Transfer News January 2023 Transfer window thread

In the summer we absolutely were shitting.. it was up the wall, in the bed and in the bin but we were definitely shitting.

This window we revved up the aggressive rhetoric and ended up unleashing an eggy one.

And we all want to keep the bed and bin clean this time?

We’ll sign a striker on a short term or loan deal. If we want KR out then that’s what we should all want. KR can say what he wants about being “ultra aggressive” but we don’t want him to be given the license to be so, do we? So what’s the problem?

We’ll sign a striker on a short term or loan deal. If we want KR out then that’s what we should all want. KR can say what he wants about being “ultra aggressive” but we don’t want him to be given the license to be so, do we? So what’s the problem?
Bizarrely, I'd quite like us to win a few games and compete at the right end of the table.

If the board think that KR is the right man, they should back him fully. If they don't, they should do the needful.

A top striker is going to be a good investment regardless of manager at the end of the season.

I agree to a point but..

If they believe Karl is the right man, they should back him with the 2/3 he wants.

If they don’t believe. Sack him.

Unfortunately that’s what’s planned. Midtable season.
thats a risk though. Its not like weve got a full squad even to fall back on with a good degree of thinking that we are safe enough to stay up. weve got about 18 players to see us through to the end of the season,if we discount Henry but do include Murphy!

Bizarrely, I'd quite like us to win a few games and compete at the right end of the table.

If the board think that KR is the right man, they should back him fully. If they don't, they should do the needful.

A top striker is going to be a good investment regardless of manager at the end of the season.

But who is going to identify that “top striker”? Who do you want to make the decision to sign him? Who do you want deciding the length of his contract? Who do you want choosing the style of play we are recruiting for?

Because if the answer to the above questions isn’t “Karl Robinson” then you’re a Turkey wishing for Christmas.

There are a myriad of reasons why the board haven’t sacked KR yet that are not necessarily because they think he is the “right man”, and if you’re convinced that he isn’t then it’s utterly insane to be critical that the board aren’t allowing him to spend more of their money.

I agree to a point but..

If they believe Karl is the right man, they should back him with the 2/3 he wants.

If they don’t believe. Sack him.

What if it costs £1m more to sack him now that in May? What if they’ve identified a DOF but can’t appoint him til May? What if we have a manger lined up for May?

It’s pretty clear to me that KR is not someone getting the full backing of his employers at the moment. You’d think that would be cause for cheer among those who want him gone?

What if it costs £1m more to sack him now that in May? What if they’ve identified a DOF but can’t appoint him til May? What if we have a manger lined up for May?

It’s pretty clear to me that KR is not someone getting the full backing of his employers at the moment. You’d think that would be cause for cheer among those who want him gone?

I don’t know why it would cost that?

We’d just owe him an extra 3/4 months of payment of his contract.

He’d have an option of a slightly lower payment of his full contract or his normal payment month by month till either his contract expired in 2024 or another club buys it out from us.

Karl wants a centre back, a winger & a centre forward in. If we don’t believe he’s the man to take us forward then we should part company.

We only need 5 more wins for safety so I don’t see why would keep him here unless we are building for him to be given next season too, which would be unbelievable 😱

But who is going to identify that “top striker”? Who do you want to make the decision to sign him? Who do you want deciding the length of his contract? Who do you want choosing the style of play we are recruiting for?

Because if the answer to the above questions isn’t “Karl Robinson” then you’re a Turkey wishing for Christmas.

There are a myriad of reasons why the board haven’t sacked KR yet that are not necessarily because they think he is the “right man”, and if you’re convinced that he isn’t then it’s utterly insane to be critical that the board aren’t allowing him to spend more of their money.
I do see your point. Not signing a good striker is literally setting us up for failure.

That's not fair on the fans or Karl Robinson.

If we do not make a signing by the end of the window , KR should be sacked the next day .
To many broken promises.

I don’t know why it would cost that?

We’d just owe him an extra 3/4 months of payment of his contract.

He’d have an option of a slightly lower payment of his full contract or his normal payment month by month till either his contract expired in 2024 or another club buys it out from us.

Karl wants a centre back, a winger & a centre forward in. If we don’t believe he’s the man to take us forward then we should part company.

We only need 5 more wins for safety so I don’t see why would keep him here unless we are building for him to be given next season too, which would be unbelievable [emoji33]

Who knows? Might be a performance related clause in there? It’s a hypothetical, but I’m seeing little to no evidence the board think he is the man to take us forward long-term. He’s just the incumbent while they sort out the footballing side

Who knows? Might be a performance related clause in there? It’s a hypothetical, but I’m seeing little to no evidence the board think he is the man to take us forward long-term. He’s just the incumbent while they sort out the footballing side

Hope you’re correct.

I personally think he will be given another season, which I’d massively dread.

I don’t often agree with you kip, but I do here. The board need to back the manager or get rid of him. What’s the point in doing neither.

Bolton doing good business 3 decent level strikers

Charles , Jerome , adebayo from Burton

For us no rumours linked just outgoings 😥

I do see your point. Not signing a good striker is literally setting us up for failure.

That's not fair on the fans or Karl Robinson.

Trouble is Robinsons idea of a good striker is someone who has been retired for ten years after losing a leg in a shark attack, or works in a chicken shop, so you can see why the board don’t want to give him even more money to spend.

We will bring in a winger on loan on the last day and that will be it, that’s written in the stars, just a matter of how many games that winger plays bed he either gets injured or gets banished.

Back
Top Bottom