Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one thing seems obvious now, with the way we play and what Des wants out of his striker.

Anyone coming in is going to be a runner, that starts the press, is a handful for defenders and get himself about.

I think, that probably rules out the likes of Marriott, JCH and maybe even Ladapo as options and probably takes us to other targets such as Waine, Ennis or Leonard (that style anyway)

I think one thing seems obvious now, with the way we play and what Des wants out of his striker.

Anyone coming in is going to be a runner, that starts the press, is a handful for defenders and get himself about.

I think, that probably rules out the likes of Marriott, JCH and maybe even Ladapo as options and probably takes us to other targets such as Waine, Ennis or Leonard (that style anyway)

I think you are right, it will be another Harris in, don’t think Harris type forwards are as rare as the mythical twenty goal forwards though so I wonder why it is taking so long, hopefully get one in this week.

What we need is options for when that approach isn't working.

What we need is options for when that approach isn't working.
I do agree, maybe there is someone out there with these attributes that adds a little more. Even if that’s just a bit more height and strength and can play as a bit of a battering ram at times.

But I think it’s clear they need all the Harris attributes of running and work ethic as basics just to fit in the system.

Ben Waine is becoming increasingly more appealing to me, works hard, good movement in the box also.

Then maybe a loan of someone that adds something else also

In other words, forget pricey strikers, let’s go with a cheaper option.

We need more balance. We have men who chase, battle, and tick nicely. 2 things missing….the ability/tactical nous to destroy a team who employs a high press and someone who clinically and unapologetically does all his good work in the opponents box.

The high press can be solved with quick, direct distribution and pace. This could be a couple of passes or perhaps 4 or 5 quick ones. Our Des and co should easily be able to exploit this. The derby game at home was so frustrating to watch for that very reason. We should have been so threatening on the break but it was toothless.

Surprised no clubs larger than Carlisle are in for Jake Young. 22 and an excellent return this year. Is he just not that good, or will a few clubs regret not moving for him?

Feels like clubs are hesitant. Outperforming his xG by a considerable amount (sorry!) with no real goal scoring form prior to this season.

Kemp his main supplier also with few teams playing a genuine #10 options are probably limited. Suspect many are waiting for him to move and for the form to continue before trying.

Throw in his contract plus Bradford asking price and it’s all a pretty expensive gamble. One you could argue we should be making (if his all round game suits us).

Surprised no clubs larger than Carlisle are in for Jake Young. 22 and an excellent return this year. Is he just not that good, or will a few clubs regret not moving for him?

I saw him play for Sw***on at AFCW. Neat and tidy player, but didn’t stand out. Bullied out of it mostly by the AFCW central defenders and didn’t look particularly quick. I can see why L1 clubs are hesitating tbf.

Does it say why he’s fallen out of favour and they are desperate to get rid? I can’t remember the situation with him
They no doubt need the money. I’d be happier with Young as he’s proven to get goals. Be greedy and go for both

In other words, forget pricey strikers, let’s go with a cheaper option.
Not quite, Nombe only had one goal scoring season before moving for 1 Million, Hardie was never prolific but moved to Plymouth for a 6 figure fee, even Adeboyejo at Bolton, never really been prolific before and yet they paid a nice fee.

Just finding the right fit at the right time.

Feels like clubs are hesitant. Outperforming his xG by a considerable amount (sorry!) with no real goal scoring form prior to this season.

Kemp his main supplier also with few teams playing a genuine #10 options are probably limited. Suspect many are waiting for him to move and for the form to continue before trying.

Throw in his contract plus Bradford asking price and it’s all a pretty expensive gamble. One you could argue we should be making (if his all round game suits us).
The Cole Stockton of this season. No one wanted to take a punt either and it looks like he can't get a game at Burton now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom