Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Genuinely surprised Simms has gone to a L1 club at all to be honest! Looked a cert for a Championship move. Mapp did seem to have connections at Everton if I remember rightly, signed Lundstram and Kenny from them in our promotion season. Not sure if that could have had any bearing at all 6 years later, mind!

Yes - that does rather up the ante doesn't it - Lincoln are hardly high flyers but perhaps they could offer him pretty much guaranteed first team football.
The top teams, and pretenders like Lincoln, really are upping the bar with the quality of players they are bringing in, to the point where if these three players didnt materialise then you can forget top 6. They also need to be bang on the money, not the young premiership upstart brought in at the last minute. What does it signify if the board dont support him in this window?

The top teams, and pretenders like Lincoln, really are upping the bar with the quality of players they are bringing in, to the point where if these three players didnt materialise then you can forget top 6. They also need to be bang on the money, not the young premiership upstart brought in at the last minute. What does it signify if the board dont support him in this window?

Is Ellis Simms not a “young premiership upstart”?

It’s also the Premier League, has been for 15 years

Well if we weren't, why weren't we??

Err. Because there could be a myriad of reasons why. Wages, player not wanting to move south, agent’s demands. With that logic, we should have been in the running for Digne and Coutinho too. Curse the club for not securing them - definite lack of ambition!

I’m not going to beat the club with a stick for not getting him. He’s simply a player that a lot of us on here admire. Who knows whether he was a target or not.

I’m not sure I’ll believe Simms is back in League One until I see him holding a Lincoln (or whoever shirt). He’s levels above this division.

I think it's probably best to judge this transfer window on the 1st of February because how it's looking at the moment isn't very positive ☹️

Back
Top Bottom