Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s been a great servant to be sure and is of course contracted to the club. Unfortunately many rival clubs players shoot from distance when he’s in goal, often with bad consequences for us.
He has played the whole of 6 games this season, 4 of which are in the tin pot trophy and the other 2 in the FA Cup.

He is a decent number 2 at this level.

Are you happy with Eastwood as understudy to Cumming, a loan keeper?
Hopefully we can sign Cumming permanently with a goalkeeper we can have confidence in to deputise
What has Cumming being a loan keeper have to do with it?

To be fair to you its quite easy to forget about a signing who has played 5 games despite being here nearly all season and won't be available till April at best, especially when he fades into another 4 attacking midfielders who don't play much.

Who is this you're talking about?

He has played the whole of 6 games this season, 4 of which are in the tin pot trophy and the other 2 in the FA Cup.

He is a decent number 2 at this level.
Yeah not Eastwood's biggest fan but no concern with him being #2. If we had a promising young keeper would much rather than play in development/youth leagues until they're at an age to get consistent first team football elsewhere with a loan.

To be fair to you its quite easy to forget about a signing who has played 5 games despite being here nearly all season and won't be available till April at best, especially when he fades into another 4 attacking midfielders who don't play much.
God it gets harder to digest every time you see or hear about it and that’s before you factor in the amount of money they hoover up between them and what that could do for us right now.

I will feel like I’ve been on the purge of a lifetime when I see the released list this summer, assuming the inevitable names actually feature on there.

Luckily, out injury list is reducing - I heard Des say that Longy was back soon. No, wait....

Being serious, I think Longy's injury was a head injury so hopefully will be back quite soon.

Luckily, out injury list is reducing - I heard Des say that Longy was back soon. No, wait....

Being serious, I think Longy's injury was a head injury so hopefully will be back quite soon.
With concussion and a nasty cut he won't be.

Buckingham has said tonight another centre-forward and a right winger to come in - hopefully by the weekend.
To be fair, I think that might be a case of selective hearing!

He was asked a question which he answered well and very diplomatically. In summary he said you want to get your transfer dealings done as soon as possible and highlighted the obvious benefits in doing so. He also balanced that against waiting if they need to do so which might mean until after the Portsmouth game which he would do if it came to it. However, it wouldn’t be for lack of trying.

I got the distinct impression it’ll be late in the window before two players are secured.

Last edited:
Rovers also signing Kamil Conteh who looks exactly what we are crying out for in midfield, defensive, great tackler, young and lots of resale.

Idea...

Why don't you do this for all 23 other teams in our division..? Given Charlton and Rovers' respective recent charges up the table, it does seem to be VERY effective.

Only 21 more teams to go.

Idea...

Why don't you do this for all 23 other teams in our division..? Given Charlton and Rovers' respective recent charges up the table, it does seem to be VERY effective.

Only 21 more teams to go.
Yep, it was a poor suggestion on my part to be fair, tonight showed that we absolutely don't need a physical, tackling presence in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom