Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is a dislocated knee/fractured bone, then hopefully his recovering time/long term impact will not be as bad as it being an ACL injury. Whatever the injury I wish him a speedy recovery.
A dislocated knee, I would have thought, will be accompanied with some form of ligament damage. His season over for sure. From a purely selfish POV, that fact that its happened in January means he will likely be replaced but still tough to take. A minimum of 4 ins/outs and that's just the loans. Could have a churn of 7/8 players which isn't ideal but you never know, we may find some gems! 🤞🤞

I’m sure we’ve been linked the Harry Leonard before possibly last year or in the summer? If so clearly one the recruitment team like which can’t be a bad thing.

Would be a decent addition. Only started twice in the Championship since back from injury at the end of October.

Second goal here:

Equaliser here:

Final goal to kill off the game here:

His playing style according to Wiki. Could be just what we need although I hope we also sign a permanent striker.

‘Leonard is a marksman with an impressive eye for goal, with intricate movement and hold-up play. He is excellent at holding possession and playing with his back towards the goal. He does a lot of unselfish work and is technically efficient’

It's autocratic in approach.

A carefully vetted and selected fan panel will tow the party line, possibly even being advised on the work it undertakes and information it gathers (it's too white as well, but that's an aside).

This has given the club and excuse to disregard OxVox as it 'already has the supporters' panel', and in doing so, stripping its ability to arrange fan forums and asking direct, difficult questions to the ownership.

We should be demanding the arrangement if a fans' forum at all costs. Perhaps it's time the customers started voting with their feet?
I’m all out to have a ‘fans forum’, but some of the issues I have with them are, we never really get to the bottom of issues due to its format.

For example, invariably Chris Williams goes around with a mic (sound system is shite). The fan asks a question which someone off of the panel responds, but then if the fan who asked the question doesn’t feel his or her question has been answered, doesn’t have the opportunity to challenge/further question. The mic then goes to another fan who asks a completely different question/makes a comment, such as ‘why do we play in blue away as we tend to lose when we wear that kit’ or ‘can we buy Messi’ then the whole forum degenerates into the board/panel getting off the hook.

The other frustrating response we tend to get is, ‘for confidential reasons we’re not able to respond to that question at present, but as soon as we have any news we will communicate’ but we all know we’ll never hear anything for months, years or at all, and by then we’d all forgotten what was asked and what they said.

So one recommendation would be, if we have one (fans forum), that at least if some one asks a question they have the opportunity to hold the mic to challenge/ask further questions to the panel. And may be it’s worth it on here to nominate our top 5/10 priority questions and ensure we get satisfied answers to those questions before moving on.

A dislocated knee, I would have thought, will be accompanied with some form of ligament damage. His season over for sure. From a purely selfish POV, that fact that it’s happened in January means he will likely be replaced but still tough to take. A minimum of 4 ins/outs and that's just the loans. Could have a churn of 7/8 players which isn't ideal but you never know, we may find some gems! 🤞🤞
Yeah, I did think the same, but fingers crossed it’s not the case for his sake.

His playing style according to Wiki. Could be just what we need although I hope we also sign a permanent striker.

‘Leonard is a marksman with an impressive eye for goal, with intricate movement and hold-up play. He is excellent at holding possession and playing with his back towards the goal. He does a lot of unselfish work and is technically efficient’
I think a lot of Blackburn fans might disagree with that first part (finishing), but by all accounts his movement is good and he works hard. Bit of a trend with our recruitment if you look at Joseph, Harris and now potentially Leonard. Would be happy to see him come in, but let's hope we're not pinning our hopes on him being the goalscorer we need.

Last edited:
Deffo can’t have an open fans forum, we have representatives from Oxvox whom should ask the main questions on behalf of us in the forum to keep it structured. if there is time left then we can get onto open floor questions about kits and toilets

Were linked to Rankin Costello last season
And took Grayson from Blackburn previously

I listened to this the other day, recorded a few months ago, with Tim Williams talking about what makes a good football club and how we strive to be the best run EFL club in the country. Personally I feel that as a supporter of the club we’re far from that, there has never been a strong connection between the owners, Williams, Ferguson and the supporters. The cynic in me says he should spent less time telling people how to run a great football club and more time building bonds with the supporters of the club he runs. Last season Williams and Ferguson presided over a disastrous campaign. We recruited well in the summer, but the success of this January window & getting Des the staff he needs is vital for me. If they get this wrong their leadership has been predominantly poor.

Just read the latest we are waiting for the Domino effect in the window ,where have we heard that from before ,sounds like the transfers have been pushed back slightly from the first week, already gone to the next week ,soon to be gone to the back end .Here we go again.

