Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say that I’m weirdly calm over this all.

The recruitment team did a fantastic job in the summer to start the rebuild, and with the change of management it would’ve slightly changed.

Trust them, things will come. We’re going up baby 😂😍
I, too, am confident of the work that Ed Waldron will do to get the right players in. But it is no good if the Senior Management are AWOL and not available to sign the cheques!

Last edited:
I, too, am confident of the work that Ed Waldron will do to get the right players in. But it is no good if the Senior Management are AWOL and not available to sign the cheques!
Well in.the summer, the senior management were clearly around to 'sign the cheques'.
There is no reason to think that this has changed unless you know something?

Well in.the summer, the senior management were clearly around to 'sign the cheques'.
Indeed, there was plenty of communication from the senior management at the time which would indicate that they were available.

I hope you are correct but since the appointment of Des, there has been no Senior Management communication, possibly indicating that they are not around to sign the cheques.

Fingers crossed.

I think signing some players, appointing an assistant manager and putting the planning permission in calms it all down, obviously won’t do everything in the next couple of days but even a step or towards that would steady some nerves.

The assistant manager position is getting a bit weird now for instance, not the sort of thing that takes this long.

We need a couple of attackers in for Carlisle. I expect us to get them but if we don’t then something is surely up.
I think if we are just restricted to loan signings this month that also won’t do much to stop the alarm bells ringing. Permanent signings will suggest the owners are still in it for the long haul.

I’m not necessarily suggesting they’re not but if there’s a continued silence surrounding the stadium situation and only a few loan signings in January the pessimist in me will start to get a bit twitchy.

January is a big month.

I agree the silence is deafening.
One or two permanent signings will make a world of difference.
How long also before news of the stadium as 2025 is drawing ever closer?

They have been awesome up to now still feel confident it will be all right on the night .3 massive weeks keep building the team.

If anyone seriously thinks we are soon going to bolster our squad with 6/7 new players who are first-team-ready is living in Cloud Cuckoo Land. This NEVER happens in January. Patience is required; the re-building will start in earnest in the summer when more space and money becomes available. Buckingham knows this. Robinson’s legacy can’t be dismantled till then.

If anyone seriously thinks we are soon going to bolster our squad with 6/7 new players who are first-team-ready is living in Cloud Cuckoo Land. This NEVER happens in January. Patience is required; the re-building will start in earnest in the summer when more space and money becomes available. Buckingham knows this. Robinson’s legacy can’t be dismantled till then.

I wouldn't be surprised to see six. Expect it'll be five though. Goalkeeper, midfielder, winger and two strikers.

Same old bullshit season in season out when will people realise this will never happen, it hasn’t happened in the last 20+ years and nothing is going to change know. As people have quite rightly said we are a selling club and will never keep the players to build our squad.

Dismantling Robinson‘s legacy ? What, sell Moore, Brown and McGuane - among our three most consistent performers. Great idea.

I don't really follow communications from the board (or lack of them), but we're not that far removed from the appointment of Buckingham which was a significant statement of intent. Actions generally speak louder than words, and I guess we'll see where we are at the end of the transfer window. Typically though, I'd have more confidence in an organisation where the circle of information is kept very tight.

The ground situation will be a concern until it's sorted (or not), but I also think it's another situation where there are aspects that are probably not best played out in public.

I don't really follow communications from the board (or lack of them), but we're not that far removed from the appointment of Buckingham which was a significant statement of intent. Actions generally speak louder than words, and I guess we'll see where we are at the end of the transfer window. Typically though, I'd have more confidence in an organisation where the circle of information is kept very tight.

The ground situation will be a concern until it's sorted (or not), but I also think it's another situation where there are aspects that are probably not best played out in public.

Can you take your level-headed, considered, posts elsewhere? This simply isn’t the place.

But you don’t normally have four of five loans sent back or recalled.

7 points off the top with a game in hand and that’s after the upheaval of a change of manager and loads of injuries. That’s encouraging because no one is running away with it and if you can get any sort of run going (like Derby) it’s there for the taking. COYY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom