General Ivo Pekalski

Manorman

I wonder how many players we have signed over the years have failed to register a single first team game? Although he has a 2 year contract I expect KR to terminate this at the end of the season. However good he may have been his injury problems (< 200 games over 10 years) were clearly a huge risk.

KR was asked a question re Pekalski and his reply was not that glowing so he could well be on his way at the end of this season. I think he said that he had not shown enough to warrant a place in the first team or something like that. We have to remember that Pep was working under strict spending limits and a lot of the players he signed were cheap in comparison.

KR was asked a question re Pekalski and his reply was not that glowing so he could well be on his way at the end of this season. I think he said that he had not shown enough to warrant a place in the first team or something like that. We have to remember that Pep was working under strict spending limits and a lot of the players he signed were cheap in comparison.

Did Pep have spending limits or did he squander a top 6 budget? It's hard to keep up!

I will have to watch to rewatch the video but I am fairly sure KR said something like “you can’t play football if you can’t run...”. And then went on to say he might feature this season when we’re safe, but didn’t sound very convincing to me.

I wonder how many players we have signed over the years have failed to register a single first team game? Although he has a 2 year contract I expect KR to terminate this at the end of the season. However good he may have been his injury problems (< 200 games over 10 years) were clearly a huge risk.

Unless he's got a club prepared to take him on, there'd be no point paying him for the second year of his contract and yet NOT keeping him....would there?

Unless he's got a club prepared to take him on, there'd be no point paying him for the second year of his contract and yet NOT keeping him....would there?

If Birmingham come down there’s a guy there that would snap him up

I don't think he has played a full season anywhere since his youth. I will be very surprised to ever see.him turn out for the first eleven. Shame for him his injury problem but should never have been brought in two minutes looking at his Wiki entry told you all you needed to know

I don't think he has played a full season anywhere since his youth. I will be very surprised to ever see.him turn out for the first eleven. Shame for him his injury problem but should never have been brought in two minutes looking at his Wiki entry told you all you needed to know

While true, it’s not quiet as bad as it sounds, a Swedish season plays 14 less games than ours.

If he can’t get on the bench for us with our form and when we are on a run of 5 games in 15 days then I doubt we will ever see him. I should think we will offer to pay him a lump sum of half his remaining wages say and he will go home, can’t be much fun being a non playing member of the squad in a foreign country.

His injury record is pretty bad, so only an idiot would of signed him, we unfortunately had an idiot.

I watched him play 45 minutes in the senior cup at the city, played like a crab always going sideways and no pace whatsoever. Certainly no League 1 player that’s for sure.

I watched him play 45 minutes in the senior cup at the city, played like a crab always going sideways and no pace whatsoever. Certainly no League 1 player that’s for sure.
Yes he looked a million miles away from a league 1 player that night only second game I think.

I would imagine the club would have to negotiate with the player to cancel year 2 of his contract, normally 60-80% of its value.

We spent 150k or so on him, that plus whatever wage he's on (he wouldn't move over here for complete peanuts considering he was already contracted elsewhere, say a very conservative 2k a week he's on, i'd guess it's considerably more though)

That's 5k a week for a 1 year deal for someone out of contract at the absolute minium, probably more i'd guess, at this level that's enough to get you a decent player

No way was he a cheap option

If he can’t get on the bench for us with our form and when we are on a run of 5 games in 15 days then I doubt we will ever see him. I should think we will offer to pay him a lump sum of half his remaining wages say and he will go home, can’t be much fun being a non playing member of the squad in a foreign country.

His injury record is pretty bad, so only an idiot would of signed him, we unfortunately had an idiot.
A calculated gamble that didn't work. Jim Smith did that with Dave Langan.

'An idiot' Mmm

Back
Top Bottom