HMRC?

Didn't Tiger take John Madejski for a mug and trouser millions?
Maybe he thought he could do the same to FK but met his match??

I think he was the bag-man (or the gin & dubonnet carrier) for real playas.

Could be wrong tho.

But then, has a thing changed?

I guess he thought he could buy the stadium from FK cheaply and then develop the land around it - just like he did in Reading.
Mmm. Buy the stadium cheaply from Kassam? I am Not sure that anybody thinks that is possible...

Well, this isnt a surprise. I know people will jump on me cos its me, but hopefully people will now realise any talk of Splashing the cash in january is fanciful in the extreme, in the same way it was in the summer. The good intentions were there, the funding not. This was abundantly clear with the Maynard and Ranger issues.

We are absolutely brassic IMO and unfortunately, the one person who may genuinely have had the funds and concern to bale us out is now in the North East.

Well, this isnt a surprise. I know people will jump on me cos its me, but hopefully people will now realise any talk of Splashing the cash in january is fanciful in the extreme

Well, I won't (jump on you), you're my favourite poster.

But I sort of disagree, I mean these foreign parties are all well minted, even if Tigger is (to all intents and porpoises) potless, pocketless (I may have mentioned this before), but they're not into football - cf Thohir f*****g Inter and I dread to think about Zaki's land holdings in East Jerusalem (capital of Palestine)

I'm not sure Donald had the capacity, and I'm sure the floppy-haired c*nts mum wasn't up for it. Why mortgage the Cotswolds?

Something fantastically brilliant will happen soon. Trust me; I'm a liar.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • React
Reactions: m
This is very very serious. Club could be liquidated very quickly. That means the end of the club. You can’t do Bristol
city 1982 limited under the rules anymore.

It’s acrually beyond joking about. Pay the bill immediately Tiger. And don’t drag our club through the shite.

This is really strange, silence from key people? Silence is often just before another boardroom change or no money?

This is now really concerning. We’ve all known about this for some time now. The previous WUO did appear to be a genuine error that was a result of the takeover and was dealt with. Why hasn’t this one been dealt with? I don’t want us to become a Southend or Bury that seem to have a WUO every six months or so.

A proper club statement is needed. Not one of his ‘more details aoon’, ‘can’t say much’ or ‘will have an answer in the coming months’ statements that seem to have peppered FFs and official website updates from Tiger lately.

I don’t doubt that OxVox are asking the right questions however they’re not generating the right answers from the board. Can anyone? The last FF didn’t generate anything concrete at all.
The last FF was all hot air and bluster

KR can bluster with the best of them and regularly exaggerates and overshoots in everything he says but you could well be right.

Unless this WUO is sorted soon we could be seeing Brannagan sold off.

Massive questions for Tiger and the role of his wealthy board members. What exactly are they bringing to this?
I would think DE also has a few questions to answer, this was all supposed to be in the clubs best interests wasn’t it..?

Strange thoughts going through my head that the board want liquidatios because then the "Oxford United" brand becomes available to whoever owns it. Or am I just being a suspicious old b****r?

The person who would know best on this is probably @PottersRightBoot

But, to be honest, I don’t think it really matters. The petition was initially issued 3 weeks or so ago, so there is literally no excuse for it not to have been paid.
The person who would know best on this is probably @PottersRightBoot

But, to be honest, I don’t think it really matters. The petition was initially issued 3 weeks or so ago, so there is literally no excuse for it not to have been paid.

Club will have to make payment from another account. This is desperately poor club stewardship. In certain cases of this type directors are disqualified and can be made to pay back unpaid tax personally. The current position is .. sadly ... perilous .

Agreed. Absolutely inexcusable and downright disappointing. Regardless of Tigers intentions, of which we have absolutely no idea but for Thomas Guerrero style rumblings of the Oxford brand, he has still made an absolute balls up of his first year with regards PR even if intentions are good. But forget PR this is a serious predicament to be in.