A carefully vetted and selected fan panel will tow the party line, possibly even being advised on the work it undertakes and information it gathers (it's too white as well, but that's an aside).

This has given the club and excuse to disregard OxVox as it 'already has the supporters' panel', and in doing so, stripping its ability to arrange fan forums and asking direct, difficult questions to the ownership.

We should be demanding the arrangement if a fans' forum at all costs. Perhaps it's time the customers started voting with their feet?
I've heard some nonsense in relationship to the OUSP but this is just derisory. Are you really suggesting, no, stating, that the make up of the panel is the wrong skin colour?

Further, you suggest that the panel is "vetted and selected" and infer that this is to "tow the party line" meaning, I take it, that you confer a racist status on the club for their selection. Ludicrous.

And, where does this "stripping it's ability to arrange fans forums" come from? The last time I read an update from OxVox they clearly stated that they were asking "difficult questions" how do you come to the opposite opinion? Have you asked OxVox?

I'm all for opinionated debate on this forum but uninformed nonsense has no place. I would wholeheartedly recommend contacting both OxVox and OUSP for correct and up to date information. OxVox OUSP

This Board, Adam Benson, Fergie and Williams have yet to bring in the assistant to Des, despite him having been here for 7 weeks.

What on earth gives people the confidence that they’ll get the playing recruitment right?

Perhaps people need to refocus their attention. We could have an A1 transfer window and get promoted. Unfortunately, with TW & GF in place it’ll not matter a jot, as there is no infrastructure being built behind the scenes to build this football club.

There is discontent all over the place.

Why aren’t people asking more questions of those in charge?

Still feel we need a Director of Football in place specifically as these 2 no shows go into their shell’s most of the time when matters on & off the pitch aren’t going well. Mind you this was the same Tim Williams who dismissed the idea of having DOF because they had enough football people in the building already & used Karl Robinson as an example 😳 (that just shows the f-cking incompetence) 🤦‍♂️

I've heard some nonsense in relationship to the OUSP but this is just derisory. Are you really suggesting, no, stating, that the make up of the panel is the wrong skin colour?

Further, you suggest that the panel is "vetted and selected" and infer that this is to "tow the party line" meaning, I take it, that you confer a racist status on the club for their selection. Ludicrous.

And, where does this "stripping it's ability to arrange fans forums" come from? The last time I read an update from OxVox they clearly stated that they were asking "difficult questions" how do you come to the opposite opinion? Have you asked OxVox?

I'm all for opinionated debate on this forum but uninformed nonsense has no place. I would wholeheartedly recommend contacting both OxVox and OUSP for correct and up to date information. OxVox OUSP

I know nothing about the workings of either the fan panel or OxVox. Perhaps you'd like to enlighten me as to what's actually happening, and whether any progress is being made?

With regard to the whiteness of the panel, I refer to a comment I made on here when seeing photographs of its members when it was first announced.

It would be nice to have better representation for supporters of colour, no?' Im simply INFERRING that the club could have used the opportunity to be more inclusive, that's all. Presumably you're one of the middle aged white people on the panel?

I didn't insult you directly, I'd thank you for not doing that to me. I'm not one of many on here who spout reactionary shite on here before using their brains, so don't treat me like one.

Uninformed, perhaps. Nonsense? Really? Your overreaction and frothing at the mouth in response to my questioning is rather enlightening.

Deffo can’t have an open fans forum, we have representatives from Oxvox whom should ask the main questions on behalf of us in the forum to keep it structured. if there is time left then we can get onto open floor questions about kits and toilets
The whole point of a fans forum is to provide a vehicle for all fans to participate. It is the chance for those who are not affiliated to any organisation to have their say. To dismiss them as they will only talk about "kits and toilets" is demeaning and unfair. In point of fact, toilets are of some importance to fans or, would you dismiss all the debate surrounding the stadium upkeep of the last few years? Choice of kit has also been important to fans.
I am a life member of OxVox and have also served on the OUSP, doesn't stop me from wanting to have my personal say at a fans forum. And, I would never endorse any set up that excluded you having that opportunity as well. All fans are important. Rest assured, the major issues are addressed regardless of a fans forum or not, what is missing right now, is direct communication with the fan base. That is what a Fans Forum will address. Face to face communication. The opportunity to be heard directly. To look someone in the eye when asking that, at least to the person asking, meaningful question.

The worrying thing for me is that I didn’t feel confident we were going to be able to pull off the 3 or 4 higher quality signings it felt like we needed to sustain a promotion challenge. Although we had a good summer, it’s hard to shake the memories of so many very sluggish windows in the recent past. And January is already a difficult window to operate in.

If that 3-4 signings needed becomes 5-6 new players (including a genuine high quality L1 CF and legitimate #1 GK) that just doesn’t feel feasible. Unless we see serious movement this week.

