HMRC?

Maybe OxVox cannot say anything as they’ve signed a ‘confidentiality agreement’?
There is no way that Oxvox should be signing any confidentiality agreement which allows them to say nothing at a time like this.
If they can't comment and explain to their members something is very wtinh6

There is no way that Oxvox should be signing any confidentiality agreement which allows them to say nothing at a time like this.
If they can't comment and explain to their members something is very wtinh6

And I doubt they have. I reckon they are in the dark like the rest of us.

Re the Oxford Mail, I believe Dave Pritchard has been away on holiday for 2 weeks, so that could in part be the reason why they've not been hot on the heels of this hot mess. The club have a lot of questions to answer and silence is just not good enough.

Strange thoughts going through my head that the board want liquidatios because then the "Oxford United" brand becomes available to whoever owns it. Or am I just being a suspicious old b****r?
Mmm very unlikely Malcolm. Tiger or associates will have put in millions of £ so far and there must be cheaper ways of doing this

I want to be angry at the disregard Tiger and his mob hold the fan base.

But the tone for this treatment was set during takeover discussions when the supporters group hushed-hushed, greased the wheels and denied proper scrutiny. And any one who put their hand up and said ‘this isn’t right’ was abused and, let’s not forget, reported to the new management in sort of bizarre Stasi redux.

So it’s not surprising that Tiger - who isn’t even criticised for being consistently absent - behaves as he does. The ‘strong relationship’ he refers to with the supporters group is entirely, it seems to me, based on him feeding tittle tattle about shirt sponsors or new signings (which don’t happen) in return for carte blanche. He’s played a blinder.

Months on...we still don’t know his plan. We still don’t know where the money is coming from (news flash.. there ain’t any). And Zaki, Horst and ET have not furnished a scintilla of info about wtf they are doing here.

And yet. And yet. We still have time to stick up for our club. If OxVox (instead of waiting to be fed more lies) come out NOW to condemn the administration and say enough is enough they immediately unite the fan base.

As it stands, this club is on the brink. 17 days from death.

It’s time Tiger was taught a lesson. Pick your side, chaps.

I want to be angry at the disregard Tiger and his mob hold the fan base.

But the tone for this treatment was set during takeover discussions when the supporters group hushed-hushed, greased the wheels and denied proper scrutiny. And any one who put their hand up and said ‘this isn’t right’ was abused and, let’s not forget, reported to the new management in sort of bizarre Stasi redux.

So it’s not surprising that Tiger - who isn’t even criticised for being consistently absent - behaves as he does. The ‘strong relationship’ he refers to with the supporters group is entirely, it seems to me, based on him feeding tittle tattle about shirt sponsors or new signings (which don’t happen) in return for carte blanche. He’s played a blinder.

Months on...we still don’t know his plan. We still don’t know where the money is coming from (news flash.. there ain’t any). And Zaki, Horst and ET have not furnished a scintilla of info about wtf they are doing here.

And yet. And yet. We still have time to stick up for our club. If OxVox (instead of waiting to be fed more lies) come out NOW to condemn the administration and say enough is enough they immediately unite the fan base.

As it stands, this club is on the brink. 17 days from death.

It’s time Tiger was taught a lesson. Pick your side, chaps.

Hawk, I have to admit to being someone who was critical at what I saw at the time as unnecessary doom mongering with your posts when Tiger came in. I wanted, more in hope than anything, to give Tiger a chance to prove that he was genuinely here to help bring success. I’m still trying to cut him some slack, but the longer all this shenanigans goes on without any tangible explanations as to what he’s playing at, the more I have to hold my hand up and admit that you were right in questioning him and his motives. I’m not necessarily advocating direct confrontation with Tiger but we’re now well within our rights to demand answers. As a fan I constantly hope that each new owner that comes off of the conveyor belt will be the one we’ve been waiting for, and ,so far, it seems each one, in their own way, bring varying degrees of disappointment and unfulfilled promises. I’m learning that sensible cynicism is preferable to naive hope unfortunately

This has all got incredibly concerning. From day dot Tiger has refused to reveal any sort of plan, or detail how he intends to fund the club. For a short while I thought he was just being secretive, but it's become increasingly apparent that there is no plan and there are no funds. He couldn't have provided answers to questions even if he wanted to.

That we have been told 'not to worry' several times by the club is disrespectful to the extreme. That we were told the introduction of Thohir to the board was 'exciting' and a 'real coup' now seems to be downright laughable.

I've emailed NMc, but do not expect a response.

