Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither do I, this is the first time I've commented on any of this stuff, as I know how easy it can be to jump the gun at times, so I've been waiting quietly for things to play out first.

But after losing our manager and assistant manager, we're now about to lose our No 1 goalkeeper, there's also rumours our captain may be leaving, and members of staff want to leave, and we've had a new manager here for 2 months, and STILL don't have an assistant manager in place, and there's been ABSOLUTELY ZERO communication from the club at any point.

So forgive me if I've decided to weigh in with an opinion or two, I didn't realise I had to get your permission to do so.

Get off your high horse
There’s some reasonable things but a few things I don’t personally agree with.

Beadle - As others have pointed out, we obviously can’t talk about it publicly at this stage and Des even said this during his interview.

Moore - The ‘rumour’ as far as I can see was started by some random twitter profile, which didn’t even say he was linked, just that Plymouth should be in interested. The club can’t be commenting on random twitter rumours, what clubs do this? Des even said there was nothing behind his absence.

Assistant Manager - I agree it’s frustrating we don’t have one, normally a new manager brings their own assistant so these things usually take care of themselves. I’m not sure what more the club could say other than ‘we’re working as fast as possible to get the right person in’…which we already know is happening. Well I like to think that’s happening! I’m sure some on here would disagree!

Obviously stuff has gone on behind the scenes regarding contract negotiation, but how much of this should really be in the public domain? It would seem a bit unprofessional to start naming people and say ‘well they turned us down because they wanted x…’

The assistant manager is interesting.

The name I was given has been out of work since leaving his previous role, so should it be that person then the delay for me, is negotiation. I think anyone we're talking to, are in a strong position.

Or that person is no longer in the frame and we're onto option three or four.

As for Elliot Moore, as well as he's done this season, if we got any reasonable offer, I'd be selling him. He's never a championship defender.
I to have reservations about his ability to play in the championship, but I think he organises the back 4 and is a real leader of the team. I really wouldn’t want to lose him!

I think we’ve seen through absence that Elliott Moore is a very important player for us at the moment.

I think he has certain strengths which would serve him well in the championship but in the main I agree with you, I’d be surprised if he flourished at a higher level. Nonetheless, it’s really a non-negotiable for me that he stays for now. We’re unsettled enough, we could really do with hanging on to a constant. He’s got a good partnership with Brown, Negru is injured and Thorniley has been disastrous at times, then there’s a new goalkeeper to integrate soon. I have no confidence that we could replace him competently in January.

Sometimes cashing in is the play but only when all the other pillars are in place. It would be a really disruptive exit IMO.
What if the money isn’t being offered for Moore in the summer?
Realistically we are going to have to get a new CB in whether that be now or in the summer. Long is a week or 2 away from being back and I think as we can see, even making the play offs is a very long shot considering how things are currently playing out on and off the pitch.

I’m certainly not waving the white flag but if someone is willing to offer a decent fee for Moore I’d take it. I’ve never been convinced by him either TBH.

What if the money isn’t being offered for Moore in the summer?
Realistically we are going to have to get a new CB in whether that be now or in the summer. Long is a week or 2 away from being back and I think as we can see, even making the play offs is a very long shot considering how things are currently playing out on and off the pitch.

I’m certainly not waving the white flag but if someone is willing to offer a decent fee for Moore I’d take it. I’ve never been convinced by him either TBH.
It’s not that I wouldn’t want him sold at all, it’s the timing. That’s almost more important than the fee you get - get that wrong and you can end up spending half of it correcting the mistake. How confident are we in his deputy, Negru, and when will he be fit? Is Thorniley the right profile and playing well enough to fill in? What impact would it have on Brown who’s been superb with him? With Beadle gone do we want that disruption? If we need to go to market, do we have time and are we prepared to pay the desperation tax teams will charge us? Could others become unsettled by the captain buggering off mid season in a play off push?

