Current Player Injury List 23/24

Matt W

Yes I'm that person

I wanted to keep track of injuries

Marcus Browne - Hamstring

It was reported that we wouldn't see him for a couple of months at the end of August

Kyle Edwards - Hamstring

Again the prognosis was a couple of months reported in Oxford Mail on 3rd October

James Henry - Achilles

It was reported he could be close to fitness 3 weeks ago

I may be wrong but I think LM alluded to the fact a couple are unwell from an illness.

I think that will become clearer on Saturday.

from the Gorrin article on OWS

"With one or two knocks and illnesses this week we talked about adding a little extra depth and he is available to
play immediately."

I saw Alex Gorrin training at the fans open day and he looked well intwined with the squad and fit. This makes sense if we have some as of yet unknown problems short term

If Gorrin is ready to come straight in (and I am sceptical whether that's a good idea TBH) then you would imagine one or more of Brannagan, McGuane and Smyth are doubtful.

McEachran as well in centre midfield.

Seems a strange signing to me, he has barely played in two years, has already tried coming back and had another injury and in his brief cameos last season looked like it just wasn't there anymore, not certain he is a better option than young Johnson now.

If Gorrin is ready to come straight in (and I am sceptical whether that's a good idea TBH) then you would imagine one or more of Brannagan, McGuane and Smyth are doubtful.
Smyth is suspended, could well be that one of Brannagan, McGuane or McEachran are also ill in which case we'd only have two senior central midfielders. Not ideal but all clubs will get injuries piling up at some point and I bet we've got a plan of how to play it.

I saw Alex Gorrin training at the fans open day and he looked well intwined with the squad and fit. This makes sense if we have some as of yet unknown problems short term
There’s fit, and there’s match-fit.

Seems a strange signing to me, he has barely played in two years, has already tried coming back and had another injury and in his brief cameos last season looked like it just wasn't there anymore, not certain he is a better option than young Johnson now.

Johnson is out on loan (unless it has since finished) at Dartford so wouldn't be any good for Saturday.

I think it's one of them like with Baldock where we give him a short contract on the grounds of looking after a player with injury where they might find it hard to get a club until fully fit. I understand people might see that as wrong.

He's probably got some time to show what he can do. If he fails then I guess they get rid.

Johnson is out on loan (unless it has since finished) at Dartford so wouldn't be any good for Saturday.

Can you not recall from non league clubs at short notice? Is Gorrin really ready to go this Saturday? How long since he last played a game?

Let's try and be generous towards a former fan favourite player-if he does get game time then there will be something to show any prospective buyers if he doesn't fit the bill.

OUFC have just posted a video of training this morning, quick detectives! Get looking at who's in the video and who's not

Back
Top Bottom