I know nothing about the workings of either the fan panel or OxVox. Perhaps you'd like to enlighten me as to what's actually happening, and whether any progress is being made?

With regard to the whiteness of the panel, I refer to a comment I made on here when seeing photographs of its members when it was first announced.

It would be nice to have better representation for supporters of colour, no?' Im simply INFERRING that the club could have used the opportunity to be more inclusive, that's all. Presumably you're one of the middle aged white people on the panel?

I didn't insult you directly, I'd thank you for not doing that to me. I'm not one of many on here who spout reactionary shite on here before using their brains, so don't treat me like one.

Uninformed, perhaps. Nonsense? Really? Your overreaction and frothing at the mouth in response to my questioning is rather enlightening.
You say it yourself, "I know nothing of the workings of either the fan panel or OxVox" - then take a moment or two and inform yourself. (as I suggested and gave links to assist)
The panel make up is set by those who volunteer to stand for election to the panel. Read the documentation and you will see.
I have not insulted you in the least, merely pointed out the flaws in your opinions.
And, I can assure you I am neither overreacting nor frothing at the mouth.
At 68 I don't think I can claim to be "middle aged" any longer and my racial ethnicity is irrelevant. The panel would, I know, welcome supporters from any background, racial or otherwise. That is also part of the original set up of the panel and has always been an objective of the panel, to represent as wider spectrum of the fan base as possible. You cannot force folk to participate or volunteer.

I’m all out to have a ‘fans forum’, but some of the issues I have with them are, we never really get to the bottom of issues due to its format.

For example, invariably Chris Williams goes around with a mic (sound system is shite). The fan asks a question which someone off of the panel responds, but then if the fan who asked the question doesn’t feel his or her question has been answered, doesn’t have the opportunity to challenge/further question. The mic then goes to another fan who asks a completely different question/makes a comment, such as ‘why do we play in blue away as we tend to lose when we wear that kit’ or ‘can we buy Messi’ then the whole forum degenerates into the board/panel getting off the hook.

The other frustrating response we tend to get is, ‘for confidential reasons we’re not able to respond to that question at present, but as soon as we have any news we will communicate’ but we all know we’ll never hear anything for months, years or at all, and by then we’d all forgotten what was asked and what they said.

So one recommendation would be, if we have one (fans forum), that at least if some one asks a question they have the opportunity to hold the mic to challenge/ask further questions to the panel. And may be it’s worth it on here to nominate our top 5/10 priority questions and ensure we get satisfied answers to those questions before moving on.
Rather negative? sound system is shite? I've been to most recent fans forums and never noticed a significant sound issue, people always have plenty of opportunity to say what they want and following up questions. Naturally some people are a bit nervous to say exactly what they would like to and the fans that are attracted to these events are certainly very different to this forum.

You say it yourself, "I know nothing of the workings of either the fan panel or OxVox" - then take a moment or two and inform yourself. (as I suggested and gave links to assist)
The panel make up is set by those who volunteer to stand for election to the panel. Read the documentation and you will see.
I have not insulted you in the least, merely pointed out the flaws in your opinions.
And, I can assure you I am neither overreacting nor frothing at the mouth.
At 68 I don't think I can claim to be "middle aged" any longer and my racial ethnicity is irrelevant. The panel would, I know, welcome supporters from any background, racial or otherwise. That is also part of the original set up of the panel and has always been an objective of the panel, to represent as wider spectrum of the fan base as possible. You cannot force folk to participate or volunteer.

Thank you.

I've been a passive member of this forum for YEARS. I've finally decided to start contributing. It's easy for established, senior forum members such as yourself to insinuate stupidity toward others with careful use of words like 'derisory ' and 'ludricous'. It's lazy, overprotective and offensive.

Senior members, in my opinion have a responsibility to nurture and encourage contribution from newer forum members, rather than lambast them at the first opportunity.

I may well be inclined to join a fan group, depending in the response to opinions I give.

Thank you.

I've been a passive member of this forum for YEARS. I've finally decided to start contributing. It's easy for established, senior forum members such as yourself to insinuate stupidity toward others with careful use of words like 'derisory ' and 'ludricous'. It's lazy, overprotective and offensive.

Senior members, in my opinion have a responsibility to nurture and encourage contribution from newer forum members, rather than lambast them at the first opportunity.

I may well be inclined to join a fan group, depending in the response to opinions I give.
If my use of vocabulary and lack of nurturing has upset you then I'm truly sorry. :rolleyes:

I must say that I’m weirdly calm over this all.

The recruitment team did a fantastic job in the summer to start the rebuild, and with the change of management it would’ve slightly changed.

Trust them, things will come. We’re going up baby 😂😍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom