Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we’re going to announce one in and one out… this isn’t me defending the club before I get shouted at!

Maybe we’re going to announce one in and one out… this isn’t me defending the club before I get shouted at!
Perkins recalled, Mills 'recalled' , Beadle very likely recalled .... that's ( potentially) 3 out .... and 8 days into the window not one officially 'in' ( Bennett tba maybe?- so whats the hold up?)

His parent club said something 30 mins ago. How anyone can defend the club not keeping the fans informed of these things I just do not understand.
Even I’m starting to get annoyed with this. It’s not a surprise recall, the comms team needs to do better with keeping the fans in the loop.

How many signings does everyone reckon we need?

I think we need 6/7:
GK
CM
2/3 wingers
2 strikers
5 or 6.

1 striker and 2 wingers would give us 3 more plus Harris, Goodrham, Murphy, Bodin as back up. We’d still be carrying Browne and maybe Edwards wages as well. Loan Gatlin to the conference so we can recall him if it’s possible.

Defensive mid so Des can play this three in midfield properly. Looks like Connor Coventry’s staying in the Championship but someone like that.

Goalkeeper to replace Beadle. Cumming the obvious one.

Extend Bennett as well if that counts.

5 or 6.

1 striker and 2 wingers would give us 3 more plus Harris, Goodrham, Murphy, Bodin as back up. We’d still be carrying Browne and maybe Edwards wages as well. Loan Gatlin to the conference so we can recall him if it’s possible.

Defensive mid so Des can play this three in midfield properly. Looks like Connor Coventry’s staying in the Championship but someone like that.

Goalkeeper to replace Beadle. Cumming the obvious one.

Extend Bennett as well if that counts.

We can return Edwards can't we? Seems a bit mental to carry an injured loan player through January, especially one we have only gotten 6 games out of.

The assistant manager is interesting.

The name I was given has been out of work since leaving his previous role, so should it be that person then the delay for me, is negotiation. I think anyone we're talking to, are in a strong position.

Or that person is no longer in the frame and we're onto option three or four.

As for Elliot Moore, as well as he's done this season, if we got any reasonable offer, I'd be selling him. He's never a championship defender.
But we’re not a Championship club, and the way things are looking, we’re not going to be anytime soon, so we should be looking to keep hold of Moore.

We can return Edwards can't we? Seems a bit mental to carry an injured loan player through January, especially one we have only gotten 6 games out of.
Assume we can return him if he’s out for a while, which we all think he is but no one’s told us…

I think the cov game usefully cleared a few things up for me. The difference in class was vast and we have much work to do on all fronts.

In a recruitment sense, we need a strong window both now and in the summer. We need to be quicker, more physical and more technical. If anyone is bidding 2 million for any of our players, then we should take it and invest wisely.
So we sell the best players again to have money to replace the best player plus get more in of the right standard!?
Round and round in circles

Perkins recalled, Mills 'recalled' , Beadle very likely recalled .... that's ( potentially) 3 out .... and 8 days into the window not one officially 'in' ( Bennett tba maybe?- so whats the hold up?)
Mills is injured FFS, he lives up north why would he stay down here?
Perkins not good enough.
Beadle, at this stage rumours.

We need cover in every position though. Given that our own wingers are permanently injured then we need to make sure someone else is ready to step up and fill the treatment bed if needs be.

It's bad enough that Mills has already been returned to his parent club as there's a danger of the medical department not being overstretched for the first time in 2 years.

Mills is injured FFS, he lives up north why would he stay down here?
Perkins not good enough.
Beadle, at this stage rumours.
I took from Des’ comments the other day, we had keeper replacements pretty well lined up. Beadle’s clearly going, but not sure what we can realistically do until that’s 100% confirmed.

More generally, the top 10 in L1 have signed one free agent combined so far and that was a back up goalkeeper.

I'd love 6/7 players in but it won't happen and could be a bit disruptive to the existing set up?

I think we'll get a keeper, two strikers and a defensive midfielder....maybe a winger....I guess DB is pinning his hopes on some of the injured players coming back and hitting the ground running again.

I adore Easty, and he's been a fantastic servant to us, but if we end the season with him as No.1 we'll be ending up outside the play offs.
Autos! Sir, you're a bit optimistic and I like it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom