Transfer News January 2023 Transfer window thread

Hardie will wait until the summer.

If he doesn’t get offered terms at Plymouth, he will have a plethora of Lg1 clubs that will want him and that will benefit him two fold;

1) He will be able to wait and get the best deal for him, instead of taking whatever we may offer within the limited timeframe of the January window (11 days left and counting).

2) He will be able to negotiate a very healthy signing on fee, a fee that the acquiring club can throw at him, instead of paying a fee in January to the selling club.

Not to mention Plymouth are on the cusp of achieving promotion.

My mate in Belfast, who follows Glentoran (and Leeds) says that winger lad is supposed to be something a bit special.
Would explain why Celtic, Newcastle, Palace and Everton are all linked to him too - don't think we've got much chance.

We won’t concede to a 40 yard thunderbolt from a CB in the last 10 mins (Accy away) every game - we’ll start to pick up more points.
I quite like the stats side of things and definitely see something in xG etc but we are likely to concede low xG goals because we have a keeper who's proven over some time that he's incapable of dealing with them. That Accy goal wasn't even that well hit but it was another that would have been kept out by a better keeper at this level.

Overall I do agree that it wouldn't take much to put a run together because the division seems to be such low quality this season. I've got absolutely no faith that we'll be the side to do it though.

An experienced and game ready striker would make all the difference to this side. Unfortunately, they are also the position hardest to pick up in January. I'd love to see Ryan Hardie playing in this side, and that's a deal that's possible but by no means certain.
A deal that's possible in the sense that's he's got 6 months left on his current deal and hasn't been keen on signing a new one at Plymouth? Or thats any interest from us has been reciprocated?

We are a wealthy club I keep saying get the ground ,you get the players, you get the fans, you get the money, you get bigger .Oxford, Oxford, Oxford. we are going up I say we are going up. We are talking about Karl this that and the other let's be honest get the ground this really is just the start. If Bournemouth can do it if Brentford can do it we are Oxford for Christ sake or God's sake .Just be patient there are amazing times ahead.

Just concerning the lack of communication from KR - I know he mentioned we looked at either Macaulay bonne or wickham

I really don’t think a young PL loan ST would be worth it we have odonker we need to bring in a established striker at the level who can score goals as a big fan of matty it’s just not happening this season

Just concerning the lack of communication from KR - I know he mentioned we looked at either Macaulay bonne or wickham

I really don’t think a young PL loan ST would be worth it we have odonker we need to bring in a established striker at the level who can score goals as a big fan of matty it’s just not happening this season

It was Wickham.

He’s yet to make up his mind but believe we’ve shown strong interest in a short term deal

It was Wickham.

He’s yet to make up his mind but believe we’ve shown strong interest in a short term deal
Why is it everyone we look at can’t make up their mind? Invariably we then lose out on most of them!

Other clubs seem to sign players no problem, but for us it’s like players are just semi interested if nothing better comes along. So we wait, and we generally lose out. We look at someone else and repeat again.

if a player can’t make up his mind either move on ASAP or let’s address the real issue of why they stall and what’s holding them back. We are crap at getting players in and transfers done, sorry but we are!

Why is it everyone we look at can’t make up their mind? Invariably we then lose out on most of them!

Other clubs seem to sign players no problem, but for us it’s like players are just semi interested if nothing better comes along. So we wait, and we generally lose out. We look at someone else and repeat again.

if a player can’t make up his mind either move on ASAP or let’s address the real issue of why they stall and what’s holding them back. We are crap at getting players in and transfers done, sorry but we are!

Stephan Negru and Brandon Fleming didn’t seem to have any issues making their mind up

If Fleming doesn't start against Ipswich, Robinson's job in untenable, a championship player brought in, once agian overlooked. Re/fleetwood.

Stephan Negru and Brandon Fleming didn’t seem to have any issues making their mind up
Nor did Bucks Fizz!

But for every occasional success we’ve got multiple failures. Maybe the ones you mention had no other better options having already thought about it for several weeks prior to signing.

Wickham is also out of contract with no club or income currently, thats If we are actually in for him. But you get the point I’m trying to make about our general inability to make timely signings early in windows, and of our actual main targets.

Back
Top Bottom