January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mention of hyperbolic statements followed by "time is running out.'

Well yes it is I guess but three days is a hell of a long time and there is no danger yet of us ending up empty handed. If there is no news at 7pm on Thursday, that's the time to worry.

I'd be surprised if we sign anyone before Thursday, and I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if we don't have at least one in by the end of the day.

If we fail to bring anyone in then that's the biggest failure of KR's so far, and that's saying something. There is basically no chance of it happening, I just hope they are good enough.

Well, sorry for stating the obvious but indeed, time is running out! Nothing hyperbolic about that. We're operating within a limited time-frame and as of right now, we have made no progress (that we know of). If this was a project I had to deliver for my employers, I'd be under serious pressure and under some strong questioning because as a whole, this season is a failure and I would be asked to justify why that is the case! No different here...

What makes you so sure we're going to sign anyone?

I'm sure we will sign a striker. Whether that's just one or the two we need, someone young on loan or a proper experienced player - time will tell (and I have my suspicions). When you've cocked up recruitment as badly as we did in the summer then trying to correct it in January when you are a bit financially embarrassed is virtually impossible.
I am willing to bet that phrases like 'we have confidence in our own young players' and 'time for the U23s to step up and show what they can do' will feature in a press release before the end of the week....

You have to understand that there are still a few good forwards available on the market. And until they are signed elsewhere Robinson can't begin to troll through the dregs for someone.

James Vaughan, Sam Surridge, Tyrese Campbell.

3 players who maybe allowed to leave once their clubs have signed someone.

Are these the dregs you mention?

Well, sorry for stating the obvious but indeed, time is running out! Nothing hyperbolic about that. We're operating within a limited time-frame and as of right now, we have made no progress (that we know of). If this was a project I had to deliver for my employers, I'd be under serious pressure and under some strong questioning because as a whole, this season is a failure and I would be asked to justify why that is the case! No different here...

What makes you so sure we're going to sign anyone?

Because the club has said multiple times that they want to. Because Karl Robinson's career as a football manager may be over if we don't. Because the board will be desperate for us not to go down. Because we have players saying that we need to. Because we have been linked to multiple strikers in the press. Because we will.

These are all more compelling arguments than just the fact that another day has passed.

Co

Maybe allowed, but their clubs may not sign anyone so I would hope Robinson is looking elsewhere nowand not 5/6pm Thursday shot we waited for that waste of space Smith so rather than waiting for a parent club to MAYBE sign, KR should be looking elsewhere.

We will sign a striker by the deadline, hopefully two. It’s a gamble to wait, but we may get a better deal if we let it go to the wire.
I know you are a negative troll, and that you must get a kick from it, but I must say your comments are becoming quite sad & pathetic really. Mostly I feel sad for you, and the apparent emptiness in your life that causes you to spend most of your time posting negativity on here. ?

I think we will all be surprised, with the recruitment of the two strikers ( both 20+ goals per season) signed for 3yrs on F**k all wages, plus the new 4 back line defenders and couple of new mid fielders, that all agreed long term contracts ( secretly ) before the transfer window.

Everyone will be out buying gifts for Tiger and Karl....... Happy New Year ???????????????????

Wonder if Brett Pittman might be available now Pomepey have just signed Omar Bogle must limit BP’s chances even more. He certainly didn’t seem happy in the game against us.

Ah, this waiting game is not fun at all... this is nai biting and someone half decent up front at Burton on Saturday would be nice. Wishful, thinking maybe, but we will see. If no one comes, think there will be dwindling of gates and fury towards the directors and KR.

35 year supporting the club and it does seem in a shambolic state, both on and off the field.

I will see you all at Burton, whatever happens I will still follow my team...

I think Pitman would be a great addition - Hawkins and Bogle now ahead of him at Pompey. He clearly still has goals in him - that was no fluke of an overhead he scored against us a couple of weeks ago. He puts chances away and we create chances - but have no "finisher" at the moment. Only issue is that every club knows we are getting desperate and I sure Pompey will scr&w us for a hefty fee. But if we are going to get out of this mess we need to be proactive and so get the cheque book out (does anyone still use a cheque book??) and get him in..........please!

Pompey would have nothing to lose from letting us have Pitman. We’ve played them twice with no prospect to playing them again this year. I’m happy for us to be the side that takes points off others with Pitman allowing Portsmouth to get promoted and us stay up.

Won’t happen though.

If there are no new players in by midnight on Thursday are we doomed?

That owner would certainly have a lot to answer for. Should KR really be spending his time on a European road trip?

Robinson’s credibility is low at the momnet but if there is no activity of any worth ie striker(s) that is known to be able score and not striker (s) who couldn’t hit a barn door and no one who has been heard off then his credibility will be gone completely

That combined with another Bury, and even Teflon will be/should be looking over his shoulder.
Other clubs in this division have been bringing in players this window, without any of the sh*te that kr came out with in October/November, about preparations being put in place.

would take any of them. Although Vaughan is allowed to leave if they keep Grigg so that would go right down to the wire. Tyrese Cambell looks like a very good prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom