Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Today's bench of Stevens, McNally, Mousinho, Davis, Bodin, Whyte, Winnall highlights the need for 2 or 3 new players in this window, to give us a bit more depth.

Although we are missing Henry, Forde & Holland today, who would have made that bench look much stronger (plus Gorrin, but I'm not sure we can expect him to play again this year......)

Still broadly agree though - this January is all about improving our depth.

Aaron Drinan from Leyton Orient. Young Irish striker with 10 goals in 18 games, got a decent record with young Irish talent and could probably manage the step up at least as cover for Taylor to start with.
What sort of player is he?

Was in a very good young Cork side alongside Ogbene
Taller younger23 version of Taylor, has Taylor’s instinct in the box, but scores as many from distance. (Outside box)
plays upfront alongside Smith as a 2, but has the pace and ability to be used wider, decent crosser of the ball.
Not clever enough to put up clips of his hatrick against Hartlepool or double against Swindon.
Also got one and penalty in shoot out against Dickies QPR

Last edited:
What we need is Nicky Cadden, Marcus Browne, Harrison or a similar different option up front and a defensive mid. Need to let Cooper resign for that pub team in Ireland, drop mousinho, gorrin from the squad and let agyei and Hanson go out on loan. Also we need Moore, Sykes and Henry all to sign new deals, sign Thorniley on a permanent. No selling Brannagan either, anything less then this and we have thrown a great opportunity at a push for promotion.

What we need is Nicky Cadden, Marcus Browne, Harrison or a similar different option up front and a defensive mid. Need to let Cooper resign for that pub team in Ireland, drop mousinho, gorrin from the squad and let agyei and Hanson go out on loan. Also we need Moore, Sykes and Henry all to sign new deals, sign Thorniley on a permanent. No selling Brannagan either, anything less then this and we have thrown a great opportunity at a push for promotion.
Not asking for much are you?! (I agree if all this happened it would be amazing tho!)

Not asking for much are you?! (I agree if all this happened it would be amazing tho!)

Well I didn't ask for Ronaldo, Lakaku, Chilwell and Kante lol. I just think we're in a great position and not to do reasonable buisness in January would undo all the hard work on and off the field during the first half of the season.

Only a short cameo, but he looked OK against Wimbledon.

And therein lies the problem. Being ‘OK’ in the case of Winnall and Agyei isn’t really good enough to reflect our ambitions. We all know that a back up option probably won’t be as good as Taylor but they have to be offering more than those two have this season. 30 appearances between them up until now, mostly as subs granted, and two goals in EFL Trophy games. Neither are offering enough to the cause.

Jerome Sinclair still without a club. Can certainly play the number 9 role and has a bit of pace to offer something different to Matt Taylor.

No inside knowledge on this one. Just based on KR liking the player and his being available.

Jerome Sinclair still without a club. Can certainly play the number 9 role and has a bit of pace to offer something different to Matt Taylor.

No inside knowledge on this one. Just based on KR liking the player and his being available.
I think we need to move on from Sinclair. He is a very rich young man I'm not sure he has the appetite for League 1 football in reality.

It’s tempting if he’s just sat there waiting for a call, but if he hasn’t played since April he’ll be in no shape to contribute
I like the idea of this on a short term deal. Bring in something different. Probably knows Cam and Herbie from his Liverpool days. Did KR coach him at Liverpool youth?

Back
Top Bottom