Is OUSP Fit For Purpose?

Is OUSP Fit For Purpose

• Yes

• No

• Unsure/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't really have a stake in this argument but it seems like there's half a dozen people moaning and only ScotchEgg (edit: and Janine) actually does anything?

Last edited:
I don't really have a stake in this argument but it seems like there's half a dozen people moaning and only ScotchEgg actually does anything?

I`m not knocking anyone who volunteers to do anything.

I just think the organisational structure is completely unnecessary, exactly at a time we need a united "fans front" for so many reasons.

That should be the independent organisation that has existed for many years with far more representation.

OxVox own "About" say............ "We’ll position ourselves as a Critical Friend to the Club, monitoring such things as the Club’s financial stability & future prospects, as well as communicating and advising on areas such as fan engagement, ‘customer service’, and the overall OUFC experience."

So shift OUSP under the structure of OxVox to do the highlighted bit and everyone knows who is doing what with a one stop shop for those who don`t wish to contact the bloke who gets paid to do it.

I`m not knocking anyone who volunteers to do anything.

It's amazing how many people say this whilst being pretty abusive about those people who are actually volunteering.

You've made your views perfectly clearly along with a few others on here. I have also made my position perfectly clear and will continue to use my time on OUSP to support those individuals who reach our to us, whilst also holding the club to account.

I'm not sure there is much else to add but feel free to share your views as much as you like.

It's amazing how many people say this whilst being pretty abusive about those people who are actually volunteering.

You've made your views perfectly clearly along with a few others on here. I have also made my position perfectly clear and will continue to use my time on OUSP to support those individuals who reach our to us, whilst also holding the club to account.

I'm not sure there is much else to add but feel free to share your views as much as you like.

Actions speak louder than words.

I can sense a movement towards Ferguson Out, Williams Out & Benson Out real soon so be prepared. Do not side with them tosspots. They don’t care one bit about our club.

Pick your side wisely.

We cannot have owners as serious as ours & let this go to waste via having them three idiots run it over here.

Actions speak louder than words.

I can sense a movement towards Ferguson Out, Williams Out & Benson Out real soon so be prepared. Do not side with them tosspots. They don’t care one bit about our club.

Pick your side wisely.

We cannot have owners as serious as ours & let this go to waste via having them three idiots run it over here.

That is a really weird statement and what does it actually mean? As it sounds like something out of a really, really bad Gangster movie.

That is a really weird statement and what does it actually mean?

It means when calls for the 3 idiots to leave the club grow and grow every week from now till the summer, that OUSP should firmly side with us fans calling for change & OxVox (who sound like they have zero hope), BBC Oxford (who sound like they have zero hope).

I fear they will cosy up.

Just a hunch.

Come on Scotch, this isn't true, the majority on this thread have all been supportive of the work that OUSP panel members do, there was one comment which clearly went over the line but otherwise people have largely concentrated on the structure as the problem, not the people

IIRC there was 1 "abusive" comment which was removed and apologised for so stop over inflating things.

Its not the volunteers, its not what they do .................. its the unnecessary structure that you can not/will not see was created BY the Club management FOR the Club management.

If you read the Crouch Report, specifically Chapter 7, you might be able to see why the Club has chosen/supported/advised on the creation of OUSP.

22.7% of folk on here currently think OUSP is "fit for purpose" f that is reflected across the entire supporter base would you argue that it IS working?

I`ll take a shot that the poll/%`s would swing completely the other way if you were doing exactly the same thing, in exactly the same way under the umbrella of OxVox.

But that would not suit the club............................... and they can do no wrong.

Clever bants.

Going back to funding. My question wasn't whether the OUSP members were paid fabulous stipends or expenses, it was about who funds the infrastructure that supports the Panel.

Can OUSP confirm that the web presence is hosted free of charge, together with the advertising provided by / on the club's facilities?

In the event that OUSP takes a contrary position to the club on a significant matter (for example the organisation of the FAB) do you think this arrangement will constrain your independence? What will be your response if, say, the club officials took exception over something you wanted to post. Or in a serious disagreement, how would you proceed as an independent entity.

I know there's no charge.

There's a potential liability in terms of freedom to speak out or disagree and in providing an alternative hosting service while having no funding.

This is the Internet age. Just because you don't pay money for something doesn't mean it's free.

Did ousp sleep with your wife or something?

Nope.

I`m just highlighting how it could be better for those who are willing to give up their time.

Under the umbrella of OxVox there would be far more achieved by a united fans group.

Out of interest, and as they use Mailchimp they will know, @OUSP how many supporters are on the mailing list and what are the opens and engagement counts?

Nope.

I`m just highlighting how it could be better for those who are willing to give up their time.

Under the umbrella of OxVox there would be far more achieved by a united fans group.

Out of interest, and as they use Mailchimp they will know, @OUSP how many supporters are on the mailing list and what are the opens and engagement counts?

Taking a while to respond to that one.

Was just using my Mailchimp analytics and it jogged my memory.

Back
Top Bottom