Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

I don't get the constant rubbishing of Blackpool here. As things stand, they are better placed than us - recently promoted, a popular owner, a highly rated coach and doing pretty well in their first season back in the Championship. Granted, they are no West Brom, Fulham, etc - but Brannagan might decide now is the time to take his chances in the Championship. Things may change and I sincerely hope he stays, but as long as the release clause is triggered, the choice is his.

When Branagan was out last season McGuaine stepped up to the mark during one of our better spells last year. If Branagan goes let's hope he does same again.
CB will still need replacing or we will be down on numbers, cover wise.

I don't see the point in CB going to Blackpool if it was stoke or Preston a decent established championship team I could accept that but Blackpool are no different to us.I say offer him a new deal with wages plus Blackpool is a s**t hole who'd want to go there 😄

Parts of Blackpool might be a shithole but anyone with a decent grasp of Geography knows nearby towns are very prosperous. This is where the professional footballers live even some Preston players. Lytham, St.Annes, Poulton being a few examples. Quite often I stroll on Lytham front and see David Moyes. Happy to help.

Parts of Blackpool might be a shithole but anyone with a decent grasp of Geography knows nearby towns are very prosperous. This is where the professional footballers live even some Preston players. Lytham, St.Annes, Poulton being a few examples. Quite often I stroll on Lytham front and see David Moyes. Happy to help.
Yes his point was a silly one. The part of Oxford near the ground isn't the nicest but obviously the players live elsewhere in the county. I guess it's up to Cam now, Blackpool would be a decent but not amazing move for him, though he knows the manager. He might do better to see if a slightly bigger club will come in over the summer.

On the actual transfer itself, we have just pulled out of transfer deal worth 600k for Owen Dale at Crewe. We had him on loan with a future fee agreed in January. However, we have just found out that won't be happening. My guess is Blackpool want to put that amount towards Brannigan instead as Dale didn't meet our world class standards.

But it's so cold and wet, even in summer!

On the actual transfer itself, we have just pulled out of transfer deal worth 600k for Owen Dale at Crewe. We had him on loan with a future fee agreed in January. However, we have just found out that won't be happening. My guess is Blackpool want to put that amount towards Brannigan instead as Dale didn't meet our world class standards.
On the whole I agree with you. If you are looking at the list of Championship clubs there are bigger clubs than Blackpool. I guess what we have going for are:
- It's a proper football club with one of the best home atmospheres in the league. Most championship fans comment on this although I appreciate I doubt CB takes that into consideration.
- It's a club on the up with new owners and a real feel good factor.
- New state of the art Training Ground will be announced in the next couple of weeks.
- Plans to redevelop one stand in partnership with the council. Would potentially make the capacity around 20k.

No disrespect to Oxford but Blackpool is a step up whether you accept that or not. Blackpool FC have history and a passionate fan base.

On the whole I agree with you. If you are looking at the list of Championship clubs there are bigger clubs than Blackpool. I guess what we have going for are:
- It's a proper football club with one of the best home atmospheres in the league. Most championship fans comment on this although I appreciate I doubt CB takes that into consideration.
- New state of the art Training Ground will be announced in the next couple of weeks.
- Plans to redevelop one stand in partnership with the council. Would potentially make the capacity around 20k.

No disrespect to Oxford but Blackpool is a step up whether you accept that or not. Blackpool FC have history and a passionate fan base.
Well Oxford have history and a passionate fan base, and have new owners with plans for a new ground. At the moment Blackpool are in a higher league and are situated near Cameron's mum and dad, plus will no doubt pay him more.

But it's so cold and wet, even in summer!
Oxford isn't that far away! You could spin any argument... It's a much more relaxing and calming place to live without the hectic City traffic.

For the record, I like Oxford and a great City. Would never compare it to Blackpool but my point is you don't have to travel too far to find wealth and good areas in any parts of the UK.

Speaking to a friend at a meeting in Blackpool last night - the buyout clause is above their valuation of the player and they will not be matching it. Feels unlikely, at this point of the window.

You were doing well until the last sentence. Are you implying you have a 'history and a passionate fan base' and we don't?

I don't see the point in CB going to Blackpool if it was stoke or Preston a decent established championship team I could accept that but Blackpool are no different to us.I say offer him a new deal with wages plus Blackpool is a s**t hole who'd want to go there 😄
That's a little harsh.

Taking your OUFC hat off, if it were any other job you'd be moving to Blackpool to progress what is a short career for a footballer. If we are being realistic, CB should not really be plying his trade in League One. Commendably, he committed his future to the club for a longer duration than we could have expected from 99% of other footballers would with a similarly capable skill set.

The predominant factor which likely swings it in the favour of OUFC being that CB could realistically achieve something with the club in the next four-five months. Few footballers can sit back when they retire and boast a promotion. If (and it's a big 'if') that could be achieved by June, as a by-product of that success he would find himself in a Championship squad without the obvious turbulence of joining a new club. I would be surprised should he leave now given the above circumstances yet wouldn't if he left in the summer should the club fail in its promotion bid.

wouldnt get CB left leg with 600k

You were doing well until the last sentence. Are you implying you have a 'history and a passionate fan base' and we don't?
I guess I could have said it better. You have decent history for League One but not in the same league as Blackpool although I appreciate TV's were black and white back then! You also have decent crowds for League One although perhaps not if you take the size of your city into consideration. I just think Blackpool is a bigger name in football and Bloomfield Road will be a far better atmosphere than your 3 sided ground which is only really fit for League One. Maybe your new stadium will change that and give you the chance to move forward as a club.

I am trying my best not to be biased although I appreciate I might be failing.

• Wow
Reactions: Ian
wouldnt get CB left leg with 600k

I said contribute. I would have guessed we would have had that 600k as an expense to Crewe but potentially we can put that now towards Brannigan. Paying the other 600k will not be a problem if the club feel he is worth that.

• React
Reactions: Ian
W
I guess I could have said it better. You have decent history for League One but not in the same league as Blackpool although I appreciate TV's were black and white back then! You also have decent crowds for League One although perhaps not if you take the size of your city into consideration. I just think Blackpool is a bigger name in football and Bloomfield Road will be a far better atmosphere than your 3 sided ground which is only really fit for League One. Maybe your new stadium will change that and give you the chance to move forward as a club.

I am trying my best not to be biased although I appreciate I might be failing.
Well we've had three seasons in the top league since colour TV came in, you've had one - though it was a great one to watch! We've won a major trophy, can't remember if you have done so in living memory. There's not really a lot in it, Cam wouldn't be mving to go to a 'bigger club'. I think he likes to play every week so might not want to be somewhere like Blackburn where wouldn't be a guaranteed starter.

Back
Top Bottom