Unavailable tonight:

Sam Long
Billy Bodin
Marcus Browne
Greg Leigh
Josh Murphy
Stephan Negru
Kyle Edwards

Seven out and I’d say that Leigh, Edwards and Bodin probably feature in our starting XI if available. Maybe Browne too (assuming some level of availability to play). All the rest would make the bench for a first team squad.

Every team will have injuries. You can’t tell me that those seven don’t make a colossal difference to what we can do and what options we have off the bench though.

Ox mail article stated that Leigh and Long should be back by next weekend. But it sounds like Browne/ Edwards are still a good month away.

Unavailable tonight:

Sam Long
Billy Bodin
Marcus Browne
Greg Leigh
Josh Murphy
Stephan Negru
Kyle Edwards

Seven out and I’d say that Leigh, Edwards and Bodin probably feature in our starting XI if available. Maybe Browne too (assuming some level of availability to play). All the rest would make the bench for a first team squad.

Every team will have injuries. You can’t tell me that those seven don’t make a colossal difference to what we can do and what options we have off the bench though.
Add Mills and Goodrham to our injury list now.

I note no mention of Negru for tomorrow's squad, despite previously it being said he'd be back for the weekend. Murphy was meant to be back by now too. Also not mentioned. No mention of Bodin either. Add to that Edwards, Browne and now Goodwin, and we still have a lengthy list. Just pray we get through the next few games without adding too many more to it...

I note no mention of Negru for tomorrow's squad, despite previously it being said he'd be back for the weekend. Murphy was meant to be back by now too. Also not mentioned. No mention of Bodin either. Add to that Edwards, Browne and now Goodwin, and we still have a lengthy list. Just pray we get through the next few games without adding too many more to it...
If I remember correctly ( I maybe dont?) in relatively recent times - Under IL's tenure- OUFC spent decent £ on a sports science system. Which for a period of time saw injured players return to fitness quicker than expected/ predicted. What ever happened to that, not cheap?, sport science system?

It was mentioned earlier this week that Bodin would be managed to ensure that he doesn't breakdown, and I would imagine that they're also looking to ease others back rather than rushing unnecessarily. n the past we have thrown players in who are still not 100% and have lost them for weeks. With Saturday/Tuesday games for the next few weeks it makes sense to be a little more cautious where possible.

Buckingham in today's Fail: Elaborating on the reason for wanting the extra attackers, Buckingham said: “We’ve had to change how we set the team up since Charlton. We’ve spoken about the wingers we’ve lost.

“Marcus Browne, Kyle Edwards and Josh Murphy – that’s a lot of pace to lose out of your team, and then Stan Mills going back after the Coventry game.

Just how long is Murphy out for then, if he is being placed in the same bracket as Browne, Edwards and Mills?

Also worth noting that Goodwin will be another week, at least!!

“We’ve brought Will [Goodwin] in, but he’s not going to be right for another week, at least."

“We’ve brought Will [Goodwin] in, but he’s not going to be right for another week, at least."
I noticed that too...

We were originally told he'll be back in full training by end of this month, haven't heard anything on that yet.

As mentioned in another Thread, Buckingham has also said "he'll be fit for Blackpool" on 10 February 🤷‍♂️

Current injury list.

Jamie Cumming - awaiting an update.

Sam Long - back for Blackpool away.

Fin Stevens - awaiting an update.

Joe Bennett - back for Wycombe away.

Josh Murphy - NO UPDATE

Billy Bodin - NO UPDATE

Marcus Browne - Easter.

Kyle Edwards - Easter.

Will Goodwin - back for Blackpool away.

Back
Top Bottom