite simply how do our owners build us a £100 mill stadium sourcing external finance and yet give up all of the income streams that you have listed above and charge OUFC minimal rent into the bargain?

I am not sure we should be so blinkered as to just say its not OUFC's problem.

Anyway, back to transfer deadline.....

What we don't need is a late Jan shocker like last season with MT disappearing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom