General Ivo Pekalski

Yeah, I meant "did he ever play in like competitive football for us"? I seen to recall him being special at Bath or Didcot then shite.

Oh my f*****g god. Joel Ledgister.

Guy scored the winner when we were live on Setanta, so yeah he did wear the yellow.

What the guy who used to be a plumber as well? Midfielder very slow
At the risk of a whooosh(!) no, he was a little French winger I think.

We also had a Portuguese winger come in for about 30 mins once. Was given a big build up as the next Ronaldo and then played as if his legs were being remotely controlled by some P**s head in the stands.. can’t remember his name.

Not so sure we should be going down this route with such an important game tomorrow to be honest.. don’t want any bad karma. Someone start a thread listing all the GREAT players who have pulled on the yellow jersey!

We also had a Portuguese winger come in for about 30 mins once. Was given a big build up as the next Ronaldo and then played as if his legs were being remotely controlled by some P**s head in the stands.. can’t remember his name.

I think he was called "Andrade" or something like. Had very grey hair for a footballer, but then he looked less like a footballer than Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Who would win in an actual fight between Andy Burgess and Emiliano Diaz?

Water isn't as wet as the boy Burgess.

Perhaps I was unfair on Diaz. In the same way it was unfair of his father to force him into football*

*I can't think of any other explanation.

Most of Graeme Rix’s squad Could make the list! Anyone remember M’bomba and Amine Karam.. I don’t??

Add to that Bradie Clarke, Dave Woozley and Courtney Pitt.
And did we have some fella named Dou-Dou play for us or am I getting confused and a little nauseous..?

Edit. After a little investigation I’ve found out Doudou and M’bomba are in fact one and the same. Made one sub appearance for us before disappearing into the sunset. He’s got to be skipper for this illustrious team.

Every now and again, I try to search the web to see what happened to Doudou and it goes dead. Aside from a few references to him on football forums, he's an unperson. Nothing on him since he left an obscure French side, no social media accounts or even a sparsely decorated LinkedIn accoubt. The guy has vanished.

Who would win in an actual fight between Andy Burgess and Emiliano Diaz?

I'd give the nod to Emiliano. He may have been utterly useless but if he had the crippling skills of his brother Michael (who was so bad that even Ramon wouldn't risk him in a League 2 game) he'd win easily. Poor old Jamie Brooks was on the end of one of Michael's more vociferous challenges.

I would have loved to have seen Mateo Corbo have a go at Burgess.

If the qualifying terms for the 'Barely Played for Oxford' XI is between 0-10 appearances, CW found loads for us; Matt Fletcher, Simon Hackney, Andy Haworth, Lee Fowler, Ashley Cain, Jon Grant, Lewis Chalmers, Ryan Doble, Mitchell Hanson, Djoumin Sangare ... All as meaningless as the last!

I'd throw in a few others:

Dominic Foley
Patrick Collins
Martin Foster (played in the 2006-07 playoff games for us)
Giorgio Rasulo
Kevin Gibbens
Sam Warrell (he may have been the last youth team player to play as a 'keeper for us)
Paul Burton
Terry Parker

:(:(:(
Every now and again, I try to search the web to see what happened to Doudou and it goes dead. Aside from a few references to him on football forums, he's an unperson. Nothing on him since he left an obscure French side, no social media accounts or even a sparsely decorated LinkedIn accoubt. The guy has vanished.

I'd give the nod to Emiliano. He may have been utterly useless but if he had the crippling skills of his brother Michael (who was so bad that even Ramon wouldn't risk him in a League 2 game) he'd win easily. Poor old Jamie Brooks was on the end of one of Michael's more vociferous challenges.

I would have loved to have seen Mateo Corbo have a go at Burgess.

If the qualifying terms for the 'Barely Played for Oxford' XI is between 0-10 appearances, CW found loads for us; Matt Fletcher, Simon Hackney, Andy Haworth, Lee Fowler, Ashley Cain, Jon Grant, Lewis Chalmers, Ryan Doble, Mitchell Hanson, Djoumin Sangare ... All as meaningless as the last!

I'd throw in a few others:

Dominic Foley
Patrick Collins
Martin Foster (played in the 2006-07 playoff games for us)
Giorgio Rasulo
Kevin Gibbens
Sam Warrell (he may have been the last youth team player to play as a 'keeper for us)
Paul Burton
Terry Parker

Thanks, I'd happily forgotten about most of them.:(

I think he was called "Andrade" or something like. Had very grey hair for a footballer, but then he looked less like a footballer than Jacob Rees-Mogg.
You leave Rees Mogg alone. The next Tory leader. He talks sense............but nobody gets it.

Most of Graeme Rix’s squad Could make the list! Anyone remember M’bomba and Amine Karam.. I don’t??

Add to that Bradie Clarke, Dave Woozley and Courtney Pitt.
And did we have some fella named Dou-Dou play for us or am I getting confused and a little nauseous..?

Edit. After a little investigation I’ve found out Doudou and M’bomba are in fact one and the same. Made one sub appearance for us before disappearing into the sunset. He’s got to be skipper for this illustrious team.
Blimey, youve got a good memory!!. Was Woozley the gangly one who played central defence? If so, he could certainly head a ball right up into the opposition final third.

Thought of one who will certainly be forgotten and really shouldn’t be - Jordan Evans.

14 games in our promotion season including hitting a beauty against Yeovil and starting in the JPT final. Whilst he probably didn’t show quite enough for us to sign him, I did expect that he’d be playing at a higher level than Bala Town in the Welsh premier division by now.

I would argue one loanee deserves exemption and therefore inclusion; that is Abdou Sall, as in hindsight his involvement, or lack of, was fantastic.

This was my immediate reaction - Abdou Sall should not only be in the 'Barely played for us XI', he should be captain!

Only made two brief injury time substitute appearances.....and I'm not sure if he ever touched the ball.....but one of them was in the 1-0 victory over the Scum in the Cup live on the Beeb.

True Oxford hero.

If nothing else, Ivo becomes a shoe-in for my “They Barely Played for United XI”.

Somewhat tarred by my progressive dementia and the selection process top-heavy with goalkeepers, it’s truly a bit s**t and would probably only beat Swindon about 2-0.

Less dopey correspondents than me are cordially invited to improve this obscure and tragic trawl through the lowlights of Oxford’s history;

1. Hubert Busby Jnr
2. Sam Long
3. Jon Meades
4. Ivo Pekalski
5. Steve Wood
6. Dave Collins
7. Mark E’Beyer
8. Josh Ashby
9. Ben Abbey
10. Ray Gaston
11. Tony Obi

Subs;
Crocombe
Keeble
Biggins W
Weatherstone R
Townsley
Balmy
Hoskins

Loanees, extended relatives of Ramon Angel Diaz, and David Icke were not considered.
Managed by Mark Lawrenson?

Back
Top Bottom