Is OUSP Fit For Purpose?

Is OUSP Fit For Purpose

• Yes

• No

• Unsure/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I always thought the OUSP was effectively a go between group of supporters to put pressure on the club for issues that would normally be sorted by an SLO.
However our SLO seems to be trying to do a bigger role as their day job, with the SLO factor being an occasional thing. So actually having the OUSP to raise things like stadium access and cleanliness, ticketing problems, away match information,

Oxvox for me have always been the longer term strategy, questioning and putting the pressure on the club for the big issues e.g. ownership, finances, stadium, masterplan etc. If there was a FOUL type movement needed in the future, I would expect Oxvox to be leading on that.

The two can exist and focus on different things, with the stadium piece likely to step-up in the coming months, do we really want Oxvox spending their time talking about why the pigeon sh!t hasn't been cleaned off Row X in the Oxford Mail Stand or putting pressure on the club for updates, news and plans.

If OxVox had more willing volunteers they could do both as per their mission statement............... 🤷‍♂️

As for the SLO he can happily do bigger stuff as he has a filter between him and us plebs.

If OxVox had more willing volunteers they could do both as per their mission statement............... 🤷‍♂️

As for the SLO he can happily do bigger stuff as he has a filter between him and us plebs.

I assume that you're a member of OxVox. Have you asked if they have the capacity to do the work that OUSP currently do, and if not, whether they would be willing to increase their numbers to support this?

I assume that you're a member of OxVox. Have you asked if they have the capacity to do the work that OUSP currently do, and if not, whether they would be willing to increase their numbers to support this?

OxVox life member thanks.

The question posed on this thread "is OUSP fit for purpose".

My opinion is that they are an unnecessary incumbency to presenting supporters as "United" ,ergo they serve very little purpose for equally few people.

The minutes alone evidence that the club sees them as a minor inconvenience.

Supporters on this forum are exceedingly uncertain or think they are not fit for purpose.

However they will think everything is hunky dory as they are:

A: Afraid to admit it is a failure.

B: Fancy a place on the CAB.

C: Are happy the Club are using them to tick a Crouch report box.

Join OxVox

OxVox life member thanks.

The question posed on this thread "is OUSP fit for purpose".

My opinion is that they are an unnecessary incumbency to presenting supporters as "United" ,ergo they serve very little purpose for equally few people.

The minutes alone evidence that the club sees them as a minor inconvenience.

Supporters on this forum are exceedingly uncertain or think they are not fit for purpose.

However they will think everything is hunky dory as they are:

A: Afraid to admit it is a failure.

B: Fancy a place on the CAB.

C: Are happy the Club are using them to tick a Crouch report box.

Join OxVox

And we're very happy to take the feedback on board from the 11 supporters who share some of your views.

And we're very happy to take the feedback on board from the 11 supporters who share some of your views.

There are 26 people who are uncertain/negative answers and 9 who are positive/affirmative and its likely you & the Secretary have voted as well.

I would suggest 26 - 9 is an accurate reflection on the question "Is OUSP fit for purpose".

So the group can carry on as is or consider working differently.

As they are too scared to say "it isn`t working" or are unable/unwilling to change it`ll carry on.

Interesting update from OxVox - it seems , reading between the lines, that both Adam Benson and Tim Williams have nothing but contempt for ELECTED supporters group representatives . Best us customers learn our place it appears.

ZERO mention of an actual date, as yet, for a fans Forum either- jam tomorrow ( in March, apparently- tba) ? Benson and the board really don't like us customers it seems to me

JOIN OxVox if you're not already a member

Exactly why OUSP is a threat to OxVox.

Exactly why OUSP is a threat to OxVox.
I dont think they are- OUSP flag up matchday issues ( with out much positivity, help or backing from their liaison officer from OUFC) - OUSP representatives put a lot of hard work in with little (if any )reward, which is kind of ironic as OUSP were if memory serves actually set up by the club ( following FSA giudlines)?

My only criticism of OUSP is they are unelected , therefore not accountable to the people / customers/ supporters they represent. This shouldn't be too hard for OUSP to change IMO

Last edited:
I dont think they are- OUSP flag up matchday issues ( with out much positivity, help or backing from their liaison officer from OUFC) - OUSP representatives put a lot of hard work in with little (if any )reward, which is kind of ironic as OUSP were if memory serves actually set up by the club ( following FSA giudlines)?

My only criticism of OUSP is they are unelected , therefore not accountable to the people / customers/ supporters they represent. This shouldn't be too hard for OUSP to change IMO

There is an election process, but we've not yet had sufficient volunteers to warrant an election. There is no difference between OUSP and OxVox in this regard.

The easiest way for this to change is for more people to give up their time to represent either OxVox or OUSP.

There is an election process, but we've not yet had sufficient volunteers to warrant an election. There is no difference between OUSP and OxVox in this regard.

The easiest way for this to change is for more people to give up their time to represent either OxVox or OUSP.
fair enough

Have you asked if you can do the same good work but under OxVox yet?

Back
Top Bottom