Transfer News January 2023 Transfer window thread

Lyle Taylor is being offered around a number of clubs for loan. 32, hasn’t played all season. It feels like Oxford. It smells like Oxford.

Could we?
He had a successful loan spell at Birmingham last season. I can’t see him dropping down to league 1 despite no game time this season.

He had a successful loan spell at Birmingham last season. I can’t see him dropping down to league 1 despite no game time this season.
Perhaps not it was just one that cropped up in a WhatsApp group with some footie pals - one of which is a forest fan but with no more info other than they’re trying to find him a move. Given he’s been on the sidelines for 6 months, L1 may be where he needs to go to prove he’s still got it and hopefully get a better move in the summer. May be one to watch, I’ve seen stranger moves and if both parties become desperate you never know.

Most vitally Atkinson, Dickie and McNally were all capable of bringing the ball out from the back centrally which would often cut through the forward line and midfield. We were heavily reliant on it.
But if you are so reliant on that way of playing, then you have to recruit for it. You don't spend a significant sum bringing in Findlay and giving him a 4 year contract, because he is not and never will be that kind of centre back. That isn't his fault, and criticising him for not having that skill set like some do I think is unfair. You may identify him and bring him in if your other CB is a ball carrying supremo, but Moore certainly is not that. But bring him in we did, and gave him the ball under pressure in dangerous defensive areas and asked him to play this way. It's one of the many many examples of KR's absolutely horrendous squad building abilities.

This is the image I can't get out of my head when I think of KR trying to restore a competitive squad at OUFC

o-RESTORATION-570.jpg

Noticed todays wasn’t at the game today I had been more phone ins than the usual chat

I think this window shows that the board have also lost faith in Robinson. Youngsters and loanees, what can we really expect after the poor summer recruitment. I guarantee if he stays between now and the end of the season that the board will only sanction cheap loan signings and not replace those that have moved on (Findlay).

I don’t think we need a striker as desperately as we think, we need outlets outwide who have pace and the no how to beat a man and get a cross in. The reason Taylor is not firing is he’s arguably had no service all season. When was the last goal we scored from a cross? Murphys one is the only one I can think of but he will get no where near playing regularly. That’s the real issue.

I hope for our sake we aren’t drawn into a relegation scrap but this season is a complete write off now.

Last edited:
We just don't create the chances like we did last year. KR keeps talking about the lack of quality in the final third. Really? It's obvious. We've lost Skyes, Whyte, Johnson and Williams and replaced them with the current lot of Murphy, Jones, Wildschut and Browne. The latter group likely to be to be on significantly more money and more injury prone.....and KR doesn't think our Summer recruitment wasn't poor?

I blame Championship Manager

Last edited:
Nixon reporting Marriott off to fleetwood in a 250k deal.

Not one I would have wanted here, but fleetwood’s top earner isn’t much over 2k.

If money is available to KR he’s obviously struggling to spend it. I suspect the £££ tap has been turned off after the summer

Not one I would have wanted here, but fleetwood’s top earner isn’t much over 2k.

If money is available to KR he’s obviously struggling to spend it. I suspect the £££ tap has been turned off after the summer
The more concerning thing is teams around us strengthening significantly. We aren't safe yet ...

I think this window shows that the board have also lost faith in Robinson. Youngsters and loanees, what can we really expect after the poor summer recruitment. I guarantee if he stays between now and the end of the season that the board will only sanction cheap loan signings and not replace those that have moved on (Findlay).

I don’t think we need a striker as desperately as we think, we need outlets outwide who have pace and the no how to beat a man and get a cross in. The reason Taylor is not firing is he’s arguably had no service all season. When was the last goal we scored from a cross? Murphys one is the only one I can think of but he will get no where near playing regularly. That’s the real issue.

I hope for our sake we aren’t drawn into a relegation scrap but this season is a complete write off now.
Even tho we don’t create enough Matt Taylor has missed some guilt edge chances this season, both Derby Accrington were on a plate for him, Home to Exeter a fews weeks ago he should of scored & Today he had 2 good opportunities to score.

I find it embarrassing that all we can rely on is a 18 year old who looks 2 years to early to come in 1st team by the way as our only 2nd striker option

Last edited:
Can’t lie, I’ll be secretly glad if it doesn’t happen. Better days will come and I see him as part of that.
Yep, I think he started very poorly but was coming into it a bit. He's got something about him but has also not been helped with coming in late because we were being too nice and letting him stay in America for a bit, playing alongside Seddon and most importantly playing a role that he's not suited to. Poor recruitment really but I'm more confident that he's a good League 1 defender than Robinson is a good League 1 manager. Certainly enough there for a new man to work with.

Well Karl did say if they aren’t there or don’t want to come there’s not a lot he can do about it

Back
Top Bottom