Is OUSP Fit For Purpose?

Is OUSP Fit For Purpose

• Yes

• No

• Unsure/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Carpy

Staff member
Figured it would be interesting to garner opinion after the latest discussion around the progress they are making with OUSP top brass.

I think OUSP do a decent job raising supporters concerns and issues with OUFC management representatives.

The fact that the people OUSP have to deal with, who appear to not listen or take seriously subjects raised, and also seem to take great pleasure in blocking and saying no to OUSP on it appears almost everything isn't the fault of OUSP. The people they deal with have been installed by TW & GF , and very likely instructed to deal with OUSP and the issues they raise in the way that the have done so far. It is not the fault of OUSP that the people they deal with are, it seems, working to an agenda that blocks off any positive progress.

Fans Forum, the sooner the better, so those who have installed and instructed ( TW & GF) can be robustly questioned as to why their lackys dismiss supporters issues raised by OUSP out of hand.

The fact that the people OUSP have to deal with, who appear to not listen or take seriously subjects raised, and also seem to take great pleasure in blocking and saying no to OUSP on it appears almost everything isn't the fault of OUSP. The people they deal with have been installed by TW & GF , and very likely instructed to deal with OUSP and the issues they raise in the way that the have done so far.
Playing devils advocate, are the people most likely to volunteer for something like the supporters panel the most likely to push OUFC management into providing answers etc

Quote from latest @OxVox update (via email)

We are in ongoing discussions with Adam Benson about the overdue Fans Forum, but ensuring the right people are there to answer your questions is as important as getting a date booked in. We are pleased to say that we now have agreement and a date and venue are being arranged. We are working closely with OUSP on this.

It would appear that OxVox consider it worth their while working with OUSP.

We are in ongoing discussions with Adam Benson about the overdue Fans Forum, but ensuring the right people are there to answer your questions is as important as getting a date booked in. We are pleased to say that we now have agreement and a date and venue are being arranged. We are working closely with OUSP on this.

But should they?

What do you lose if OxVox go it alone? I'm not sure you lose a lot.

Do you make gains by them not being involved? Possibly not, but you only have one voice at least

Playing devils advocate, are the people most likely to volunteer for something like the supporters panel the most likely to push OUFC management into providing answers etc
Getting anyone to volunteer has always been the problem. Some of the most vocal at the outset declined to stand for the panel. Some of us who did stand had to face some very unpleasant attention via social media up to and including abuse.

If just a few of those who are among the more prolific posters on here were to offer their time then, firstly, there would be need for a vote to elect them and, secondly, there might actually be more active participation. So many are ready to criticise and yet show no inclination to do more than hammer away on their keyboards.

If you expect them to be the miracle pill that creates a smooth and brilliant club/fan balance then they're obviously going to fail. If we think of them as one method among many of getting points through to the club then I can't see what they're doing wrong. The club not taking much in is another matter entirely

The fact I'm not sure what the acronym stands for means I'm not really in a good place to vote either way!

That’s evidenced by the presence of OxVox chair Paul Peros at the meeting .

Last edited:
At the moment I'm sure it is worth their while, but should they need to?

OUSP is a hand picked, very small group of supporters invited to work very closely with the club. I haven't seen or heard any feedback from meetings or seen anything achieved thus far, other than the club lauding how brilliant communication with supporters is based on communication with this select group.

Have OUSP scrutinised the club where needed? I think the club have these select few in the palm of their hands, it's an honour to meet and be close to those at the club and be privvy to information before others. I can't see any constructive criticism being passed on to help them improve...

I think it would be more transparent and productive for the club to simply hold the same meetings with OxVox representatives who can publish the minutes for members. That would be genuine communication and even act as a mini fans forum, it would allow OxVox members questions to be passed onto the club at each meeting and see the answers published in the minutes.

So why the need for OUSP? For me, it seems like an unnecessary middle man which is more convenient for the club than it is for the majority of fans. Do the club want to communicate to the few (OUSP) or the thousands (OxVox)?

I haven't seen or heard any feedback from meetings or seen anything achieved thus far
There were minutes posted earlier this month, and has been on a regular basis. I get email notifications when they are released. There is a page on the official website at...

There were minutes posted earlier this month, and has been on a regular basis. I get email notifications when they are released. There is a page on the official website at...

I've seen the minutes but still can't see the need for "OUSP" when OxVox already existed and was there before OUSP to provide the exact same thing... I haven't seen or heard any feedback from these meetings or anything achieved by OUSP that couldn't have been done by OxVox, which was the point in my post you quoted.

Forgive me if I'm missing something, what does OUSP achieve that OxVox can't? Why the need for a "middle man" group?

I would prefer the club to post minutes from meetings held with the Supporters Trust that's been in place for 22 years with thousands of members and an elected chair, instead of 6 or 7 randomly picked fans who threw their hands up, but maybe I'm old school?

Back
Top Bottom