Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad Kyle Edwards is staying but it's a huge gamble from the club. It should lead to a permanent deal going forward though but it's eating our wage bill. It still doesn't change the fact we are down two wingers and still require a striker and goalkeeper. Already 8 days into the window with 3 players down and one well and truly out until the end.

January was about strengthening the team but now it's become replacing what we've lost. We really need 5 new faces and that's just not going to happen for various reasons plus this window is horrible for recruiting as it is.

I'm glad Kyle Edwards is staying but it's a huge gamble from the club. It should lead to a permanent deal going forward though but it's eating our wage bill. It still doesn't change the fact we are down two wingers and still require a striker and goalkeeper. Already 8 days into the window with 3 players down and one well and truly out until the end.

January was about strengthening the team but now it's become replacing what we've lost. We really need 5 new faces and that's just not going to happen for various reasons plus this window is horrible for recruiting as it is.

The club's statement very clearly states that the loan has ended, meaning that we're no longer paying him.

Sounds like we are going to continue to let him use our medical resources, and continue to train with us - which will come with some cost attached, but not compared to wages.

But clearly Ipswich are not planning on resigning him in the summer, so they're doing the decent thing and letting him rehab and try to prove his fitness and earn a new deal with us.

But yeah, a ton of work to do.....and in the more difficult window for recruiting. If we can get a solid experienced striker, a decent keeper and then a trio of promising loanee forwards, then we'll have done alright.

How is it eating our wage bill?

My comment isn’t based upon whether you think he’s good enough or not (obviously the former from your prospective), but just feel your reference to him being a ‘clown’ which is disrespectful and certainly uncalled for for a person who has and continues to be a great servant to our club.

As another person pointed out, Eastwood is our back-up keeper and I believe he’s very capable for this role.
No wonder there’s said to be no loyalty in football, with prats like him as so called fans

Football has become so soulless. A hideous cesspool of money, lies, deceit and betrayal. If it wasn't for my love of Oxford United, I wouldn't give football the time of day anymore.

Back to the drawing board we go then, I wonder who we'll borrow next...
Who has lied and been deceitful out of interest?

He is Brighton’s player and they call the shots, they chose to recall him and then send him back out to Sheff Weds. Bot much OUFC can do about that and they can only announce things when Brighton say they can.

Wonder if we might do a loan deal for Cumming, just as they're quicker to get done, to get him in the building and then negotiate about a permanent during the rest of January.

So we're struggling to find any able-bodied people to play in the forward positions......but we've got two outstanding left backs.

We've suddenly ended up in the anti-Robinson universe!

(seriously speaking, if Leigh is ready to go - guess he might play further forward in front of Bennett, the way things are right now)

Wonder if we might do a loan deal for Cumming, just as they're quicker to get done, to get him in the building and then negotiate about a permanent during the rest of January.
That was discussed on the DUB. Depends if the club want to pay a fee now and take a risk as such on him fulfilling his potential or just loan him and hope to be able to sign him for free in the summer but risk other clubs coming in for him.

Plymouth just signed Ashley Philips - a centre half - on loan from Spurs so I'd imagine it's unlikely they also spend £1m+ on Moore.

They probably had a look at him and that's as far as it went

• React
Reactions: Ian

I’m not sure that Edwards would be one I’d be looking to pursue, should the wages be of first team level and without clear appearance targets being met.

We need to rid ourselves of Browne & Murphy due to them not playing enough games. I’m not sure saddling ourselves with another player who has a difficulty with staying fit, is necessarily demonstrating that lessons have been learnt.

I guess time will tell.

It is great that the club are assisting with his rehab. Despite the many things to be concerned about re: OUFC at present, this shows that the club do look after the players. This has also been demonstrated by how we’ve looked after Gorrin (good luck to him at FGR).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom