Transfer News January 2018 Transfer Window Rumours

I’m imaging Sheffield United are among those who’ve expressed an interest.

Speaking of the Blades, there’s an interview with Big Sam in the Times today in which he named Wilder as one of the next generation of managers of his ilk. Praise from Caesar!

I’m not calling him Big Chris

I’m imaging Sheffield United are among those who’ve expressed an interest.

Speaking of the Blades, there’s an interview with Big Sam in the Times today in which he named Wilder as one of the next generation of managers of his ilk. Praise from Caesar!

I’m not calling him Big Chris

Big Chip.

That Times article also references us pipping Blackpool to promotion and Big Sam subsequently losing his job. Ho Ho!

Ariyibi's availability was circulated by Forest as they knew MK would be sending him back, he was an alternative option if we didn't get Buckley-Ricketts.

Convinced that Eastwood himself isn't interested in a move (in this window anyway). Ledson - who knows what is actually going on there. It's clear that the bids are stepping up over time. Can see Preston being "gazumped" in the final stages of the window, a bit like Hull were by Boro for Marvin.

Can see Raglan going out on loan next week. I imagine Dickie has taken his place as main back-up for the moment due the extent of his injury.
Then one or both of Martin/Williamson will be released in the summer. Leaving us with Dickie, Raglan, Mousinho, Martin/Williamson, Nelson as CBs for next season.

I think Canice probably would have gone out in this window if Ribs hadn't have had to retire.
Think we may see a signing of a experienced right back with Canice going out on a half-season loan in the summer. He is only 19 last week so as Pep has alluded to before, needs to be handled properly and helped to learn the game. 20 plus games as a regular at a L2 side e.g. Exeter would be excellent for his development.

Last edited:
So as Lego was in the squad today does that mean he's not going yet?!

He didn’t seem in the best of moods though. Anyone notice him and Eastwood having a conversation at the end with their hands covering their mouths? Also noticed Eastwood give a wave after clapping, hopefully it wasn’t a goodbye.

He didn't look himself. Watched him in the warm up and he just stood around for most of it talking. Then ended up doing passing with a coach instead of joining in with others, to then when he came on he just seemed to hoof the ball whenever it came near him.

Something isn't right.

He didn't look himself. Watched him in the warm up and he just stood around for most of it talking. Then ended up doing passing with a coach instead of joining in with others, to then when he came on he just seemed to hoof the ball whenever it came near him.

Something isn't right.

Maybe he is ill? He didn’t look himself - he always gives 100% but looking as though he was struggling to run without really blowing.

Pep walked over to shake Maguire’s hand when he was taken off. What’s that all that about?

Maybe he is ill? He didn’t look himself - he always gives 100% but looking as though he was struggling to run without really blowing.

Agreed. If I were Ledson I wouldn't be my normal self either. Under Mapp, playing alongide Lunny, he was enjoying games and learning, and playing 'men's' football for the first time. Mapp and Lunny, plus half of his team mates from last season, leave and in come a mixed bag of players, most with no knowledge of league 1 and some with questionable ability/fitness. He has nobody to play the Lunny role (no disrespect to Ruffles but he's a totally different type of player) and nobody with pace to pass to, so sometimes he tries the long passes/runs himself which don't come off. To me he looks like one of only 3 or 4 players with the ability/desire to actally achieve something, but at the moment he's not allowed to play his natual role, has little support, and his head has dropped. It must be so disheartening to see what's going on around you, especially at his young age.

His form has been patchy, he's been dropped for a few games, crowd is unhappy, championship team(s) are interested in him. Who wouldn't have his head turned (with or without a bad knee and a virus ?)?

Any player with ambition will be looking closely at the chances to move. A footballers career is short lived and no one wants their record tarnished with defeats and poor performances. I wouldn't blame any of the youngsters for wanting away. I would be mighty pissed off with the club for letting it get to that point though.

If Ledson is ill, and there’s a lot going around, I have it myself, then why is Pep even playing him? It was difficult enough to pick myself up just to watch yesterday with my virus/flu or whatever it is. Like others have said, I’d be amazed if he isn’t pissed off at the s**t that has replaced some of his old teammates. I saw him having a pop at DT over the pass back and Lego didn’t look happy at all. I know one thing though, he wouldn’t have shushed us if he’d scored. Have gone right off Henry, not that I was ever impressed with him anyway.

Something isn't right.
Yes your probably right and it’s a thing called Clotet

If Ledson is ill, and there’s a lot going around, I have it myself, then why is Pep even playing him? It was difficult enough to pick myself up just to watch yesterday with my virus/flu or whatever it is. Like others have said, I’d be amazed if he isn’t pissed off at the s**t that has replaced some of his old teammates. I saw him having a pop at DT over the pass back and Lego didn’t look happy at all. I know one thing though, he wouldn’t have shushed us if he’d scored. Have gone right off Henry, not that I was ever impressed with him anyway.

Because when half the squad are out next week after being infected with what Ledsons got Pep will have another ready made excuse as to why we’ve been dicked again

If Ledson wasn’t in the squad yesterday, everyone would have assumed that he was off and some would have pointed fingers at the club.

Ledson would have told Pep is was ok to play, as he seems like the type who wants to play every game and not let anyone down. There is no way they would have forced him to play against his will. If he declared himself fit enough to play, not sure how you can blame Pep.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Yeah, didn’t want a 20yo wing back anyway ?
I bet you wanted Memeheti, Tiendalli, Xemi and Pekalski as well, you know something about this player that we are going to love? Stick to what we know it’s easier

Back
Top Bottom