Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now wish we could offload Browne, Murphy, Henry (but stay on the coaching side), McGinty, O’Donkor, etc

If we go out of the remaining cup tomorrow evening there are 21 regular league games remaining. If the club medical department feels relatively confident I would be OK with 1x winger, 1x proven striker (and goalkeeper if needed). With wingers/wingback options being Murphy/Browne/Goodrham/Stevens/Leigh (if Bennet stays). Unless the stars align on targets would rather keep budget and options intact for the summer.

Last edited:
An aggressive window with the 6 or 7 incomings we really do need including several permanents would be a sign of proper intent, and that we want promotion and are a progressive club. I realise it’s not an easy window to recruit in, but as part of rebuilding we need to more than most sides in L1.

A window with just a few loans coming in to replace those we are losing shows we aren’t going for it and despite our league position we are happy and content to not be investing and making the most of the opportunity.

The latter scenario would be worrying! But the realisation must also be that we would need 12-15 new players in the summer to even have half a chance of staying in the Champ if we got there! I suspect behind the scenes investment in the playing side is very much on hold for obvious reasons covered on other threads.
But there is no comments from those that matter the owners the board although I think they’re non existent.
The club seem to have gone backwards without coming out with the “ have we signed anybody “
It should be changed to “ oi oufc. Give me something to get confident again?”

If we go out of the remaining cup tomorrow evening there are 21 regular league games remaining. If the club medical department feels relatively confident I would be OK with 1x winger, 1x proven striker (and goalkeeper if needed). With wingers/wingback options being Murphy/Browne/Goodrham/Stevens/Leigh (if Bennet stays). Unless the stars align on targets would rather keep budget and options intact for the summer.

You would be happy with 2 players coming into this squad when we are 5th this month?

At least we signed Leigh on a permanent even if he is injured!

Personally I'm gutted about Edwards going as he was really exciting to watch, but it is the sensible thing to do, and it will free up funds and a loan space for someone else.

The club aren’t doing themselves any favours and Des has to start showing his metal at the moment it’s more powder puff.

Fabulous set of loans last window :rolleyes:
Well, it could be said that it was better for us that they were loans and not buys, as at least we can replace two season long injuries and a misfit, with no increase in outlay rather than having to keep paying them without getting any pitch time out of them....👍

Think your view might be obstructed

Anyone know where the squad list is on here with all the contract expiry dates etc? Would be good to get it updated and have it handy.....could be a lot of changes over the next three weeks :confused:

You would be happy with 2 players coming into this squad when we are 5th this month?
Depends on the quality of the two. A lot depends on the treatment room but potentially yes as the majority of weeks are one game only. Assimilating a huge number of new bodies into the squad isn't likely to be successful IMO and likey to burn budgets. For example if we think the Chesterfield winger is the right player long term and we can pick him up on a free at the end of the season but Chesterfield want ££ now because they are in pole position to get promoted I would wait and spend the money elsewhere.

Edwards Mills Perkins Beadle returning ain't the worst.

Edwards injury prone
Mills not a regular starter
Perkins a non starter
Beadle, will miss but replaceable

Can we get 4 starters in to replace is the unknown.

I am hoping !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom