Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Is this the funniest Sunderland season in League One yet? Losing 6-0 to a mid table side, putting together a huge marketing campaign to sell tickets for Defoe’s ‘homecoming’ match at home to the division’s worst club, only to lose 2-1, and then having that player retire, with 0 goals or assists, less than two months later. Unreal.

Is this the funniest Sunderland season in League One yet? Losing 6-0 to a mid table side, putting together a huge marketing campaign to sell tickets for Defoe’s ‘homecoming’ match at home to the division’s worst club, only to lose 2-1, and then having that player retire, with 0 goals or assists, less than two months later. Unreal.
Oh dear , how sad . Phew!!!!!!

Th Sunderland circus continues I'm just glad we support a proper team 😏

Really? Are you trying to give praise/ aportion blame?
It was a club decision presumably ( we will never know how that decision was made I would think)
Not me personally. There was a message before mine saying ‘imagine what people would be saying now about KR if we’d signed Defoe’ or similar. I was simply asking the question if our, now intelligent, decision not to sign him was down to KR, or not? Seems a reasonable thing to ask

I’ve already got my coat on.
We have a good friend who is a diehard Mackem so I wanted to fix to have a drink with him at the Catherine Wheel before the home game. He has informed us that he won't be coming to the game (he lives in London) and that he is ashamed to support his team at the moment. I am a course a great believer in supporting your club through thick and thin but I'm sure we all recognise moments where owners, management and players conspire to turn a club into a cesspit and it's hard to know what to do as a faithful supporter. Having said that, of course, I want us to pummel them mercilessly on April 9th.

I am shocked a 39 year old striker who was largely known for his sharpness and nippy pace doesn't fancy it in League One after a couple of seasons of rarely playing.

Bet Alex Neil is delighted at his remaining striker options.

We have a good friend who is a diehard Mackem so I wanted to fix to have a drink with him at the Catherine Wheel before the home game. He has informed us that he won't be coming to the game (he lives in London) and that he is ashamed to support his team at the moment. I am a course a great believer in supporting your club through thick and thin but I'm sure we all recognise moments where owners, management and players conspire to turn a club into a cesspit and it's hard to know what to do as a faithful supporter. Having said that, of course, I want us to pummel them mercilessly on April 9th.
Why are they so angry?

Why are they so angry?

Entitlement does that to them.

It still needs a punchline. A whacky own goal in a must win game at the end of the season that sees them miss out on the play-offs would be just the ticket.

I am shocked a 39 year old striker who was largely known for his sharpness and nippy pace doesn't fancy it in League One after a couple of seasons of rarely playing.

Bet Alex Neil is delighted at his remaining striker options.

To be fair - Ross Stewart (the 'Loch Ness Drogba'.....bwa ha ha) is the leading scorer in League One this year!

Entitlement does that to them.

It still needs a punchline. A whacky own goal in a must win game at the end of the season that sees them miss out on the play-offs would be just the ticket.
Get the beach ball out again.

Back
Top Bottom