Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Liam Gallagher.

Need cover for Taylor and he was a great frontman. Best years are probably behind him though.
Some Might Say that Matt Taylor will Live Forever. He might slow a little. Whatever, you have to understand The Importance of Being Idle. He's not exactly been on the Cigarettes and Alcohol or acting like a Rock 'n Roll Star. He's still very much part of The Masterplan, and if things get tough I hope he's there to Stand by Me and Don't Go Away.

D'You Know What I Mean!

I would imagine that Winnall, Bodin and Hanson will be on very decent wages for this level, so losing those would definitely provide Robbo with a lot of wriggle room wage budget wise.

Though the problem is that if they're on very decent wages for this level, it becomes that much harder to find a taker for them.

Other lower league clubs aren't going to want to spend a chunk on players who have shown that they're not able to boss it at League One level.
And I doubt that Winnall & Hanson in particular are going to agree to give up anything of what's owed to them, when they both surely know that they're at the tail end of their last big money contracts in the game.

I could be wrong - I hope I am - but I suspect we're still going to have to pay them all regardless......at least the vast majority of what they're owed (you may find a League Two club that's willing to pay a %).

Which is all to say that I doubt that KR is going to be able to create the space in the budget that he needs to bring in the number and quality of players that we want, simply by shipping out fringe players. I think it's going to come down to a case of whether the Board thinks we're close enough to the automatics to go for it this year by increasing that budget in January.

Though the problem is that if they're on very decent wages for this level, it becomes that much harder to find a taker for them.

Other lower league clubs aren't going to want to spend a chunk on players who have shown that they're not able to boss it at League One level.
And I doubt that Winnall & Hanson in particular are going to agree to give up anything of what's owed to them, when they both surely know that they're at the tail end of their last big money contracts in the game.

I could be wrong - I hope I am - but I suspect we're still going to have to pay them all regardless......at least the vast majority of what they're owed (you may find a League Two club that's willing to pay a %).

Which is all to say that I doubt that KR is going to be able to create the space in the budget that he needs to bring in the number and quality of players that we want, simply by shipping out fringe players. I think it's going to come down to a case of whether the Board thinks we're close enough to the automatics to go for it this year by increasing that budget in January.
Squad numbers innit. Someone's going to have to shift. Maybe Mous to make way for a new defender

Squad numbers innit. Someone's going to have to shift. Maybe Mous to make way for a new defender

Not arguing that we may need to shift Hanson or Winnall.

Just arguing with the notion that we'll definitely save enough money to pay for their replacements if we do.

Not arguing that we may need to shift Hanson or Winnall.

Just arguing with the notion that we'll definitely save enough money to pay for their replacements if we do.
KR has said that he needs to move players out if he wants to bring new ones in.
I suspect that he will want to offload Winnall, Hanson, Agyei and maybe move Mous out of the squad. Even Bodin could more somewhere to get more game time?

I agree that it won't make big savings (Hanson and Winnall may need to be paid off).

KR has said that he needs to move players out if he wants to bring new ones in.
I suspect that he will want to offload Winnall, Hanson, Agyei and maybe move Mous out of the squad. Even Bodin could more somewhere to get more game time?

I agree that it won't make big savings (Hanson and Winnall may need to be paid off).
Cooper will free up a space.... apparently he doesn't feature in KRs plans post Jan.... think someone ITK ( @Scotchegg ? ) said Cooper had already gone back to NI

Cooper will free up a space.... apparently he doesn't feature in KRs plans post Jan.... think someone ITK ( @Scotchegg ? ) said Cooper had already gone back to NI

Really can't understand the situation with Cooper. He's been given no chances whatsoever except the PJ Trophy against Spurs when he played well and scored 2 goals., something Aygei failed to do in the same match.
Is it a personality clash with KR or does he simply not rate him based on training ground performance. In which case, why did he even sign him?

Really can't understand the situation with Cooper. He's been given no chances whatsoever except the PJ Trophy against Spurs when he played well and scored 2 goals., something Aygei failed to do in the same match.
Is it a personality clash with KR or does he simply not rate him based on training ground performance. In which case, why did he even sign him?

Cooper wanted to go back home so no point trying to develop a player that doesn't want to be here.

Moore has another year on his contract.
Whether that’s a club option or another clause in his contract. But isn’t a free agent this summer.

In talks to get Browne back and want another Left back

Didn't realise we had another year option on Moore. We need another striker though.

Back
Top Bottom