... Let’s hope this all becomes yesterday’s fish and chip wrappers at some point

The local media shouldn’t let the club brush this away so easily anymore - they need to join in with demanding serious answers and turning up the heat for a legitimate response. RadOx spoke about it for two or three minutes after the game yesterday and were certainly scratching their heads, but we’re going to need more than that. We need some actual condemnation now because it is inexcusable, not only that it has happened AGAIN but because the board are now lying about it. They claimed several weeks ago that this would be sorted within days and it has not been, and that should not be ignored by anybody.

If this bow tie sporting imbecile is planning on running the club this way going forward, either being unable or unwilling to pay tax repeatedly until we are given winding up petitions and taken to court, we are done for. We are absolutely done for, and it’s either incredibly sinister or so negligent and risky that it defies all logic and reasoning. Regardless, it’s time for the fan base and media alike to grow a pair and really turn the heat up now. This is unacceptable.

And a special thank you to Daryl Eales, obviously, for always watching out for our best interests. Give the man a statue.

I’ve just had a look at the OM website to see what their take on it is. There’s not a single word about it that I can see.

Unbelievable...Potentially the biggest story regarding the clubs future in years and nothing. It wouldn’t want to bite the hand that feeds it though would it. It’s almost laughable that it calls itself a newspaper.

So the club has four options now:

Can a Winding Up Order Be Stopped?
Once the Court has issued a winding up order there is nothing that can be done to stop the company from being completely liquidated. However, there is a short period of time during which you can take action to prevent the order from being issued. When a creditor or HMRC issues a winding up petition to the Court it is reviewed and if approved it is then issued to the insolvent company. After receiving the petition the insolvent company then has 7 days to do one of four things:

1. Pay all debts owed to the petitioner (whoever is petitioning to liquidate your company, whether it be HMRC or another creditor).
  2. Arrange and propose a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) to come to an agreement with the petitioner. Such an arrangement could allow you to repay the debt gradually over a period of up to 5 years, while also letting your company escape liquidation.
  3. Obtain an Administration Order to have the company put into Administration, during which a licensed Insolvency practitioner would be appointed as an administrator to evaluate and sell some of the company’s assets. During a Court-order Administration all legal actions are stayed, which means the Court will not issue the winding up order against your company.
  4. Dispute the debt. In order for this to be an option there has to be substantial proof that the debt Claim is unfair or inaccurate. This is a serious allegation against the creditor known as “abuse of court process.”

Begs the question, are other companies owed money from Oxford and if so, when will they cal those monies in? I’ve heard this is the case and it’s certainly been ongoing for a few months now. Remember how Pompey screwed local companies. Looking like Ox are (allegedly) doing the same thing.

Strange thoughts going through my head that the board want liquidatios because then the "Oxford United" brand becomes available to whoever owns it. Or am I just being a suspicious old b****r?

*Dons tinfoil hat* I have been thinking about how OUFC going into administration/liquidation would benefit the board.

It would enable a clean getaway from the K*$$t*d and outstanding debts. The club could reform as Oxford FC (just think of the "brand"!) and play at Court Place Farm for a fraction of the cost.

Even at the 10th level in the pyramid, the phoenix club would still likely get above average crowds meaning the club would rise up through the league's whilst operating on a break-even basis. Whilst our billionaire board have time to build us a small yet modern stadium where they cash-in on the associated commercial property on the same site.

Somewhat far-fetched. So just what is the play here?

The clubs silence is deafening. Certainly won’t be the present we’re looking for

Lots of clubs have had these winding up petitions over the years ( I think Southend has had at least 7 in the last 5 or 6 years alone). I’m not overly worried about this in isolation. Just can’t understand why the cash flow is not there. That’s the bit that worries me. Tiger comes across as all trousers but no money belt.

Lots of clubs have had these winding up petitions over the years ( I think Southend has had at least 7 in the last 5 or 6 years alone). I’m not overly worried about this in isolation. Just can’t understand why the cash flow is not there. That’s the bit that worries me. Tiger comes across as all trousers but no money belt.
I’m definitely beginning to think the Thohir story is a smoke screen. His agreeing to be part of the story in exchange for a footy shirt certainly gives Tiger a bit more credence.

Back
Top Bottom