Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the biggest things for this window is that from his comments, Des seems to be working really well with Ed, which can only be very very good.

One of the biggest things for this window is that from his comments, Des seems to be working really well with Ed, which can only be very very good.
A bit TOO well if you ask me.

All this talk of moving in together. We know what happened last time our manager got this close to another employee at the club…

I was told yesterday by a chesterfield fan we were in for Dobra. Sounds like another RR type player…

Also told we are close for an Aldershot player - just forgotten his name… 🤦‍♂️

I'm quite surprised how quiet the window has been in general so far... a few days in and barely any movement across the leagues.

This is something often mentioned, but I've never understood why there isn't a huge flurry of confirmed deals at the start of a transfer window. I know the retort to this is often that clubs you're talking to may want replacements in etc, but I don't think that argument always holds up.

There's no 'rule' against making enquiries/approaches for players outside of a transfer window. You could in theory negotiate and have a deal/fee agreed for a player and a contract agreed in October, for example - it just can't be signed and made 'official' till January 1st.

You would think (or at least hope) clubs know who they want weeks, if not months, before a transfer window opens. There's nothing stopping all these negotiations, finding of replacements etc happening before the window opening. With that in mind, it seems odd that more transfers aren't 'ready to go' for January 1st.

I'm quite surprised how quiet the window has been in general so far... a few days in and barely any movement across the leagues.

This is something often mentioned, but I've never understood why there isn't a huge flurry of confirmed deals at the start of a transfer window. I know the retort to this is often that clubs you're talking to may want replacements in etc, but I don't think that argument always holds up.

There's no 'rule' against making enquiries/approaches for players outside of a transfer window. You could in theory negotiate and have a deal/fee agreed for a player and a contract agreed in October, for example - it just can't be signed and made 'official' till January 1st.

You would think (or at least hope) clubs know who they want weeks, if not months, before a transfer window opens. There's nothing stopping all these negotiations, finding of replacements etc happening before the window opening. With that in mind, it seems odd that more transfers aren't 'ready to go' for January 1st.

The BBC list them all here. The total number of players moving to League 1 clubs since the window opened comes to 10. Three of those have been to Carlisle.

The BBC list them all here. The total number of players moving to League 1 clubs since the window opened comes to 10. Three of those have been to Carlisle.
Didn't realise Exeter had signed Luke Harris on loan... potential to be a cracker!

New owners, like Wrexham! And bloody typical, just before we play them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom