Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Hardly inside information from that Tweet. Think we all know that!

I was always impressed with Thorniley. Played a big part in our promotion.
But it seems your gaffer seems to think Thorniley is worthy a lot it will take more than what cash he has offered to even include Jordan Thorniley.

Yeah ok. Let's just see what happens when Critchley leaves, and then we'll see whether or not you'll do a Barnsley. You were only one of 'the best teams in the league' in the sense that we were also.
Also, they were only 'one of the best teams in the league' for the last few months of the season - they didn't dominate from the start.

However these Blackpool fans seem sensible enough and interested in having a reasoned discussion.

It apparently your top earner is on 6.5k a week Cam is on 5k. He seems very settled here and may want to see where he could go with Oxford ie promotion, or he may want to sit out his contract and go for free and see who else is interested.

Cam has just had an illness that nearly finished his career. A move to Blackpool could give him an extra £500k over the length of his contract and the opportunity of playing the next 18 months or more in the Championship. Impress at Blackpool and he could get a move to a bigger Championship club on bigger wages again.

I love the kid and hope he stays, but the idea that there's no benefit in him going to Blackpool is insane.

Apart from CB I’ve noticed Aston Villa forward Cameron Archer is going on loan to Sunderland or Pompey! This is the type of player we should be looking at getting on loan so that we have better options off the bench than Winnall!
This is what we have to match to keep the promotion push alive, players coming in should be talked about, not players going out. We should be looking up not down. What are we, the club doing to bring the needed players in?

I don’t blame Blackpool really for trying to underpay on Cam. He’s out of contract in 6 months and will get offers that reflect a free transfer rather than a seven figure outlay. For a club that pays its players not dissimilar salaries to us, the cost of that transfer in fee and wages looks huge. A £200k saving for example would make a big difference.

I don’t blame Blackpool really for trying to underpay on Cam. He’s out of contract in 6 months and will get offers that reflect a free transfer rather than a seven figure outlay. For a club that pays its players not dissimilar salaries to us, the cost of that transfer in fee and wages looks huge. A £200k saving for example would make a big difference.
Cam has 18 months on his contract.

Blackpool either match the buyout or they can do one.

If they do, they then have to offer Cam terms that he finds acceptable. It doesn’t sound as if he’ll earn that much there!

11 days of January. No real link to anyone bar Browne on loan till end of season.

Don't expect too much, all the available money went on extending Kane's contract to the end of season.....except for the next 3 matches of course because we couldn't be arsed to appeal a dubious red card.

Not going to argue too much with that post but I think you’re being naive about the difference in quality. We were already one of the best teams in the league and we’ve had to improve massively. Jerry Yates is the best example of this. Best striker in League and now struggling to start. That’s just what happens when you go to the Championship, you have to improve significantly. You would have to do the same.
Chuck in Yates and Thorniley plus 1.25 and we may take notice

He’s out of contract in a few months & may have already spoken to OUFC as he’s free to sign a pre contract agreement. Delusional
They have a one year option on him.
Also you can’t talk to another club in England until 1 month before your contract is up.
You certainly can’t sign a pre contract agreement 6 months early. You can only do that with another club outside of England!

Cam has just had an illness that nearly finished his career. A move to Blackpool could give him an extra £500k over the length of his contract and the opportunity of playing the next 18 months or more in the Championship. Impress at Blackpool and he could get a move to a bigger Championship club on bigger wages again.

I love the kid and hope he stays, but the idea that there's no benefit in him going to Blackpool is insane.
He could do better

Good post. That’s probably why it collapsed in the summer and not moving forward.

If I can compliment you in some way, I’d be a lot more confident if we were trying to buy a Crewe or Doncaster player as opposed to an Oxford player playing in a team that are around the play offs.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom