General Ivo Pekalski

If nothing else, Ivo becomes a shoe-in for my “They Barely Played for United XI”.

Somewhat tarred by my progressive dementia and the selection process top-heavy with goalkeepers, it’s truly a bit s**t and would probably only beat Swindon about 2-0.

Less dopey correspondents than me are cordially invited to improve this obscure and tragic trawl through the lowlights of Oxford’s history;

1. Hubert Busby Jnr
2. Sam Long
3. Jon Meades
4. Ivo Pekalski
5. Steve Wood
6. Dave Collins
7. Mark E’Beyer
8. Josh Ashby
9. Ben Abbey
10. Ray Gaston
11. Tony Obi

Subs;
Crocombe
Keeble
Biggins W
Weatherstone R
Townsley
Balmy
Hoskins

Loanees, extended relatives of Ramon Angel Diaz, and David Icke were not considered.

What about Tony Capaldi?

Shame for the lad Ivo, he can't get on the pitch and he can't even get a thread about himself without it turning into a bitch fest about the club..

To be honest it’s becoming difficult to have a reasonable discussion about anything OUFC without this clown plastering his bizarrely formed ideas all over it.

It really is mental. For example I hate soaps, can’t stand to watch them. Terrible acting and unbelievable story lines. Mrs loves em tho. But I don’t go on the many forms and slate them and the people that make them!

Capaldi actually played 30 (!) times for us. I can't remember a single one...
I think if memory serves me correct he played the last game of his first season, I maybe wrong but he did have a good throw on him

Capaldi actually played 30 (!) times for us. I can't remember a single one...
I think if memory serves me correct he played the last game of his first season, I maybe wrong but he did have a good throw on him

So did Geoff Capes - wouldn’t necessarily want him playing at full-back for my club though.

Centre-back, sure, but not at full-back.

If nothing else, Ivo becomes a shoe-in for my “They Barely Played for United XI”.

Somewhat tarred by my progressive dementia and the selection process top-heavy with goalkeepers, it’s truly a bit s**t and would probably only beat Swindon about 2-0.

Less dopey correspondents than me are cordially invited to improve this obscure and tragic trawl through the lowlights of Oxford’s history;

1. Hubert Busby Jnr
2. Sam Long
3. Jon Meades
4. Ivo Pekalski
5. Steve Wood
6. Dave Collins
7. Mark E’Beyer
8. Josh Ashby
9. Ben Abbey
10. Ray Gaston
11. Tony Obi

Subs;
Crocombe
Keeble
Biggins W
Weatherstone R
Townsley
Balmy
Hoskins

Loanees, extended relatives of Ramon Angel Diaz, and David Icke were not considered.

I'm not sure you can include Dave Collins as he played 41 times* for us in various competitions. That said he was crap.

I would argue one loanee deserves exemption and therefore inclusion; that is Abdou Sall, as in hindsight his involvement, or lack of, was fantastic.

*Courtesy of Rage Online. A superb source of information.

Yeah, I meant "did he ever play in like competitive football for us"? I seen to recall him being special at Bath or Didcot then shite.

Oh my f*****g god. Joel Ledgister.

Jamie Guy looked a world beater in friendlies...turns out he was crap and another kind of beater all together.

Yeah, I meant "did he ever play in like competitive football for us"? I seen to recall him being special at Bath or Didcot then shite.

Oh my f*****g god. Joel Ledgister.

He really does illustrate how far we have come.

We should have a fight thread. Alex Jeannin vs Dwight Tiendalli - who's worse?*

Etcetera, this may not be fair to Tiendalli as there is apparently evidence that he was once a footballer.

No, he was during our Conference days.

Jamie Guy joins the list of players who flattered to deceive in pre-season but were ultimately crap alongside Steve Anthrobus.

Not so much crap, but I’d add Simon heslop who was immense preseason and in the first cup game against Bristol rovers I think it was. Then not much after that

Luton were gutted we poached him too I believe as he had be important for their promotion surge in 09/10.

Most of Graeme Rix’s squad Could make the list! Anyone remember M’bomba and Amine Karam.. I don’t??

Add to that Bradie Clarke, Dave Woozley and Courtney Pitt.
And did we have some fella named Dou-Dou play for us or am I getting confused and a little nauseous..?

Edit. After a little investigation I’ve found out Doudou and M’bomba are in fact one and the same. Made one sub appearance for us before disappearing into the sunset. He’s got to be skipper for this illustrious team.

Most of Graeme Rix’s squad Could make the list! Anyone remember M’bomba and Amine Karam.. I don’t??

Add to that Bradie Clarke, Dave Woozley and Courtney Pitt.
And did we have some fella named Dou-Dou play for us or am I getting confused and a little nauseous..?

Amine Karam was signed under Diaz and he had been at Sochaux before signing for us, iirc.

Back
Top Bottom