Ex Player Jack Stevens

It can only mean Jed Steer is leaving Villa if they are after Jack.

if Martinez coudn't claim the jersey at Arsenal then he aint going to city or Liverpool so any move is a sideways one at best which would be pointless.

Would have thought that our new younger Itk's would have been allover this Stevens stuff if it had legs

But and it's a big but, if a Premier League club has/does come in with a decent offer for an Oxford L1 player is there really any other option but to sell? Most players would jump at the chance to sign.
without doubt so the sooner we pull our fingers out and reach the heady heights of Top 30 the better before the conveyor belts grinds to a halt.

if Martinez coudn't claim the jersey at Arsenal then he aint going to city or Liverpool so any move is a sideways one at best which would be pointless.

Would have thought that our new younger Itk's would have been allover this Stevens stuff if it had legs
Martinez was outstanding for Arsenal in their FA Cup and Community Shield wins and the last few league games due to an injury to Leno. Arteta did admit later that they had made a mistake in letting him go, better keeper than Leno, got a decent contract at Villa so cant see him leaving any time soon

without doubt so the sooner we pull our fingers out and reach the heady heights of Top 30 the better before the conveyor belts grinds to a halt.
What do you mean by 'pull our fingers out'? Given the losses the club generally make, what do you think the club should be doing differently to try and break even?

What do you mean by 'pull our fingers out'? Given the losses the club generally make, what do you think the club should be doing differently to try and break even?
I assume that with the new owners and presumably the plan to get a new stadium Tigers model will be changed a little and the plan will be to get to the Championship asap

If someone is going in for Jack Stevens - and its 2m for example, we have to do business!
The only thing that is worrying me right now is that we tend to be looking after the interests of others before our own by selling before replacing. Its a case of no s**t Sherlock when saying we need a left sided centre back.

If someone is going in for Jack Stevens - and its 2m for example, we have to do business!
The only thing that is worrying me right now is that we tend to be looking after the interests of others before our own by selling before replacing. Its a case of no s**t Sherlock when saying we need a left sided centre back.
£2m for a L1 goalie is far too much, we'd probably be looking at £500k plus add ons sadly.

Villa have Martinez, Jed steer and I think two very highly rated u23 keepers at the club already, JS would soon disappear if he went there....
Just checked, and they have Copa America winner Martinez and Jed steer who has a number of prem appearances already who would be ahead of JS.
Third choice kalinic is on a season long loan away, so if he does sign he would be in competition with the Finnish u21 keeper for the backup backup slot

Back
Top Bottom