Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Assuming that's it for our dealings then, no whispers of us looking at any OOC players? Someone mentioned Luton were discussing a settlement for Dan Hyltons contract for him to go for free? Take it there's no substance I that....?

Assuming that's it for our dealings then, no whispers of us looking at any OOC players? Someone mentioned Luton were discussing a settlement for Dan Hyltons contract for him to go for free? Take it there's no substance I that....?

As he played yesterday, Hylton is still Luton player.

Any player who is released outside of the transfer window can't sign for anyone else until the next window.

We did have a striker lined up to come in but we left it too late so consequently the deal didn't get done!!

I was just running through the squad in my head.....
.....and let's say things go pretty well, and we go into the playoffs with a fully fit squad.

That happens and I honestly don't think that Anthony Forde or Ryan Williams, really good League One players both, even make the matchday squad.

I think it would look something like (depending on form):
Stevens, Long, Moore, McNally, Seddon, Kane, Brannagan, McGuane, Sykes, Browne, Taylor
Subs: Eastwood, Brown, Henry, Bodin, Holland, Whyte, Winnall

I'm going to give up on the subject until the summer after today, but it boggles my mind that you can build a squad with only five defenders total and zero defensive midfielders, and yet have a player as good as Ryan Williams might not even be third choice at his best position!

I suspect KR only sees Forde as a defender now who can cover other positions if necessary. I wouldn't be surprised if Forde isn't here next season that he goes somewhere else next season as a right back.

As he played yesterday, Hylton is still Luton player.

Any player who is released outside of the transfer window can't sign for anyone else until the next window.
How does that work with Scottish league? Leigh Griffiths has been released and would certainly shore us up to seasons end

How does that work with Scottish league? Leigh Griffiths has been released and would certainly shore us up to seasons end

I would guess that the added complication of his loan deal at Dundee having to be terminated alongside his release from Celtic caused a delay in ratifying his release? I would suspect it was probably agreed on 31st.

Although that is a guess

Last edited:
Not sure if this is total garbage or not tbh but what if KR sets us up a bit differently
to what we think he does ?

Don`t think there is any doubt that Seddon is not a LB and plays more of a LWB/LM/LW
and only reverts to being a LB when we are defending a set piece or if we are under the
cosh, his position when the ball hit the back of the net last night for us was interesting...

Not sure whats happened to Longinho, he was on fire when on the front foot last season
and i`m not sure if this is down to a drop in form or instructions from KR but he certainly
isnt getting forward as much as he was, if its the former this theory can keep rolling, if its
the latter, file 13 here we come...

Anyway, Sean Clare, i know that didnt work but i think he/we were very unlucky with
the fact that he needed some time to bed in, we had a proper injury crisis at the back, had
Eastwood and Henry badly out of form after Wembley and this coinciding with a really
tough run of early season fixtures, he was often caught badly out of position ( sounds familiar )
and i guess with hindsight it could be argued that he was trying to do the role that Seddon
does now but on the right.

So, with Seddon doing his thing on the left and with the same meant to be happening on the
right is there not a case for saying that our teams formation is some kind of variant of this ?

lineup(1).png

Yup, its KR`s 2-3-2-3, goals galore at both ends ! Tbh i`m laughing as i type all this, it looks a bit crazy
to me, but i suspect that i`m stuck in the 80`s with my way of thinking and that KR has hit on a formula
that is both entertaining and when played correctly is effective, it would certainly explain a few things
not the least being why we can look so damn good going forwards and why we can look so dodgy when
defending.

We tend to use 4 wingers per match ( including bench ) and we use zero LBs, this for me is why we are
overloaded in wingers and why this is the 2nd season in a row we have no back up LB`s. We are also
carrying a few players at the moment, Forde does the job as cover on the right and when Hanson
moves on i suppose/hope KR will sort out the left with a dedicated like for like replacement for Seddon.

As for the transfer window itself i guess that new stadium syndrome combined with some of the names
that were being mentioned may have left some people feeling a bit meh, personally i was really happy
that MB is back on a permanent, love that player ! Still, the biggest thing was holding onto our players
under pressure, that felt like we levelled up* and is a really big step going forward.

* Got to admit i felt a bid unsure about using " levelled up " has that already become a bit of an eye rolling joke
in the same way that the words woke and mellow have become or is it still ok to use ?

Not sure if this is total garbage or not tbh but what if KR sets us up a bit differently
to what we think he does ?

Don`t think there is any doubt that Seddon is not a LB and plays more of a LWB/LM/LW
and only reverts to being a LB when we are defending a set piece or if we are under the
cosh, his position when the ball hit the back of the net last night for us was interesting...

Not sure whats happened to Longinho, he was on fire when on the front foot last season
and i`m not sure if this is down to a drop in form or instructions from KR but he certainly
isnt getting forward as much as he was, if its the former this theory can keep rolling, if its
the latter, file 13 here we come...

Anyway, Sean Clare, i know that didnt work but i think he/we were very unlucky with
the fact that he needed some time to bed in, we had a proper injury crisis at the back, had
Eastwood and Henry badly out of form after Wembley and this coinciding with a really
tough run of early season fixtures, he was often caught badly out of position ( sounds familiar )
and i guess with hindsight it could be argued that he was trying to do the role that Seddon
does now but on the right.

So, with Seddon doing his thing on the left and with the same meant to be happening on the
right is there not a case for saying that our teams formation is some kind of variant of this ?

View attachment 8058

Yup, its KR`s 2-3-2-3, goals galore at both ends ! Tbh i`m laughing as i type all this, it looks a bit crazy
to me, but i suspect that i`m stuck in the 80`s with my way of thinking and that KR has hit on a formula
that is both entertaining and when played correctly is effective, it would certainly explain a few things
not the least being why we can look so damn good going forwards and why we can look so dodgy when
defending.

We tend to use 4 wingers per match ( including bench ) and we use zero LBs, this for me is why we are
overloaded in wingers and why this is the 2nd season in a row we have no back up LB`s. We are also
carrying a few players at the moment, Forde does the job as cover on the right and when Hanson
moves on i suppose/hope KR will sort out the left with a dedicated like for like replacement for Seddon.

As for the transfer window itself i guess that new stadium syndrome combined with some of the names
that were being mentioned may have left some people feeling a bit meh, personally i was really happy
that MB is back on a permanent, love that player ! Still, the biggest thing was holding onto our players
under pressure, that felt like we levelled up* and is a really big step going forward.

* Got to admit i felt a bid unsure about using " levelled up " has that already become a bit of an eye rolling joke
in the same way that the words woke and mellow have become or is it still ok to use ?
Remember that when we have the benefit of a fit Gorrin, he drops into CB when our full backs go forward.

I saw Herbie doing that against Wigan a lot, but the issue is none of our CMs are very proficient tacklers. It's why we did so badly against Lincoln, they worked out they could pretty much bypass our midfield by sprinting straight through it.

Yes the Head of Recruitment said we are looking at 2-3 OOC players.
The 3 obvious ones are.

Brandon Barker - ex oufc

Jerome Sinclair - ex oufc, friend of Kane & Brannagans

Sam Baldock - KR / brother at club already

All links with OUFC, KR.

Back
Top Bottom