Jack Payne - RECALLED

I heard that clotet did not want to bring him in the first place and was a signing made by the back room team. But he had to use him as it would have caused trouble to Eales

So he won't be sorry to see him go. We are a better TEAM without the sulking little s**t
"Sulking"? On what basis? Always put in a shift whenever I saw him play. Why spread nonsense like that around with literally nothing to back it up?!

"Sulking"? On what basis? Always put in a shift whenever I saw him play. Why spread nonsense like that around with literally nothing to back it up?!
I watched him play and he clearly sulked when it didn't go his way. Rumours have it he was like it in training as well

Didn't seem to have an attitude problem from what I saw of him.

Bit of a sh*tbag move from Huddersfield mind, but hey - that's what you risk with a loan. Best of luck to Jack, decent player and did alright for us in a fairly disappointing season.

Didn't seem to have an attitude problem from what I saw of him.

Bit of a sh*tbag move from Huddersfield mind, but hey - that's what you risk with a loan. Best of luck to Jack, decent player and did alright for us in a fairly disappointing season.

I suspect the deal was on the table whilst he was here. Closer to home, better team, chance of promotion. If it were you or I we’d do the same thing.
Also considering things aren’t great at Oxford at the minute. The Football has gone backwards this season.

I don't think there would have much for Huddersfield to gain in recalling him and then sending him out again.
Payne must have asked for the move.
This is a commercial decision on Huddersfields part I would have thought. Blackburn are probably paying a greater percentage of Paynes wages. He is probably on around £8k a week so what could Oxford afford to pay of that compared to Blackburn. Its a no brainer for them.

Im not too worried about Payne going back, i think it was a struggle to see where he fits in a 4-4-2, hes no CM, LM etc hes a number 10.

Our best player goes to a divisional rival. Excellent.

I don't really consider Blackburn a divisional rival. They're a class above this league and will go up automatically, and would likely have beaten us at their place regardless of which team Payne was lining up for. Our aim, optimistically, is playoffs. If anything, it benefits us that Blackburn are that much stronger, as they're more likely to take points off our rivals for a playoff spot.

Hi All, I'm a Blackburn fan and have been reading through to learn a little bit more about Payne. I was at the game in November when we managed to win 4-2 at your place and he was the standout player in both sides in my opinion. It took him a while to grow in to the game but from about 25 minutes onwards he was giving our defenders big problems.

Just as an aside, apart from us scoring 3 goals with as many shots in the first 20minutes, I didn't think there was much between the two sides that evening. I can tell you that everyone in the away end breathed a big sigh of relief when we got the 4th - never felt comfortable after Payne scored that absolute cracker.

Anyway, we play a 4-2-3-1 with Bradley Dack as No.10. One thing is certain, he won't be taking Dack's place - Rovers fans haven't been this excited about a player since we signed Ossy Ardiles I don't think! So, my question is whether anyone thinks he can play in either wide role or whether perhaps he could sit deeper in a midfield 2? Having only seen him once, he looked to me like he needs a free role rather than having to think about defending.

I agree with a few posters above by the way - It's a bit shitty of Huddersfield to recall him and loan him out straight away. Hope it doesn't impact your season too much - sounds like 4-4-2 is the way forward now?

Hi All, I'm a Blackburn fan and have been reading through to learn a little bit more about Payne. I was at the game in November when we managed to win 4-2 at your place and he was the standout player in both sides in my opinion. It took him a while to grow in to the game but from about 25 minutes onwards he was giving our defenders big problems.

Just as an aside, apart from us scoring 3 goals with as many shots in the first 20minutes, I didn't think there was much between the two sides that evening. I can tell you that everyone in the away end breathed a big sigh of relief when we got the 4th - never felt comfortable after Payne scored that absolute cracker.

Anyway, we play a 4-2-3-1 with Bradley Dack as No.10. One thing is certain, he won't be taking Dack's place - Rovers fans haven't been this excited about a player since we signed Ossy Ardiles I don't think! So, my question is whether anyone thinks he can play in either wide role or whether perhaps he could sit deeper in a midfield 2? Having only seen him once, he looked to me like he needs a free role rather than having to think about defending.

I agree with a few posters above by the way - It's a bit shitty of Huddersfield to recall him and loan him out straight away. Hope it doesn't impact your season too much - sounds like 4-4-2 is the way forward now?

He can play the wide roles, but is nowhere near as effective. He’s a number 10, on form he’s bloody brilliant. If a team decides to mark him, he’s totally ineffective. A few of our problems this season have come from trying to fit a team around jack Payne rather than trying to fit jack Payne into our team.

He's played the last 3 or 4 games for us outwide. He is not as near as effective on the wing as he is in no.10. As a wide player he often drifts centrally which leaves the full back exposed. The one pro to Jack in both positions is his energy, he doesn't stop running for the entire time he plays.

If you want the best out of him then he has to be in the hole between the striker and the midfield because of his quick feet and dribbling he wriggle through defenders. Also a great eye for a defence splitting pass.

As for playing as a CM, complete no go. He's only 5ft 5 or something so you can imagine he's going to get pushed of the ball and struggle to win any headers.

One things for sure though, when a team is stupid enough not to man mark him with a DM, he punishes them and on his day is the best AM in the division. He was the sole reason we got off to a relatively good start to the season because he had the freedom of the pitch to do what he wanted.

Thanks for this chaps, good insight. He came on against Fleetwood at the weekend for 15minutes but I wasn't there so can't comment how he did.

Today we have been linked to another of your players - Joe Rothwell.

He’s impressed in the games he’s played for us. Do you really need him, as you’re absolutely flying at the moment

Back
Top Bottom