Jack Payne - RECALLED

Agree with the United fans comments above.
He will deputise for Dack I reckon. He is an out and out number 10. He can play wide but is less effective. He could play in a 4-3-3 I guess.

He’s impressed in the games he’s played for us. Do you really need him, as you’re absolutely flying at the moment

Centre midfield is a problem position for us. Peter Whittingham has been a real let down since we took him on in the summer. Richie Smallwood has been a revelation (from Boro) and he breaks play up really well, but we need a bit of guile and quality.

I do a little report on a Rovers message board for the away games I go to and I said after the Oxford game that we really missed a midfielder who could dictate the game, particularly in the second half when we let you back in to it instead of slowing it down and killing you off. You may or may not remember that Corry Evans went off after 50mins through injury - we brought on a big black fella called Rekeem Harper who we had on loan from WBA - he looked like a rabbit in the headlights and was so careless with the ball. First and last time I saw him funnily enough.... he's been sent back to the Hawthorns now.

Anyway, if Rothwell can put his foot on the ball and dictate the tempo of a game then I can understand Mowbray being interested.

As for flying, performances aren't particularly convincing but we do seem to keep getting results. February is a huge month for us having finally got into 2nd place - hoping to put some distance between us and Shrewsbury now.

Agree with the United fans comments above.
He will deputise for Dack I reckon. He is an out and out number 10. He can play wide but is less effective. He could play in a 4-3-3 I guess.

There is a lot of speculation that Dack is a target for plenty of Championship clubs. It would be a travesty for us to lose him in the run in, but I do wonder whether Mowbray has seen it coming...

There is a lot of speculation that Dack is a target for plenty of Championship clubs. It would be a travesty for us to lose him in the run in, but I do wonder whether Mowbray has seen it coming...

Given the way you play and the fact you will in all probability be going up this year, that situation wouldn't be an awful one for you though. Millions to spend from the sale of Dack (either now or in summer), like for like replacement in Payne who has proven himself as a cut above (at least at the start of the season) and whom you may convince to sign permanently if you go up.

I certainly wouldn't be too upset...

Given the way you play and the fact you will in all probability be going up this year, that situation wouldn't be an awful one for you though. Millions to spend from the sale of Dack (either now or in summer), like for like replacement in Payne who has proven himself as a cut above (at least at the start of the season) and whom you may convince to sign permanently if you go up.

I certainly wouldn't be too upset...

I wouldn't be so sure. A quote from The Times who did a piece on Mowbray stopping the rot at Blackburn...

"In the summer, 15 players left and 14 arrived, including Dominic Samuel and Bradley Dack, from Reading and Gillingham respectively for a combined £1.25 million — a figure five times as much as the total outlay of four previous transfer windows, during which time about £30 million was raised through player sales."

I know that we've got a reputation as big spenders in this division and truthfully I don't know where we sit in the League One spending stakes, but our owners aren't frightened of squirreling away the pennies. That, combined with their complete cock-up in trusting a certain agent and his so- called manager client is why we have had a pretty miserable 7 years.

Anyway, we'll enjoy this form whilst it lasts!

Back
Top Bottom