Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clotet it is then he always made 2+2 never equal 4. Out of work since his last disaster at Torpedo Moscow in Oct 23.
He will bring some much needed stability sorry insanity.

Given this thread is about car's. Pep will definitely bring a car.

I just don’t understand the reluctance surrounding Marriott. He‘s ideal, proven. Quality costs and is £500,000 really such a massive amount of money for getting a finisher/provider of his quality.
Well said, why are we all so obsessed with the fee. Nonsense like he is not worth £500k and we should not spend any more than £300k

Judge the player rather than the fee

I’m sure Des said it’s someone he knows/worked from within the UK. I’m not certain if they have worked together before though but surely would have crossed paths locally.

Mickey Lewis and Mike Ford worked together at OUFC and Ox City.

As we know Des was close to Mickey.

Ford is currently manager at Evesham United.

I‘d be surprised but you never know!

Mickey Lewis and Mike Ford worked together at OUFC and Ox City.

As we know Des was close to Mickey.

Ford is currently manager at Evesham United.

I‘d be surprised but you never know!
It would be a surprise. There can’t be too many candidates that Des would know in the UK as he’s obviously worked most of his career overseas.

Well said, why are we all so obsessed with the fee. Nonsense like he is not worth £500k and we should not spend any more than £300k

Judge the player rather than the fee

I think it's two separate issues.

Marriott is a really good League One striker - as he proved again at the back end of last season - and would be a good signing for us at a position where we're desperate for help.

This is true.

It is also true that if we paid £500k for him, we would be getting absolutely fleeced.
He was only worth half that a year ago - and now he's another year older, and in the midst of a pretty mediocre season (albeit for a rubbish team).

I would hope that if we are indeed in for Marriott, that our money men are a little more clued in, and negotiating a price that is closer to his actual worth.
Because if we really are going to spend £500k on a player with no resale value......I'd rather go after JCH, who has a longer League One track record and is more of a physical handful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom