January 2019 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I struggle with positivity when were heading for relegation and brassic.

I will though in that case keep my counsel til after the deadline. Hopefully it will be a wave of positivity on here.

Not the only one to have noticed that.
I’m concerned but fully behind the team

A bad defeat tomorrow? They are leaving any announcement (if there is one!) until the morning after to cheer us all up. I wish I beleved this.

I struggle with positivity when were heading for relegation and brassic.

I will though in that case keep my counsel til after the deadline. Hopefully it will be a wave of positivity on here.

I coming over all religious. Please don’t disappoint me by breaking another promise Kip

Absolutely Salaghaf- no need for negativity right- things are brilliant!

Not quite.

There is no need to point out the bleedin' obvious all the time; we can all see the problems this club has.
There is no need for gratuitous negativity; plenty enough bad things happen without a gloomy pessimistic spin on the few things that aren't bad.
There is no need to wallow in all that bad things that happen to us - that's just weird.

There is every need for balanced objectivity, and there is every need for cautious optimism on the rare occasions it's possible.

Try it! You might like it!

(you probably won't)

Stoke player being linked is Tyrese Campbell, 19 years old, 7 appearances for Stoke, no goals.

Was previously at Man City and played fir England U17.

Him and another would be bodies in the building!!! He appears to have good pedigree just needs game time, we can certainly give that!!

Stoke player being linked is Tyrese Campbell, 19 years old, 7 appearances for Stoke, no goals.

Him and another would be bodies in the building!!! He appears to have good pedigree just needs game time, we can certainly give that!!
Got a brace against Shrewsbury in there 3-2 FA Cup defeat

He scored two on his full debut against Shrewsbury.

Son of Kevin Campbell.

Previously at Man City along with Ashley Smith-Brown and Issac Buckley Richards? They were good weren’t they

Sounds like Karl is already setting up his excuses.
No reason to suggest his comments are anything but accurate - many managers are in exactly the same position every window.
I wonder whether the player they agreed terms with last week, but put on hold is still available,

Also, James Vaughan started for Wigan on Saturday and we know we were monitoring him from what Jerome has said in the past.

Think it's fairly obvious to anyone with half a braincell that we will sign at least one striker by Friday. The key questions are whether it will be only one, and whether they will be good enough.

I doubt we will know the answer to those before 11pm on Thursday. So to all of those planning on doing their nut on here every minute of every day until then... it's about as pointless as KR's snippets to the press are.

My doctor often tells me I only have half a brain cell tatabanya - please tell me why it's "obvious" we will sign somebody?

Think it's fairly obvious to anyone with half a braincell that we will sign at least one striker by Friday. The key questions are whether it will be only one, and whether they will be good enough.

I doubt we will know the answer to those before 11pm on Thursday. So to all of those planning on doing their nut on here every minute of every day until then... it's about as pointless as KR's snippets to the press are.

I think the only fairly obvious thing is that it's not fairly obvious at all! All a load of hyperbolic statements with nothing to really give them any credibility. "Oh I've been in my car driving to god knows where, to watch a 14 year old play tiddlywinks" - Good stuff KR! All of that, just to return with nothing. Time is running out.

Robinson’s credibility is low at the momnet but if there is no activity of any worth ie striker(s) that is known to be able score and not striker (s) who couldn’t hit a barn door and no one who has been heard off then his credibility will be gone completely

I think the only fairly obvious thing is that it's not fairly obvious at all! All a load of hyperbolic statements with nothing to really give them any credibility. "Oh I've been in my car driving to god knows where, to watch a 14 year old play tiddlywinks" - Good stuff KR! All of that, just to return with nothing. Time is running out.

Mention of hyperbolic statements followed by "time is running out.'

Well yes it is I guess but three days is a hell of a long time and there is no danger yet of us ending up empty handed. If there is no news at 7pm on Thursday, that's the time to worry.

I'd be surprised if we sign anyone before Thursday, and I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if we don't have at least one in by the end of the day.

If we fail to bring anyone in then that's the biggest failure of KR's so far, and that's saying something. There is basically no chance of it happening, I just hope they are good enough.

You have to understand that there are still a few good forwards available on the market. And until they are signed elsewhere Robinson can't begin to troll through the dregs for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom