Chairman Post the club's responses to your emails about the HMRC 'incident' here

Can we rename the forum to the yellows moaning about f*****g everything the club do and don't do forum?

Its not far off pointless reading this forum anymore theres no balance at all its negative on everything single thing that comes out of the club.

Assumptions are made and written down as fact.

I emailed too and attach their response!!

ZILCH!!!!!!

Why would they just ignore everyone? So rude and so offensive to the emailers, who are the very people whose custom they totally rely on. 60 years of support and they can't even bother to reply.
Without supporters they have no Football Club. Makes on wonder??

I
Can we rename the forum to the yellows moaning about f*****g everything the club do and don't do forum?

Its not far off pointless reading this forum anymore theres no balance at all its negative on everything single thing that comes out of the club.

Great shout on the name. Make it so @Eaststandboy

Meanwhile how about you start your own forum: “Yellows who only care about the 90mins on match day and don’t care that the club may be on the brink of administration “?

Rather ironic email from OUFC just now:

Dear Peter

Tickets are on sale now for our home Boxing Day clash with Southend United.

Boxing Day is always a fantastic day with Oxford United and this year looks like being Oxford’s biggest Christmas Party once again.

To celebrate, and as a thank you to our fans for their fantastic support throughout 2018, we have teamed up with Thai Airways and Tourism Authority Thailand to give one lucky supporter a trip of a lifetime.

Boxing Day is already looking like a big game so to ensure that you have the best seats available, as well as entering the draw, visit oufctickets.co.uk or call 01865 337533 to book your place today.

We hope to see you here on Boxing Day.

Good luck!

Pity the club can't put as much effort into replying to legitimate concerns of loyal fans.
The deadline to register your interest is 5pm on Tuesday 18th December

And we know how hot the club are on deadlines....

Rather ironic email from OUFC just now:

Dear Peter

Tickets are on sale now for our home Boxing Day clash with Southend United.

Boxing Day is always a fantastic day with Oxford United and this year looks like being Oxford’s biggest Christmas Party once again.

To celebrate, and as a thank you to our fans for their fantastic support throughout 2018, we have teamed up with Thai Airways and Tourism Authority Thailand to give one lucky supporter a trip of a lifetime.

Boxing Day is already looking like a big game so to ensure that you have the best seats available, as well as entering the draw, visit oufctickets.co.uk or call 01865 337533 to book your place today.

We hope to see you here on Boxing Day.

Good luck!

Pity the club can't put as much effort into replying to legitimate concerns of loyal fans.
Surely this is the football side of the club trying to sell...a football match.
Somebody did mention the staff in all of this and I see no problem in the football side trying to carry on and promote a big day in the football calendar?

This all brings to mind a story I heard from my Irish cousin who was walking behind a couple of old pensioners in Dublin. The first pensioner said to his friend “my wife asked me what I was doing today and I told her, absolutely nothing, and she said that’s what you said yesterday, I know, I told her, but I hadn’t finished it.”

Dear Peter

Did you buy Tigger a seat then? I presume he's the lucky supporter.

I think you're assuming it's pointless.

• React
Reactions: m
Surely this is the football side of the club trying to sell...a football match.
Somebody did mention the staff in all of this and I see no problem in the football side trying to carry on and promote a big day in the football calendar?
I guess it’s the timing more than anything which is galling. We’ve been waiting for an official response from the club on a subject which touches on fundamental trust issues between the club and its fans, and what is it we get? The club trying to extract money from us...

I guess it’s the timing more than anything which is galling. We’ve been waiting for an official response from the club on a subject which touches on fundamental trust issues between the club and its fans, and what is it we get? The club trying to extract money from us...
I understand totally the issue Myles. But the rest of the football club have to carry on the football side surely?
Wouldn't the marketing people be negligent to not publicise the Boxing Day game and try and raise as much revenue as it can?
With regard to the response I would expect an update from Oxvox very soon as to whether they have had a response from Tiger or not?

I understand totally the issue Myles. But the rest of the football club have to carry on the football side surely?
Wouldn't the marketing people be negligent to not publicise the Boxing Day game and try and raise as much revenue as it can?
With regard to the response I would expect an update from Oxvox very soon as to whether they have had a response from Tiger or not?
Yes of course. I just think the timing is particularly crass. But, yes, it does underline the point that the club staff are doing their level best to keep the club going and for that they should be applauded.

I don't shop at the same supermarket for my whole life though...

True - problem is though that the OUFC Supermarket will know that you are unlikely to change your shopping habits and so this can (wrongly in my view) lead to a bit of apathy.

This thread isn't very helpful is it. If someone does receive a reply and posts it, then the club are hardly likely to respond on a 1-1 basis in the future knowing that it's likely to be revealed to all and sundry. They might as well just do a press statement and yes I know they haven't done it for the HMRC issue.......

If folk want to have an email dialogue with the FD/MD on a specific matter, then there shouldn't be any suggestion that it will be published. I recently had helpful dialogue with Matt Everett regarding the centenary shirt but this was on the basis that I wouldn't publish any of the correspondence, my suggestion not his, until he actually asked me to and thus I obliged to get some of the info out there prior to his statement on the OWS.

I think yo'uve been whooshed Wallop, the point is there is no response.

I'm sure no one would actually publish any reply with any sensitive information, mainly because none would be released

I think yo'uve been whooshed Wallop, the point is there is no response.

I'm sure no one would actually publish any reply with any sensitive information, mainly because none would be released

Not sure about that - I think some might but I do accept there has to be a response to publish!

Exactly, are people like the Marketing Director / Rosie etc not supposed to carry on as normal. Lack of Tiger updates is hardly their fault.

I doubt many of the middle management / clerical staff have any more idea about what is going on than the rest of us. Not even sure the MD is totally in the picture.

Back
Top Bottom