Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Clyde v Aberdeen on the box the other night
Very one sided, but with what little Clyde had Connor Young looked like he could maybe play a bit.
19 year old and Clyde bottom of the division 2.
Would say Steve Kinniburgh would be aware of him

Josh Stokes signs for Bristol City from Aldershot, loaned back for the season. Record fee for Aldershot.

Name has popped up on here previously, perhaps correctly given Manning has signed him.
Apparently the fee is only around £250,000

Olakigbe? Lang? Feels like we will see two loans for those positions although if Lang is available would look to sign him permanently

As much as I detest the bloke, what he done regarding the Manor, it was there for anybody to purchase , so don’t slag him off for stumping up the money to buy it and making a profit. Robin Heard could have done it, if he had the cash. There was a few consortium’s interested but never came up with the cash,
Oxford City Council should have done it and made all the money Kassam did for the benefit of all their council tax payers as well as being a community Landlord of Grenoble Road for the football club. The fact that they didn't and were in thrall to Kassam is a shameful period in OCC's history.

Squad of 27 already, with a winger and forward to come to take us to 29. Fair play to the board that’s a serious investment. Ridiculous really that there will still be one or two areas we look light.

Yes, that would give us some great options. You need three capable goal scorers in my opinion.

Three goalscorers is a nice-to-have, but definitely a luxury when you only play one up front (and although we do shift our formation around, it has only been between 4-3-3 and 3-4-2-1, so we're always just playing one central striker).

For me it's far more important now to add another wide player - because whilst we would seem to have a lot of bodies, I'm not convinced we'll get a whole lot more out of Edwards, Browne & Murphy this season given their track records, and we have no idea what we'll get from Burey. Which just leaves Tyler plus a couple of older guys in Bodin & Henry who really should be playing centrally at this point in their careers.

And the second priority for me would be a box-to-box central midfielder so we're not stone dead if anything happens to Cam.

So yeah, a new striker would be a bonus. But that's only if we can fit three more players into the wage bill.

Rovers also signing Kamil Conteh who looks exactly what we are crying out for in midfield, defensive, great tackler, young and lots of resale.

I mentioned him the other day. Quick defensive midfielder, and gets stuck in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom