Transfer Window January 2024 Transfer Window Thread

Rate The Window So Far

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you read any of the stadium pieces? There is a huge bias towards those who are against the stadium project, and worse than that, they have published a number of front page articles without a single shread of evidence to support their allegations. That is not only poor journalism, its bordering on libellous.

I completely understand the need for balance, and I've no issue with articles that offer a counter view to the stadium, or the club. But we're not seeing that balance. And let's remember that without this stadium there is a very real likelihood that there will be no club.

I couldn't care less about transfer speculation or little titbits coming out of the club. I don't expect anyone to be hiding behind the curtains in Des' office to get an exclusive. All I expect is journalistic integrity and balance, and we're getting neither.
To play devil's advocate, most people who buy printed newspapers are of the older generation who fall into a highly likely NIMBY group. If it's not horror stories about football hooligans it's those nasty foreigners taking away our jobs or how weed smokers are destroying society etc.

Just playing to their demographic, which I don't think you can blame the journalist for as much as the state of populist politics and clickbait news in general.

If it's not horror stories about football hooligans it's those nasty foreigners taking away our jobs or how weed smokers are destroying society etc.

Just playing to their demographic, which I don't think you can blame the journalist for as much as the state of populist politics and clickbait news.

Jesus mate. Just don't buy the Guardian.

Have you read any of the stadium pieces? There is a huge bias towards those who are against the stadium project, and worse than that, they have published a number of front page articles without a single shread of evidence to support their allegations. That is not only poor journalism, its bordering on libellous.

I completely understand the need for balance, and I've no issue with articles that offer a counter view to the stadium, or the club. But we're not seeing that balance. And let's remember that without this stadium there is a very real likelihood that there will be no club.

I couldn't care less about transfer speculation or little titbits coming out of the club. I don't expect anyone to be hiding behind the curtains in Des' office to get an exclusive. All I expect is journalistic integrity and balance, and we're getting neither.
I have to say the piece on kassam the other day saying that the club could stay was one of the most shocking pieces of journalism I’ve ever read….. and for the Ox Mail to report as such given all that they should no about this shameful individual was poor. I’m completely for constructive debate against the stadium, there will always be two sides to every argument when building is involved but I wonder if any of the objectors would be so assuming if their landlord pulled their pants down and then charged them double for the priveledge. Maybe the Ox Mail could ask ox city council about how and why kasham got the land for free and how he was allowed to develop unobstructed, buy the Manor off the club and then sell it for double a week later. Sorry for ranting just boils my pi55.

I have to say the piece on kassam the other day saying that the club could stay was one of the most shocking pieces of journalism I’ve ever read….. and for the Ox Mail to report as such given all that they should no about this shameful individual was poor. I’m completely for constructive debate against the stadium, there will always be two sides to every argument when building is involved but I wonder if any of the objectors would be so assuming if their landlord pulled their pants down and then charged them double for the priveledge. Maybe the Ox Mail could ask ox city council about how and why kasham got the land for free and how he was allowed to develop unobstructed, buy the Manor off the club and then sell it for double a week later. Sorry for ranting just boils my pi55.
As much as I detest the bloke, what he done regarding the Manor, it was there for anybody to purchase , so don’t slag him off for stumping up the money to buy it and making a profit. Robin Heard could have done it, if he had the cash. There was a few consortium’s interested but never came up with the cash,

As much as I detest the bloke, what he done regarding the Manor, it was there for anybody to purchase , so don’t slag him off for stumping up the money to buy it and making a profit. Robin Heard could have done it, if he had the cash. There was a few consortium’s interested but never came up with the cash,
Ffs ...bloke killed the club and made a large profit while doing it !
He stumped up a quid then sold the Manor off .

Genuinely the worst take on anything ever.

Classic Stockholm syndrome.

As it seems we’re waiting for other deals to fall into place before we can confirm loans, done a bit of looking into who in the champ are chasing forwards…

Leeds, Blackburn, Plymouth and Cardiff all seem to be “close” or reported to be anyway.

Poveda from Leeds?
Leonard or Ennis from Blackburn?
Bundu seems to be falling out of the squad at Plymouth?
Same with Robinson at Cardiff?

As it seems we’re waiting for other deals to fall into place before we can confirm loans, done a bit of looking into who in the champ are chasing forwards…

Leeds, Blackburn, Plymouth and Cardiff all seem to be “close” or reported to be anyway.

Poveda from Leeds?
Leonard or Ennis from Blackburn?
Bundu seems to be falling out of the squad at Plymouth?
Same with Robinson at Cardiff?
Ennis appears to be off to Bolton.

• React
Reactions: Oxy
On reflection, I we should've signed Ladapo as well as Goodwin.

Bring Ladapo in on a loan till the end of the season and use him as our main striker with Harris to rotate. Give Goodwin time to get fully fit and settle in, then when he's back use Harris predominantly as a winger with Goodwin and Ladapo as our 2 strikers. If Ladapo does well and depending on Ipswich's situation, come the end of the season he could be available on a permanent for a cut price.

That would've given time for Goodwin to settle in and get minutes under his belt without the pressure of being the 'main man', with the view of him playing more of a prominent role next season. Bringing a young lad in to be the striker that'll solve our problems is a lot of pressure and a big risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom