General Ivo Pekalski

Still has a year on contract, shame his whole career dogged by injury, pretty big wage I would think. Be a mutual parting in the end.

Yes, all the best. You'd think a player with his CV would cruise L1 so I wonder whether the injury has left him high-risk or a case off loading an expensive contract.

In a recent interview Robinson said that four players have already left but because the squad was so embarrassingly big nobody would notice. I reckon three of them are Tiendalli, Pekalski and Williamson.

Edit: Posted before reading the OM! ?

Last edited:
Pretty brutal axe swinging from KR. I think we’re seeing a shift back towards players based on attitude and ability like we had under MApp rather than just shock-and-awe promising CVs and familiar faces that we had under our last head coach.

As for Pekalski, I’m a bit disappointed that I never got to see him play. Wish him well wherever he ends up and hope his next spell ends up better than the one he’s had here.

And a further thank you to Pep for labouring us with another massive wage to get rid of.

Telling that the Oxford Mail can’t use an image of Pekalski playing for OUFC in the composite photo of the three players leaving.

It’s good to see Raglan is still part of Robinson’s plans. I still can’t see why it was deemed a good idea to send him out on loan at such a crucial time of the season. I guess he’s getting game time there and apparently doing well?

By extension you would think Martin is on his way as well...otherwise he'd be in the list of defenders KR mentioned?

I agree thats very harsh on the youth team to make DT train with them.

And of course ur theory of him keeping all pep’s signings out of the team totally ignores the fact that moushino plays every game, richardinho, mehmeti and Gino have all featured under kr.

Again borntobeyellow ignorance of the facts in place of his own agenda.
DT is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen. That’s not to say that he wasn’t good in his day or that he isn’t actually a good player. I’m afraid he just hasn’t settled in the uk and has been terrible for us.
If Robinson has him training with the youth team then I’m sure he has his reasons. Normally it’s because of something the player has done or his attitude. I’ll trust Robinson’s judgement all day long.

By extension you would think Martin is on his way as well...otherwise he'd be in the list of defenders KR mentioned?

I think he’s been earmarked to leave for a while. It would be an staggering turnaround from KR to keep him.

‘Aaron, you’ve sat on the bench in my short time here however I’m making you captain next year and giving you a four year contract.’

Not gonna happen, is it?

I hope we keep Fiacre Kehelleher - could be another future prospect and has shown a good attitude dropping down the leagues to play a major role in keeping Solihull Moors up (a fair few clean sheets this year when they were looking very shaky last year) even chipping in with a goal or two. Obviously it's KR's call but I think he deserves a look in next season.

Again borntobeyellow ignorance of the facts in place of his own agenda.
DT is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen. That’s not to say that he wasn’t good in his day or that he isn’t actually a good player. I’m afraid he just hasn’t settled in the uk and has been terrible for us.
If Robinson has him training with the youth team then I’m sure he has his reasons. Normally it’s because of something the player has done or his attitude. I’ll trust Robinson’s judgement all day long.
Agree- I got a bit of a panning from some on here for complaining endlessly about Tiendalli- but I saw his debut at Fleetwood, and WOW he was bad. Disgraceful that Clotet gave him a pro contract and wasted our money on his wages.

Did I imagine it, or did Ivo have a run out at Court Place Farm a month ago. Whats happened since? He could possibly have helped with the run in, a la Curtis. There's no sentiment with KR......just as it should be.

Did I imagine it, or did Ivo have a run out at Court Place Farm a month ago. Whats happened since? He could possibly have helped with the run in, a la Curtis. There's no sentiment with KR......just as it should be.

Difference being Nelson is a great player and pekalski was signed by pep. With kr’s comments about wanting his midfielders to be able to run and pass. I don’t think he would have helped much in the run in at all

He played the first 45 mins like a crab, sideways and backwards, no pace and quite possibly would not have made the city team. Best gone I reckon.

He played the first 45 mins like a crab, sideways and backwards, no pace and quite possibly would not have made the city team. Best gone I reckon.

In his defence this was his first game back from a very serious injury, an injury he had suffered before. He's bound to be way off match pace and very very reserved whether consciously or subconsciously so probably not fair to judge on that game.

However, I trust KR and what he's seeing in training so assume this is in the best interest of the OUFC.

A shame really, never nice to see someone in whatever career have such a weird experience! Wish him all the best, he's only 27 so hopefully, he can crack on and have a good career elsewhere.

If nothing else, Ivo becomes a shoe-in for my “They Barely Played for United XI”.

Somewhat tarred by my progressive dementia and the selection process top-heavy with goalkeepers, it’s truly a bit s**t and would probably only beat Swindon about 2-0.

Less dopey correspondents than me are cordially invited to improve this obscure and tragic trawl through the lowlights of Oxford’s history;

1. Hubert Busby Jnr
2. Sam Long
3. Jon Meades
4. Ivo Pekalski
5. Steve Wood
6. Dave Collins
7. Mark E’Beyer
8. Josh Ashby
9. Ben Abbey
10. Ray Gaston
11. Tony Obi

Subs;
Crocombe
Keeble
Biggins W
Weatherstone R
Townsley
Balmy
Hoskins

Loanees, extended relatives of Ramon Angel Diaz, and David Icke were not considered.

Back
Top Bottom