Moore is far from irreplaceable but we are not ready to sell him. We aren’t set, selling from a position of strength. Foundations have to be there to be making big calls like this.

It's times like this that I really miss Karl.

He could easily do the job of manager, assistant manager and goalkeeper all himself. He'd even keep talking about the stadium situation as well, so long as you asked him a question about something else.

You've completely missed the point he made, and changed the point into something it isn't.

The assistant manager is interesting.

The name I was given has been out of work since leaving his previous role, so should it be that person then the delay for me, is negotiation. I think anyone we're talking to, are in a strong position.

Or that person is no longer in the frame and we're onto option three or four.

As for Elliot Moore, as well as he's done this season, if we got any reasonable offer, I'd be selling him. He's never a championship defender.

If Moore isn’t championship quality then we don’t have anyone else who is. Moore has been outstanding this season and while he isn’t the most graceful on the eye he’s a hell of an out and out defender. If you believe what you read then Findlay, in the past, was on the radar of championship clubs - he’s nothing like the class of Moore.

I’m not usually negative and try look for the positives in every situation. I’m sure it’s been said a few times now but. It’s all just concerns at the moment. We get no information from the club anymore. Des said after Cambridge he’d have his assistant in the next couple of days it’s just contracts still not sorted. We are getting linked to players with no substance behind the rumour. I think this week is going to be a huge week for the club and how the season goes. Expecting Beadle to be gone. And most likely now Mills.

Hope for a striker and potentially a new GK. With mills now out do we need another winger. I’m really hoping for permanents as I always feel 6 month loans some of these players just want to come in and show no passion I’m hoping the board will back Des and Ed get the targets they really want

If Moore isn’t championship quality then we don’t have anyone else who is. Moore has been outstanding this season and while he isn’t the most graceful on the eye he’s a hell of an out and out defender. If you believe what you read then Findlay, in the past, was on the radar of championship clubs - he’s nothing like the class of Moore.
I think he could play championship football when the initial rumour come out and people was saying 2mil I was thinking I’d of 100% accepted that

mentioned these back in 2021and again yesterday in another post.
Lewis Mayo and Glen Middleton both these and Jonny Kenny plus one other from Scotland.
All young and would add to the sqaud in the right places

There’s some reasonable things but a few things I don’t personally agree with.

Beadle - As others have pointed out, we obviously can’t talk about it publicly at this stage and Des even said this during his interview.

Moore - The ‘rumour’ as far as I can see was started by some random twitter profile, which didn’t even say he was linked, just that Plymouth should be in interested. The club can’t be commenting on random twitter rumours, what clubs do this? Des even said there was nothing behind his absence.

Assistant Manager - I agree it’s frustrating we don’t have one, normally a new manager brings their own assistant so these things usually take care of themselves. I’m not sure what more the club could say other than ‘we’re working as fast as possible to get the right person in’…which we already know is happening. Well I like to think that’s happening! I’m sure some on here would disagree!

Obviously stuff has gone on behind the scenes regarding contract negotiation, but how much of this should really be in the public domain? It would seem a bit unprofessional to start naming people and say ‘well they turned us down because they wanted x…’
I can confirm from a friend in Plymouth who is ITK that Argyle are looking at a loan move for Beadle and a transfer bid for Moore!!!!

Please check back to the host of goals we've conceded recently (when Moore has played) and tell me who is culpable for missed headers in and around the six yard box.

At the time, everyone was piling in on Beadle, our defending recently has been very disappointing.

Anyway, I don't care if Moore stays or goes and I stated clearly, he has performed generally well this season.

Harry leonard coming from Blackburn tomorrow. Speculation on rovers forum

Swindon manager Michael Flynn said he couldn’t believe his bad luck as a striker he had lined up went and scored a goal on Saturday.

Speculation that it was 20 year-old Blackburn striker Harry Leonard.

F5wVY-hXYAAeKpY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom