HMRC?

Yes. It is time now to stop blindly swallowing Tigers horseshit, or asking how we got into this mess. Its clear this was no admin error but a deliberate non payment.

Key is two questions-

- will one of our billionaire board pay it?
- what is the tangible plan for dealing with the cashflow issue? None of this should have been a surprise if due diligence had been done i.e that the club has very little source of income itself bar player sales.

Isnt it amazing (and scary) how quickly things have gone to s**t?

I want to be angry at the disregard Tiger and his mob hold the fan base.

But the tone for this treatment was set during takeover discussions when the supporters group hushed-hushed, greased the wheels and denied proper scrutiny. And any one who put their hand up and said ‘this isn’t right’ was abused and, let’s not forget, reported to the new management in sort of bizarre Stasi redux.

So it’s not surprising that Tiger - who isn’t even criticised for being consistently absent - behaves as he does. The ‘strong relationship’ he refers to with the supporters group is entirely, it seems to me, based on him feeding tittle tattle about shirt sponsors or new signings (which don’t happen) in return for carte blanche. He’s played a blinder.

Months on...we still don’t know his plan. We still don’t know where the money is coming from (news flash.. there ain’t any). And Zaki, Horst and ET have not furnished a scintilla of info about wtf they are doing here.

And yet. And yet. We still have time to stick up for our club. If OxVox (instead of waiting to be fed more lies) come out NOW to condemn the administration and say enough is enough they immediately unite the fan base.

As it stands, this club is on the brink. 17 days from death.

It’s time Tiger was taught a lesson. Pick your side, chaps.

You’d like to think of ALL the clubs/fans with the shite journeys we’ve been on we’d not be caught out with owners pulling the wool over our eyes!!

And to think only year ago or so we were told that Kassam had changed and actually cared about the club!!

THE ONLY THING THESE GUYS CARE ABOUT IS MONEY!!!! Start from this position and you won’t be far wrong.

When will be learn this nicey nicey approach doesn’t work with both the club and Kassam and any potential current/future owners.

FOUL anyone?

This will now go 1 of 2 ways, either Tiger realizes he has cocked up and is open with supporters or he starts a war with OxVox which wouldn't go down well with fans and it could turn quite ugly against him.

No chance of option 2 in my opinion...if he starts getting the ar*ehole with the fans over something that's demonstrably and worryingly his fault then his days are numbered.

Yes. It is time now to stop blindly swallowing Tigers horseshit, or asking how we got into this mess. Its clear this was no admin error but a deliberate non payment.

Key is two questions-

- will one of our billionaire board pay it?
- what is the tangible plan for dealing with the cashflow issue? None of this should have been a surprise if due diligence had been done i.e that the club has very little source of income itself bar player sales.

Isnt it amazing (and scary) how quickly things have gone to s**t?

Frankly speaking, no. It was clear from the outset that Tiger was not a wealthy person and unable to fund OUFC. He had a lump sum post Reading FC and that was enough for DE to snap his hand off. DE walked away from the mess he had created and financially clear with an iron clad agreement for the club to pay him more. Worst of all that "charge" over the club takes precedence and will still be levied against any funds in the clubs accounts.

Some on here were sceptical at the time and were pilloried for speaking out.

No chance of option 2 in my opinion...if he starts getting the ar*ehole with the fans over something that's demonstrably and worryingly his fault then his days are numbered.

Option 1 is problematic in the sense that in Tiger's culture, "saving face" is of utmost importance in all circumstances. I don't see him holding up his hands and admitting weakness.

Hawk, I have to admit to being someone who was critical at what I saw at the time as unnecessary doom mongering with your posts when Tiger came in. I wanted, more in hope than anything, to give Tiger a chance to prove that he was genuinely here to help bring success. I’m still trying to cut him some slack, but the longer all this shenanigans goes on without any tangible explanations as to what he’s playing at, the more I have to hold my hand up and admit that you were right in questioning him and his motives. I’m not necessarily advocating direct confrontation with Tiger but we’re now well within our rights to demand answers. As a fan I constantly hope that each new owner that comes off of the conveyor belt will be the one we’ve been waiting for, and ,so far, it seems each one, in their own way, bring varying degrees of disappointment and unfulfilled promises. I’m learning that sensible cynicism is preferable to naive hope unfortunately

We potentially had one, but Darryl within his wisdom didn’t feel it was in the best interest of the club.

And upset the powers to be at Oufc, good luck with that one...

You would like to think that even the Oxford Mail wouldn’t be scared to upset an owner who has gotten the club to a stage where it has a winding up order against, lied about paying it and is seemingly ignoring it, not much point staying close to a regime that could potentially kill the club in a record short amount of time, can’t restrict access to a club that doesn’t exist.

Has anyone ever bought an English club and bought it to this state in such a short amount of time? I can’t think of any, certaintly not in the pro game.

We potentially had one, but Darryl within his wisdom didn’t feel it was in the best interest of the club.

A couple of things;

1) Probably not the time to start trying to push your love of JS and Charles.
2) Even with this mess I am still glad JS and co aren't in control of the club as I don't trust them at all.
3) We had an excellent owner in Eales, unfortunately he made the club too successful, too quickly. Fan's expectations went through the roof and started to think we were a bigger club than we are.
4) We really need to get behind each other as petty point scoring isn't going to help anyone right now.

Quite. What can OUFC do to the Mail other than banning its reporters from the ground (again)? The Mail need to take a tough stance and think about keeping the Oxford public (or at least those interested in OUFC) onside rather than fly-by-night supposed investors who seem to be risking the destruction of the club.

Let's have a good scrap, played out in the local media.
Spot on Pete. The other factor in this will be who we draw tomorrow in the FA cup. Big Premiership side will see the national press all over this story.

A couple of things;

1) Probably not the time to start trying to push your love of JS and Charles.
2) Even with this mess I am still glad JS and co aren't in control of the club as I don't trust them at all.
3) We had an excellent owner in Eales, unfortunately he made the club too successful, too quickly. Fan's expectations went through the roof and started to think we were a bigger club than we are.
4) We really need to get behind each other as petty point scoring isn't going to help anyone right now.

Really? DE was an excellent owner? Come on, this is not petty point scoring. DE sold to his choice of buyer. He told us that Tiger was the right man.
I don't see Sunderland fighting a winding up order.

Really? DE was an excellent owner? Come on, this is not petty point scoring. DE sold to his choice of buyer. He told us that Tiger was the right man.
I don't see Sunderland fighting a winding up order.

Yes but SD has stated more than once he wouldn’t buy Oxford because heart would rule head in business decisions.

Spot on Pete. The other factor in this will be who we draw tomorrow in the FA cup. Big Premiership side will see the national press all over this story.
Or, it could be argued, that it would be just what Tiger needs to deflect attention away from all of this. Nothing like a bit of on-field excitement to take everyone’s mind off of the off-field issues..

Back
Top Bottom