The club is a shambles.

If fans want to voice their concern about the unpaid tax bill, why don’t they email the MD (nmcwilliams@oufc.co.uk) or Finance Director (tdavies@oufc.co.uk) and ask what on earth’s happening? OK, they possibly won’t get a response, but it might give the powers that be an indication of the strength of people’s feelings.
Just emailed both.

Hawk, I have to admit to being someone who was critical at what I saw at the time as unnecessary doom mongering with your posts when Tiger came in. I wanted, more in hope than anything, to give Tiger a chance to prove that he was genuinely here to help bring success. I’m still trying to cut him some slack, but the longer all this shenanigans goes on without any tangible explanations as to what he’s playing at, the more I have to hold my hand up and admit that you were right in questioning him and his motives. I’m not necessarily advocating direct confrontation with Tiger but we’re now well within our rights to demand answers. As a fan I constantly hope that each new owner that comes off of the conveyor belt will be the one we’ve been waiting for, and ,so far, it seems each one, in their own way, bring varying degrees of disappointment and unfulfilled promises. I’m learning that sensible cynicism is preferable to naive hope unfortunately

As supporters we can be both. Jeez, a hope burned in us all that Tiger was going to be the man. Nothing wrong with that all. No one wanted this. But that never meant he shouldn’t have been held to account. As fans we have to learn our lessons, too.

Ditto .... not holding my breath on any reply from the MD, however, maybe the Financial Director may respond
and also David Pritchard at Oxford Mail on the HMRC petition subject

addition- David Pritchard is back at his Oxford Mail desk tomorrow, Monday December 3rd

relevant extracts from minutes of the OxVox open members meeting 21st November-

Q&A:
The meeting was then thrown open for questions to the Trust and the Club guests.

Questions and responses are recorded below in the approximate order asked, as near to verbatim as practical, and grouped together where very similar questions were asked.

Mark Sargeant: What’s the situation with HMRC?
Paul Beasley: How much is owed and can we pay it?

ZN confirmed that it was an error which should not have happened. The Club was dealing with it and steps were being taken to ensure that it did not happen again in future. The amount was not given but ZN said that it would be dealt with this week. He added that processes were being put in place to prevent the situation recurring in the future.

following the publication re OUFC /HMRC petition https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3161873

It appears that OUFC board member and director, ZN's assertion, publically, on 21st November that the HMRC Petition would be dealt with "this week" simply wasnt true.

The Gazette link tells us that nothing has been done by OUFC, to deal with the outstanding HMRC bill or HMRC petition.

Is there any way somebody who’s good at putting an email together could pen something on here that people could add their name to? People might be happier doing that than writing to the club themselves. If we could forward something demanding answers from the club with 60-100 ‘signatures’ on it - which is generally around the numbers that respond to votes on here - it might carry some clout?

Is there any way somebody who’s good at putting an email together could pen something on here that people could add their name to? People might be happier doing that than writing to the club themselves. If we could forward something demanding answers from the club with 60-100 ‘signatures’ on it - which is generally around the numbers that respond to votes on here - it might carry some clout?

I think an open letter from the fans through OxVox could be the way to go. Just making clear how concerning this is for the fans and we demand answers from the club now and clear dialogue set out from the board of why this was allowed to happen and how they plan to rectify the issue and take the club forward.

I can certainly see a bumpy ride ahead and it really would not surprise me if we found ourselves back in the conference in a few years time.

relevant extracts from minutes of the OxVox open members meeting 21st November-

Q&A:
The meeting was then thrown open for questions to the Trust and the Club guests.

Questions and responses are recorded below in the approximate order asked, as near to verbatim as practical, and grouped together where very similar questions were asked.

Mark Sargeant: What’s the situation with HMRC?
Paul Beasley: How much is owed and can we pay it?

ZN confirmed that it was an error which should not have happened. The Club was dealing with it and steps were being taken to ensure that it did not happen again in future. The amount was not given but ZN said that it would be dealt with this week. He added that processes were being put in place to prevent the situation recurring in the future.

following the publication re OUFC /HMRC petition https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3161873

It appears that OUFC board member and director, ZN's assertion, publically, on 21st November that the HMRC Petition would be dealt with "this week" simply wasnt true.

The Gazette link tells us that nothing has been done by OUFC, to deal with the outstanding HMRC bill or HMRC petition.
@Sarge can you post the minutes relating to poor Comms?

Id certainly be happy to put my name to something along those lines

Back
Top Bottom