Injury List

Have a feeling with this heavy injury list Ranger could sign to take the load of Smith. Just a hunch.

The player we could do with now is Canice Carroll. I've seen him play centre half and right back. I gather his favourite position was midfield. I think he played left mid at Millwall (A), he played centre forward at Wigan (A) last season.
A young, fit lad with a bit of experience, could literally play anywhere, likes to get stuck in but had a bit of quality. Was doing well on International duty so other managers rated him .... but Robbo got rid, why, oh why, a crazy decision and very poor judgement.
It’s true that Canice has talent.
Unfortunately he also had an air of arrogance, that often got in the way of game time.
Mapp,Clotet,Faz,Robbo-all did not rate him sufficiently to play him and when they did, he was often at full back rather than in midfield.
I hope Brentford are able to harness his talent .

Kellaher is the other one, though doubt we'll ever see him it would seem.

Anyway, if none of those injuries cleared up, we would be severely hampered for the weekend - best line-up would be:

GK - Eastwood
FB - Long, Norman
CB - NElson, Dickie
MF - Mousinho, Hanson
then Henry & Smith along with two of Raglan Bradbury, Spasov, Little & Hopkins.

Browne only 'took a kick', Ruffels & Holmes have had a weekend off already so may be ready, but after that it gets a bit worrying.

Still no reason to bring in Ranger though!

Anyway, if none of those injuries cleared up, we would be severely hampered for the weekend - best line-up would be:

GK - Eastwood
FB - Long, Norman
CB - NElson, Dickie
MF - Mousinho, Hanson

Browne only 'took a kick', Ruffels & Holmes have had a weekend off already so may be ready, but after that it gets a bit worrying.

No way you can leave our best player recently out, Brannagan into midfield and Little and Hopkins won't play as they had there his loan extended for Woking and AFCRD so out of the others if it didn't improve i'd give Bradbury a shot uptop with Henry in the 10.

Amazing to think that most of Robinson’s signings are on the injured list.

Last edited:
No way you can leave our best player recently out, Brannagan into midfield and Little and Hopkins won't play as they had there his loan extended for Woking and AFCRD so out of the others if it didn't improve i'd give Bradbury a shot uptop with Henry in the 10.
oops - missed his name at the top.

Holmes, Whyte, Mackie and McMahon have all played in 10 or more league games this season.
Smith and Hanson have played a fair few too. Oh and Mitchell.
Baptiste and Hall are on the injured list and weren't Robinsons signings.

Clutching at straws!

Don’t forget that he doesn’t trust shearer in goal and Stevens, well I don’t know what his next trick is in his attempt to ruin his confidence. So they may as well be on the injured list.

Stevens has actuallly been on the bench for the last two games, but as they were cup games, not sure that says an awful lot about hi status

GK - Eastwood
FB - Long, Norman
CB - NElson, Dickie
MF - Mousinho, Hanson

Based on latest reports, Browne and Ruffels appear to be available, Holmes and Garbutt maybe, the rest not (incl McMahon)

Given that (and adding in BRannigan, who I missed first time), we are now looking at:
GK Eastwood,
FB Ruffels + Long (or Norman)
CB Nelson, Dickie
MF Mousinho, Henry, Brannigan
FW Smith, Browne, Holmes
SUBS - STevens, Norman (or Long), Raglan, Garbutt, Hanson, BRadbury, Spasov

Missing Garbutt won't be a disaster, as Ruffels fit to play LB, missing Holmes more of an issue, but could either add HAnson in and move Henry forward or start one of the kids in the front three.

Based on latest reports, Browne and Ruffels appear to be available, Holmes and Garbutt maybe, the rest not (incl McMahon)

Given that (and adding in BRannigan, who I missed first time), we are now looking at:
GK Eastwood,
FB Ruffels + Long (or Norman)
CB Nelson, Dickie
MF Mousinho, Henry, Brannigan
FW Smith, Browne, Holmes
SUBS - STevens, Norman (or Long), Raglan, Garbutt, Hanson, BRadbury, Spasov

Missing Garbutt won't be a disaster, as Ruffels fit to play LB, missing Holmes more of an issue, but could either add HAnson in and move Henry forward or start one of the kids in the front three.

Think Norman will be in at Right back but couldn’t surprise me if that’s the team tomorrow or maybe even Bradbury will get his first league start ?

Back
Top Bottom